PDA

View Full Version : Bass in the highs

Caldur
04-15-2006, 02:14 AM
I spent most of the day uninstalling my head unit, wiring in the new one, running wires to the trunk, box building, etc. etc. EVERYTHING needed for putting in a new system, I did today (first time = trial and error baby, woot).

Head Unit- Clarion DXZ655MP
Amp- Hifonics TXi7506 (750 Watts @ 1 ohm)
Subs- 2 10" Rockford Fosgate Stage 3's (haha, they BARELY fit in the trunk of my Mustang, no way 12's would've)

The bass hits HARD, but, bass is coming through the normal speakers. SURELY there is a way to filter out the low frequencies from going to the highs. I can't turn up the volume too much or the regular speakers distort from getting to much bass.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.. I messed with the settings on the head unit for like half an hour and can't get the bass out of the speakers. I don't know what to do really. But it'll still hit HARD so I'm happy. :) My first system and I basically did everything. Wee

Thanks for any responses.

Caldur
04-15-2006, 02:29 AM
So... I'm not missing anything, there really isn't an easy way to get the bass out of the speakers? Arggles. I figured most head units would just have a way built in... Seems like common sense to me.

Eventually I will trade out the factory speakers in my car and get better ones... Not at the moment though.

Decipha
04-15-2006, 03:12 AM
for now it wouldn't hurt to throw some caps on them speakers... i must remind you the output will be alot lower, but you wouldn't have to worry about bass

<$5 at radioshack for all 4 caps

Caldur
04-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Pardon me as I am very new at this.

What kind of caps exactly are you talking about? Maybe a link to an example? I don't really care if it lowers the output of the speakers.. As long as it would sound cleaner.

Thanks!

ssj2xxgotenxx
04-15-2006, 06:08 AM
for now it wouldn't hurt to throw some caps on them speakers... i must remind you the output will be alot lower, but you wouldn't have to worry about bass

<$5 at radioshack for all 4 caps

Bassblockers/Filters?

SAG3
04-15-2006, 06:12 AM
get some bass blockers

Decipha
04-15-2006, 06:19 AM
what do you think bass blockers are?

capacitor (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102479&cp=&origkw=audio+capacitor&kw=audio+capacitor&parentPage=search)

Caldur
04-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Awesome, that's exactly what I need. I'm gonig to need 8 instead of 4 though, right? I have two fronts and two rear speakers... A positive and negative for each speaker... Unless I'm missing something again. >_>