PDA

View Full Version : Building a custom box for my Rsx.

EvilEvo8
04-18-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm in starting phase of getting everything ready to put my audio/video setup in my acura.

HU- Avic-D2
Components- infinity reference 6.5 front and rear
Sub- Alpine 12' type R.
amps- component get the alpine f450. Sub gets the M650.

I plain on running the sub in parallel at 2ohms. I haven't done much research on weither or not i"m gonna run it ported or sealed. Some info on this would be great. I'm gonna be gettin the demensions I'm able to work with tomorrow. My guess is for space reasons a sealed box. I'll just wait and make that decesion when I'm more knowledgeable on the subject. I'd like to custom build a box that fits in the spare tire well. My dad is an expert with wood working and has actually built boxes in the past. He builds custom cabinets and other various custom wood workings. So, he's up to the task. I just need to give him the Dimensions and the material.

I wanting to keep this setup clean and possible. I plan on flush mounting the amps and keeping exsposed wires to a minumium(sp). Any good links to custom box building. I don't expect yall to give me all the answers. just maybe shed some light on the proper links to follow. I'm really gonna look into some type of digital sound processor. I really would like to get the best quality out of this setup. Keep in mind, I work at best buy. I'm trying to use as much of our product as possible, because my employee discount. I'm definately not try to cut corners. I'd really like to get some nice bass out of the setup, but SQ is definately important. Comments, questions and concerns are greatly appriciated.

-Chad-

1967impala
04-18-2006, 01:47 AM
do you like your type r

EvilEvo8
04-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Honestly, I haven't heard it yet. I'm just now puttin the system together. It's the best thing we carry at work and I think I'll be greatly satisfied with it in the Acura. It should hit fairly nice in the back hatch of the acura. I'll definately have plenty of reviews to give once I get my setup put together.

-Chad-

1967impala
04-18-2006, 01:55 AM
i just put two in my car last night and i realy wasnt satisfied

ssj2xxgotenxx
04-18-2006, 01:57 AM

Get two more then =)

EvilEvo8
04-18-2006, 02:16 PM

Well, proper install, enclosure specs and tuning are a Key to getting the best results. Not saying you haven't done all of that. Just pointing it out encase you haven't. Just paring and amp with some subs in a box is most likely not gonna be that impressive.

I've been blessed to find some friends with a wealth of knowledge towards this area. One is a SQ judge for Meca and a computer electronics geek. A few others that are helping me with this project all have exstensive amount of car audio and just pure electronics knowledge. My main reason for being on here is to try and learn as much as possible. So, i can do as much as possible for my benifit.

-Chad-

nismboy6986
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
i love his attitude

EvilEvo8
04-18-2006, 05:31 PM
i love his attitude

??? do you mean this in good or bad way???

-Chad-

joeldirt
04-18-2006, 08:23 PM
??? do you mean this in good or bad way???

-Chad-

I'd say in a good way. That is my impression. You are learning exactly how I did. Ask questions, do personal research, trial and error, and just flat out experience after time. On here you can learn alot just by reading without conversating in them.. The type R should do you well. I would think you will be happy with a sealed box in that car. If you had room for a ported enclosure that would be great, but if you just want to keep it clean and are really weighing heavily towards SQ vs output... go sealled It is easier to design / build anyway. As for your attitude... keep it up. next comes the tool box and the tools to fill it. After this set up is complete you will be hooked.

btw... I am a custom cabinet builder too. Some of the tools and tricks I take from custom cabinet making to car audio, and really get great results.