PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions? Kenwood KDC-X990 or Pioneer DEH-P880PRS?

robbi
04-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I like the simplicity of the pioneer, but just had a DEH-P840's motorized face die on me for the third time! I definitely dont want to do that again! So that leads to the kenwood, which is only $30 more. How well do the kenwoods hold up? It also looks like the Kenwood may be the same as the anniversary edition? What do you think?

Beat_Dominator
04-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Personal preference for the operation weigh heavily in this, but the p880 is a hard deal to beat.

robbi
04-17-2006, 05:45 PM
I know I am familiar with the Pioneers GUI, but hoped someone may see or know something better in one them That I may have missed. Thanks!

Prowler573
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
After a quick glance through the specs on Crutchfield's site the X990 does look like the same thing as the XXV-01D with allegedly better DACs. (I say allegedly as I know nothing about the Wolfson converters that are replacing the Burr-Brown units used in previous years)

The '04 lineup was the first year Kenwood introduced the "Auto-Slide" faceplate mechanism on the KDC-X679. I bought one of those when it first came out and it is still going strong with no faceplate operation issues the two years that I used it before upgrading to the 25th Anny deck and the guy that has it now reports nothing but luv for it now that it is in use everyday in his K-5 Blazer.

MBrock4u
04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Thats a nice pioneer unit. The Kenwood Excelon's to me are really hard to beat. Of course I own one but they are sweet, and sound awesome. I would think though you would be happy with either or though.