View Full Version : what kind of a fleece?

04-16-2006, 05:13 PM
im done with my wood frame and spkr rings, but i now need to cover it with a fleece. I was reading so other threads to get some ideas, but im still not sure. Is fleece a material i can just walk into walmart and ask them for, or are there other names for it? I read polyester of any kind will work too. Does it have to be 100% polyester or what? What kinda price range is on this stuff?

04-16-2006, 05:15 PM
go to walmart and get the most crazy wacky design possibal. make shure it also pretty streachy. and cheep.

04-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Make shure it will stretch both ways, beacuse some fleece will only stretch little bit one way and a lot more the oposite direction, it makes wraping the enclosure a lot less dificult

04-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Just ask for "fleece" Polar fleece. It is soft and it is somewhat thick material. You should be able to stretch it in both directions fairly easily. alot of the time it comes in printed colors like care bears, or tele tubby type ****. I always use a solid color, but that is just my personal preference. You can feel free to get some care bear fleece to wrap your frame with tho.... oh yeah. usually runs for about 4-8 bucks per linear yard. Joanne Fabrics, wallmart, maybe even michaels arts and crafts. or any other local fabric mart. good luck!

04-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Fleece works, but here lately have gotten into using a lycra based swimsuit material that can be found at wally world, and other fabric stores. It stretches wonderfully in all directions. And doesn't pill like fleece does. :)

04-17-2006, 12:24 PM
same here. you will have to add extra layers of fibgerglass to make it strong enough for a sub enclosure - but its so much easier to stretch, trim, and look flush that its not even funny.

just get the most stretchyest material you can find. thats all i do :)