PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 7000... Anyone Have It Yet..? How Do You Like It..?

desertheat
04-17-2006, 09:33 PM
As the other post said, My girl put my iva-w200 combo on hold until she gets a new deck "porch" built so I am looking for sweet deck right now. I see I can get the cd7000 for about $530 shipped... Anyone have this deck..?? How do you like it..? I see it has a 5 band parametric + 1 channel parametric for sub..? Let me know the details... also what are the selectable crossover slopes..?

3.5Max6spd
04-17-2006, 09:40 PM
it has 5 band for front chs, and a separate 5band for rear chs + sub...11 bands altogether

6spdcoupe should chime in hes running one. I believe Zfactor is toying with one as well as per this post...
http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=129417&pagenumber=1

desertheat
04-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Nice... Think I will toss in an order tonight on one.... $530 shipped is a freakin killer deal for what all this deck can do I think...

desertheat
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiz.... Just threw down cash on a cd7000... Man it has everything I freakin want in a deck...... Well we will see... Hope to install her this weekend if it arrives fast enough... Man I am excited! weeeeeeeeeeeee Not quite the alpine combo I wanted but this will definitly do for now!

alphakenny1
04-18-2006, 02:35 AM
nice let us know how it is. its a freakn **** HU. and i wouldn't doubt eclipse's quality either.

6spdcoupe
04-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Eh its ok....

:) Ive sold/installed a few so far.

desertheat
04-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Like I said, it is to hold me over for awhile. I am more of an alpine guy anyways. I think it will look hot in the dash of the tc.

FoxPro5
04-18-2006, 09:00 AM
So desert, when you going to step up and buy some REAL gear anyway...geeeeez.....:p:

cjj2d
04-18-2006, 09:04 AM
where did you get it for that price???

alphakenny1
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Like I said, it is to hold me over for awhile. I am more of an alpine guy anyways. I think it will look hot in the dash of the tc.

okay when you get your new alpine, sell the cd7000 to me for cheap :D.

cjj2d
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I'll trade you my 9855 for your cd7000!!!:naughty: :D

desertheat
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
*LOL* I can get a 9855 for basically free right now which I am going to do and stick it in my truck. Glad most like it but I would search the world over for another mint 9835 that is not price gouged and mint condition. Ah well. Will check this eclipse out and see if it is nice as it looks or a plastic feeling peice of crap. Got the tracking number, the eclipse will arrive Monday... DOH! Wish it was Friday!

desertheat
04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
where did you get it for that price???

Ebay... $494 + $22 ship.... cannot beat that over the $699 + ship others are charging.... Also has all the features I want. Pretty excited actually and it will work with my oem steeing wheel controls with ease...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9710483890&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Beat_Dominator
04-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Desert, I really want to see that deck, nobody in the valley has it on display yet :(

You better pm me when you get it so I can run out and sneak a peak at the functions!

mikegett
04-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Desertheat,
If the cd7000 is like the 8455 , then you set crossover points at any frequency you like. On the deck, it has limited ranges. When you log into eiserve any channel can be set to any frequency range above 20 htz.

desertheat
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Interesting, WIll do a full review when it arrives. Will be here Monday and it will be installed solo monday with no other components.... Have to install all that fun stuff on a weekend soon to come.

desertheat
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Desert, I really want to see that deck, nobody in the valley has it on display yet :(

You better pm me when you get it so I can run out and sneak a peak at the functions!

Word, no prob mang! Will be in town all next week. Will drop her in monday night but will be the deck only powering stock junk. Weekend after next I plan to start the rest of the system... But you can feel free to cruise to Tempe to check it out anytime.

Lizardking
04-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Its a very nice headunit...nothing to write home about though!

6spdcoupe
04-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Gotta agree with that, mine will most likely be coming out soon enough....

Beat_Dominator
04-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Word, no prob mang! Will be in town all next week. Will drop her in monday night but will be the deck only powering stock junk. Weekend after next I plan to start the rest of the system... But you can feel free to cruise to Tempe to check it out anytime.

:cool: word. I'll pm you sometime this weekend and see if we can set a time.

Lizardking
04-19-2006, 01:00 AM

What you planning to go with?

azbass
04-19-2006, 01:08 AM
mines in the mail from eclipse. acomadation ftw.

6spdcoupe
04-19-2006, 01:33 AM
What you planning to go with?

Actually now looking into the Helix. Although a Nak CD700 isnt ruled out or if I can find a DCT-1-K floatin around..

Lizardking
04-19-2006, 01:34 AM
I wasn't impressed with that URAL after looking at the specs....maybe the Helix will be better..

6spdcoupe
04-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Only one way to find out...in the end its just money.

Lizardking
04-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Only one way to find out...in the end its just money.

I'm curious about the features it will offer...The URAL deck that ED is pettling is nice but with a lot of fluff.....I wasn't impressed once I read the specs..

desertheat
04-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Post up all the specs since your talking about the ural on my cd7000 post and arguing about amplifiers on my ural post haha!

desertheat
04-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Also what makes the cd7000 deck "ok" and not great? Give us a run down...

TheBigDu
04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, that's encouraging...

Lizardking
04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
The CD7000 is just that, okay.... It sounds good it has decent features. The knob is a pain in the butt and feels uber cheap...IMO. The lack of being able to turn off the internal amp, the lack of being able to turn off the aux input. Everytime you change sources that pops up.. The menus although better then the old Eclipse units can still be a pain to navigate. It doesn't display enough info from the Sirus like I'm use too. When you put a CD in the face doesn't automatically retract. You have to do that manually. The remote control really stinks, it basically does nothing but turn the volume up. I could go on about the little things......but the deck does sound good.

Lizardking
04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Post up all the specs since your talking about the ural on my cd7000 post and arguing about amplifiers on my ural post haha!

Read the spec sheet on the URAL and you decide what makes it so great! Nothing impressed me.. The CD7000 will be just as good if not better I'm sure!

TheBigDu
04-19-2006, 02:43 PM
The CD7000 is just that, okay.... It sounds good it has decent features. The knob is a pain in the butt and feels uber cheap...IMO. The lack of being able to turn off the internal amp, the lack of being able to turn off the aux input. Everytime you change sources that pops up.. The menus although better then the old Eclipse units can still be a pain to navigate. It doesn't display enough info from the Sirus like I'm use too. When you put a CD in the face doesn't automatically retract. You have to do that manually. The remote control really stinks, it basically does nothing but turn the volume up. I could go on about the little things......but the deck does sound good.
Yeah I have a lot of the same complaints as you. The knob is a big pain in the a*s, there's no pause button (wtf?), the text on the screen is hard to read sometimes.

I went from a 9835 to this, and here's my summary. From what I can tell, the Alpine definitely didn't sound as good, but Eclipse ***** on the features compared to Alpine. I mean, at least they have pause buttons on their HUs, the biolite display was very easy to read, the menu was intuitive, and the face was even built better than that on the Eclipse. So in some ways I guess I regret my purchase.

desertheat
04-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Things that **** me off on the eclipse....

Specs only say crossovers will work to 18db/oct and no steeper??? Also the eq does not have an adjustable Q on each band..? What gives..?? grrr....

ngsm13
04-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Things that **** me off on the eclipse....

Specs only say crossovers will work to 18db/oct and no steeper??? Also the eq does not have an adjustable Q on each band..? What gives..?? grrr....

Nope, they go up to 24dB/oct... saw it with my eyes today ;)

nG

desertheat
04-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Ah that part is good, crunchfried is wrong then thank god... Now about that peq...

Lizardking
04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
The PEQ is fully adjustable....You read the manual on Crutchfield before you get it. This way you will have an idea on how to run it.

TheBigDu
04-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Ah that part is good, crunchfried is wrong then thank god... Now about that peq...
Yeah, there is definitely a Q adjustment on the PEQ.

mikegett
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
The PEQ is fully adjustable....You read the manual on Crutchfield before you get it. This way you will have an idea on how to run it.

where does crutchfield have the manual posted for viewing?

OldOneEye
04-20-2006, 10:57 PM
where does crutchfield have the manual posted for viewing?

One of the tabs says hands on research (what's included in the box)

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/099/099CD7000.PDF

Juan

OldOneEye
04-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Finally got mine (sort of on accomodation, they had a door prize at the dealer training.... and yours truly won).

I still need to mess around with it, but I feel like a ****ing caveman messing with this after having the Rockford RFX-8250 in the car now. I hooked it up to the power supply, and I'm going to install the Ipod and GPS add ons this weekend as well as the self tuning mike.

Parts of it I like, parts I'm still sorting out. Of all the stuff Cardomain carries that I have access to, I'm not sure if this would have been my first choice (heck, the CD5000 does almost as much just a slightly different display).

Some of the features I'm sure I won't be using (the Circle Surround, SRS).

Still need to get a memory stick (128 max? non pro? time to hit the Amish crafts stores..... what a weird limitation in my book. Memory Sticks that small are getting harder and harder to find).

I'm excited to play with this thing, I'm starting to get the feeling its going to be like the i-drive on the BMW. Really disliked at first, but once you get the hang of this thing, things will be cool.

Juan

OldOneEye
04-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Played with it a little more.

Pros:
Plays MP3 (hey, I had a Denford, so that is nice change).
Remote control (see above)

Cons:
Wanted to have the faceplate tilt.
Faceplate doesn't autoclose
Noise (my install is thrown together until the new 2006 Punch amps show up, but the Denford installed exactly had zero noise), CD7000 has alternator whine and some sort of buzz
Thought that the microphone would help autotune it. It doesn't.
Has a fan built in that makes some noise.
Remote seems slow to respond to clicks
Display should have the ability to display a larger font
Volume level is very small, doesn't really stand out when you raise and lower the volume.
Color options for illumination aren't the best (the Nissan has whitish illumination, nothing comes even close).

Juan

squeak9798
04-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Noise (my install is thrown together until the new 2006 Punch amps show up, but the Denford installed exactly had zero noise), CD7000 has alternator whine and some sort of buzz

Odd. Back about six months ago I switched from a Denford 8240 to an Eclipse 8053, and likewise picked up alt whine as a result of the switch.

The Eclipse units in general must be much more sensitive to grounding issues than the Denfords.

OldOneEye
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
So how did you solve it?

Juan

Odd. Back about six months ago I switched from a Denford 8240 to an Eclipse 8053, and likewise picked up alt whine as a result of the switch.

The Eclipse units in general must be much more sensitive to grounding issues than the Denfords.

squeak9798
04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
So how did you solve it?

Juan

I didn't :D

I was running HLCD's, and the whine was horrible with the 8053. Shortly after putting the 8053 in, I took the horns out and was running a regular component set....the whine was much less noticeable through those than with the ultra-high-sensitivity horns. And since the 8053 was such a huge pain to get in my dash because of all of the wires (balanced RCA outputs and such made it very bulky), I never felt like dinking around with it. With the components, you could only really hear it if the volume was basically off, like when paused. But with the horns, it was absolutely horrible.

desertheat
04-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I did read the crutchfield writeup, that is were I got the 18db crap and no adjustable q. I am not talking about eq but the q value of each band. You need to read it yourself. There are allot of flaws in there writeup.

6spdcoupe
04-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I agree with alot of the flaws posted above, but I havent run into any noise issues. Well with the exception of floor noise, which is apparently a problem Eclipse has yet to correct. :( No alti,grounding,etc issues though.

Lizardking
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
I have zero noise issues!! But of course I have Zapco's and not Arc's......LOL I had to throw that out there....J/K The PEQ is fully adjustable....

6spdcoupe
04-22-2006, 10:36 PM
doesnt matter what amps you have, noise floor issues will be present either way. Its a source problem, not an amp one.

desertheat
04-22-2006, 10:37 PM
doesnt matter what amps you have, noise floor issues will be present either way. Its a source problem, not an amp one.

Can you get around the noise floor on it being a 5 V deck and carefully tuning the gains or is it permanent at all voltage levels..?..?

Beat_Dominator
04-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I had to turn my 8443 up about 85% to get audible noise. Question is...is that from the deck or the Carver? I'll never know because I don't care :p:

Lizardking
04-22-2006, 10:46 PM

I proved to Zapco that one of their amps had a noise floor and even their engineers admitted all amps will have some sort of noise floor..;) If you want confirmation then talk with Robert at Zapco....;)

EDIT I just realized you were agreeing....LOL

Beat_Dominator
04-22-2006, 10:47 PM
That's why it's a floor... it's always going to be there...just how low from ambient?

Lizardking
04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Can you get around the noise floor on it being a 5 V deck and carefully tuning the gains or is it permanent at all voltage levels..?..?

From talking with Zapco there is no way around it.....all amps will have this issue regardless of what some will post....yes even Brax will have noise issues..

Lizardking
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
For me to hear the noise floor in my Zapco's I have to have my ear right up against the speaker less then an inch away from the cone. I also have to turn the gain up just a hair to hear it.....

OldOneEye
04-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Anyone use it with the GPS antenae? I can't seem to get the area shot to work (I know the GPS works because it will tell me what direction I'm heading in one of the display modes).

I load the maps in, jump through the hoops and it doesn't give me the option, just keeps cycling through the same thing over and over (add route or something like that).

Juan

desertheat
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
My gps for the 7000 will be in somtime next week... Will let ya know how it turns out... I give this deck a 9/10 for options that a deck needs and a 20/10 for options no deck needs but it comes with them anyways so might as well use them.