PDA

View Full Version : volume knob died

mtdewelf
04-15-2006, 02:06 PM
anyone have problem with panasonic's volume knob(specifically cq3301) going out. should i just sell my amp and try to get a pioneer premier 860 or similiar or is it fixable. the remote volume still works just not the deck control.

Prowler573
04-15-2006, 02:11 PM
How much do you like the way the Panasonic operates? Shoot - it could be a blessing in disguise - get someone in your ride yacking away about something you don't wanna hear about just crank it up and then stuff the remote in your lap! They won't be able to turn it back down :thumbsup:

Seemingly there are alot of complaints about the longevity of Panasonic's head units....but if that is the only problem with it and you like it okay otherwise I'd say just save your money and stick with it for now...

On the flipside of that it may be the perfect excuse to get you an 860 which is a much better unit than the Panasonic you're currently running.

I reckon it's all about your personal financial situation at the end of the day and no one can make that decision but you. :)

Ricky616
04-15-2006, 02:15 PM
How much do you like the way the Panasonic operates? Shoot - it could be a blessing in disguise - get someone in your ride yacking away about something you don't wanna hear about just crank it up and then stuff the remote in your lap! They won't be able to turn it back down :thumbsup:

Seemingly there are alot of complaints about the longevity of Panasonic's head units....but if that is the only problem with it and you like it okay otherwise I'd say just save your money and stick with it for now...

On the flipside of that it may be the perfect excuse to get you an 860 which is a much better unit than the Panasonic you're currently running.

I reckon it's all about your personal financial situation at the end of the day and no one can make that decision but you. :)
x2 if u use the remote most of the time just stick with the hu if you dont like using the remote then buy another HU :D

mtdewelf
04-15-2006, 02:16 PM
i dunno, haven't had a deck in awhile until this one. i like it i guess don't use any features considering it only has fade/balance on it but i would like to have abit of eq'ing built into deck and some 4volt preouts. looking at upgrading to a flipout(looking to spend 5-700 on one) but wanted to wait atleast a few months to save for a nice one

EDIT: i try to use remote alot but i end up losing it for days at a time :(

Ricky616
04-15-2006, 02:17 PM
i dunno, haven't had a deck in awhile until this one. i like it i guess don't use any features considering it only has fade/balance on it but i would like to have abit of eq'ing built into deck and some 4volt preouts. looking at upgrading to a flipout(looking to spend 5-700 on one) but wanted to wait atleast a few months to save for a nice one
in that case save up for the flipout and just use the remote in the mean time :D

mtdewelf
04-15-2006, 02:17 PM
in that case save up for the flipout and just use the remote in the mean time :D

:thmbup:

lifted95blaze
04-15-2006, 02:28 PM
anyone have problem with panasonic's volume knob(specifically cq3301) going out. should i just sell my amp and try to get a pioneer premier 860 or similiar or is it fixable. the remote volume still works just not the deck control.

why sell your amp if your volume knob went out on your head??? jm wit ya man

i'd upgrade to something newer personally but if you use your remote all the time then no worries