PDA

View Full Version : instapak foam

preacher
04-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Has anyone ever tried to use this stuff in car audio installation?

http://www.sealedair.com/products/protective/instapak/instapak.html

lilmaniac2
04-15-2006, 01:23 PM
no its very good at packing stuff tho

joeldirt
04-15-2006, 02:12 PM
We used that stuff at a machine shop in the shipping department. Stuff kicks ***. It has crossed my mind many many times in instances where it could come in handy in other places. I think Fiberglass resin would melt the foam when curing, so I do not know how effective it would be for a fiberglass mold. Maybe it would have good sound dampening charictoristics though if you could find a way to contain it well... like maybe behind door panels and under floor carpeting. (obviously you would have to make a mold with two sheets of MDF lined with plastic that has 1/4" gap evenly spaced between the sheets to out come a perfectly 1/4" flat sheet of the foam... then cut to shape desired, and contact cement down. It would mold over most curves I believe... wow that sounds like a mfba idea... of cours theory and actual aplication is a completely seperate animal It would be great for box builders shipping out their product. what idd you have in mind for it/ just curious.

preacher
04-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I was thinking of creating baffles behind qforms. You could then seal the edges with Silicone and stuff the inside with pollyfill and you've got a decent back with little trouble.