PDA

View Full Version : why do Sony HU **** so bad?

XRS222
04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
well i have a Sony XPLOD hu, and about to upgrade. but i was just wondering why the **** so bad?

pd298
04-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Mine doesent. I like it.

Fosgate Forever
04-12-2006, 08:12 PM
mine does i hate it, i think a poor cambodian kid on meth made the one thats in my boat

bri487
04-12-2006, 08:15 PM
mine does i hate it, i think a poor cambodian kid on meth made the one thats in my boat

thats why i have an alpine in my boat. it was made by a underfed and neglected chinese boy that is too poor to afford meth.

PESteele
04-12-2006, 10:14 PM
cause its sony and their not supposed to make car audio equiptment

spitfirees20
04-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Because people say they do, and they can afford an eclipse/alpine/kenwood with compairable features so they must be right. In reality they don't.

Ricky616
04-12-2006, 10:18 PM
thats why i have an alpine in my boat. it was made by a underfed and neglected chinese boy that is too poor to afford meth.
lmao :hilariou: i didnt kno that

Memphis420
04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Sony xplod definately live up to their name,Cuz they Always EXPLODE!
may not be right away,or for long time..But Eventually they just cant Hax it.
Or they just quit reading CD's

MBrock4u
04-13-2006, 12:01 AM
People on here like to bash sony alot! Their speakers and other car stuff is valid around here for bashing, but their head units are another matter. I used to have a xplode model and it was preatty good. Keep in mind that in this fourm there are alot of people with great stuff and sony can't hold water to the high quality you find around here. BTW my Kenwood Excelon is much better than my old sony, but at the time I was happy with it....

MikeyB
04-13-2006, 12:04 AM
I have yet to see a Sony unit that interests me over anything else that I can find for the same amount of money. I would probably buy Sony products if they sold headunits for the $50 they a worth and a lifetime warranty.

azbass
04-13-2006, 12:05 AM
they dont?

Pyro_By_Nature
04-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Sony xplod definately live up to their name,Cuz they Always EXPLODE!
may not be right away,or for long time..But Eventually they just cant Hax it.
Or they just quit reading CD's

It's a piece of electronic equiptment.Whether you like it or not EVERY piece of electronic equiptment WILL fail.

Why? It's a bandwagon.70% of the people who bash are just hopping on, and have never really heard a "properly" set-up sony.

I will be using an old school sony CDX-C90 in my next install, and a lot of "boner brand" HU's are outdone by it.

se7ensoul
04-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Sony hu's don't **** they just aren't reliable. IMO

I had one after year all the buttom got screwed up doing different things (IE volume up would change the track) after that just got worst to the point it ejected cds when it wanted (eject button didnt work) . (it was a $400 Hu don't remember the model number) Cousin had one wouldn't read cds after a year and a half. plus i know so other people with bad experience with sony's (don't feel like typing a novel)

I dunno if Sony has done anything different since then. But i bought that HU about 2 years ago. However from my experience i'll probably never buy another sony hu.

kenstewart
04-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Had my CD-FX7715 and have since changed to an Eclipse since I heard they're so much better. I've owned, for over a year, Sony which most everyone here bashes (not one single problem, still looks good as new, and one heck of a head unit) and now own Eclipse that's supposedly so much better so I think I can give somewhat of a fair assessment. This Sony unit is very nice. Yes my Eclipse is nice and true it does have additional features, but in the end how does it perform ... this one did very well. So, to say that Sony ****** is totally wrong. Only reason I changed is my son is buying a car soon and really liked the stereo so "talked me into" changing my system :) and give him mine.

Eugenics
04-13-2006, 01:55 AM
the f7715x is a fantastic unit and cannot be beat for the price, period. ~150 dollars gets you a 24bit burrbrown dac, 3 4v preouts, great sound, great mp3 playback. pause, etc. etc.

kenstewart
04-13-2006, 01:57 AM
lol, yep that's the one ... i put the "x" in the wrong spot :)

Eugenics
04-13-2006, 02:23 AM
i knew what you were talking about

SHOtime
04-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Every Sony I have had either blew a channel or couldn't handle the slightest imperfection on any CD. My sister's Xplod tape deck blew a channel as well. I wish I could recall the model numbers but I can't, suffice to say I still will never buy a Sony ever again.

Sony Mobile ES however, I have heard was great stuff. But I never tried one.

TomBrooklyn
07-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I was going to buy a Sony CDX-GT400. Because of what has been written in this thread I have changed my mind. I was feeling a bit wary about buying a Sony anyway as I have found their home electronics to be a bit finicky and prone to breakage/failure.

OK, so now what should I buy that is comparable?

bri487
07-31-2006, 04:16 PM
^ this is so old. last time someone posted was my bday, like hella months ago. sony still *****, nothing has changed.

boogar420
07-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Because they make better HOME units than mobile audio.

Same as MTX.

bri487
07-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Because they make better HOME units than mobile audio.

Same as MTX.

there are tons of other units i would take over a sony.

Blunt
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I owned the 7705x and the m8805x and loved em both. over a year old and still work like brand new.

budahbuddy803
07-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Well on the old one I had if you lose the remote you can only control the volume anb track from the buttons on the faceplate

Prowler573
07-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Well on the old one I had if you lose the remote you can only control the volume anb track from the buttons on the faceplate
A friend of mine bought a Suburban that had a Sony HU in it....no clue what the model # was but it had NO buttons on the face and if you lost the remote you had no way at all of controlling anything.
It sounded like *** through stock Delco speakers in a '99 Burban and got yanked then sold.

Astyl
07-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Yet theres a guy that hit a 140+ off two sony xpload 12" Subs and 300 watts in a 4 cube ported box tuned to 30 hz

mtdewelf
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
^ this is so old. last time someone posted was my bday, like hella months ago. sony still *****, nothing has changed.
i might check out the FX deck mentioned earlier since i'll be looking for a deck in the next 4-6weeks :eyebrow: , **** waiting for checks.

BTW thanks for searchin ;)

mtdewelf
07-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Yet theres a guy that hit a 140+ off two sony xpload 12" Subs and 300 watts in a 4 cube ported box tuned to 30 hz
and probably sounded like poopoo listening to music

supraman1379
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
I had a SONY head unit and the reason it sucke so bad is because it could not handle the vibration in my truck.

Spud2388
07-31-2006, 09:38 PM
I think Sony is a prime example of "all show and no go". They have a lot of features in a low price range that other manufacturers only have in their high doller HU, but thats where it ends. The features are there, but they **** at what their supposed to do, compared to other HU's that cost more with the same features. The reason Sony is still around in the car audio world is because newbs go by the name "Sony", and not the actual manufacturing of the product. They think that since Sony makes everything in God's name, that they are great, but thats a good reason why they ****. Their R&D is too broad, and can't focus on one particular product, like Alpine, Pioneer, etc. I think if Sony buckled down, and really focused on making quality HU's, then they would probably make the other manufactures hurt, A LOT. They have enough resources to produce a well built, fully equipt HU, and could sell it at a fraction of the cost as ALpine, Pioneer, etc. I'd have to say, out off all the electronics I own, the only thing I think is built well by Sony and worth the money, is my cordless phone and my alarm clock. And how hard is it to screw those up?