PDA

View Full Version : How to break an alpine...?

popothemailman
04-11-2006, 08:01 PM
My warranty is almost up for my alpine 9815, i would like to mess it up so i can get a newer version through my warranty before it is up. How can i do this?

j3bus2k3
04-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Slam a 2x4 into it and say your buddy borrow your car to load some wood and got careless...

popothemailman
04-11-2006, 08:09 PM
would if i could... but i dont think the warranty people would understand...
basically just need it to **** up every time i turn it on

squeak9798
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
If it's just a standard Alpine warranty, then I would try to screw it up. Manufacturer/technicians aren't stupid, they can tell if something was done, intentionally, to the unit to make it malfunction. The warranty only covers manufacturing defects or defects in construction, not sheer stupidity.

j3bus2k3
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Any way to force it to overheat? Cover any breather holes? Put it under a heatlamp, lol

kotec123
04-11-2006, 08:17 PM
haha ur relentlesss

rocky 59
04-11-2006, 08:17 PM
cut a soldered piece to make it looked like it poped???

Savstyle
04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
plug it into a wall socket. :D

AVSTANG02
04-11-2006, 08:21 PM
popothemailman, You sir are a *******.

Cris
04-11-2006, 08:58 PM
You're an idiot. The 9815 is a better HU than anything currently being offered in alpine's lineup.. at least, in that pricerange.

popothemailman
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Well my buddy just opened it up and did some thing with a soldering iron, and now the buttons direct me to random *** things; the power button still turns it on however the next track selection for example turns on and off the mx. I called the company that issued the warranty(not the manufacturer) and they said that it seems like it is a malfuntion in the system, and i just have to take it into the place where i had it installed so that they can verify what im saying is true. I asked what model will be replacing it, they told me ill be recieving a 9857, looked it up and it is better than the 9815 because i can hook my ipod up to it without having to but one of those stupid machines, see ya fm transmitter.

Well AVSTANG02 it looks like you sir are the *******, if you need the fm transmitter you let me know now

Ricky616
04-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Well my buddy just opened it up and did some thing with a soldering iron, and now the buttons direct me to random *** things; the power button still turns it on however the next track selection for example turns on and off the mx. I called the company that issued the warranty(not the manufacturer) and they said that it seems like it is a malfuntion in the system, and i just have to take it into the place where i had it installed so that they can verify what im saying is true. I asked what model will be replacing it, they told me ill be recieving a 9857, looked it up and it is better than the 9815 because i can hook my ipod up to it without having to but one of those stupid machines, see ya fm transmitter.

Well AVSTANG02 it looks like you sir are the *******, if you need the fm transmitter you let me know now
thats good :D

j3bus2k3
04-11-2006, 09:23 PM
When did you buy the unit? What kind of warranty did you have to be able to get a $400 unit for a busted piece?

Rockguy475
04-11-2006, 09:25 PM
why dont you just fry the **** thing... throw it in ur bathtub or get it wet somehow... just be careful nexttime u turn it on

zachzchw
04-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Youd be amazed how many people are on this forum......
Maybe one of them will give a heads up to the shop youre taking it to.

Tool.

zachzchw
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Edit- double post.

thai_creeper
04-11-2006, 11:28 PM

i dont know man, id rather have a 9815 then a 9857, most people will tell u the 06 lineup is ****, think u ****ed up with that one

ruger
04-11-2006, 11:37 PM
you could have sold it to a freind.
plus most of the new models are 2v preout :crap: .

SuperBlack350z
04-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Wow . . . the 9815 was before I started to learn about Alpine, so I just looked up the specs on it. That's a hell of a deck. Makes the 9857 look like a Rampage. Pretty stupid move frying it like that, hopefully you're happy with your new but far from improved 9857.

slain93gsr
04-12-2006, 01:38 AM
where is darwin when you need him......

xOld Schoolx
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
bad move. New units are made in china and **** a$$. Bought a DVA-9860 and it crapped out in a week

crazymack
04-12-2006, 06:33 PM
popothemailman, You sir are a *******.

i agree

Fosgate Forever
04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
wow way to go *******, maybe i should do the same to my 7998 :rolleyes:

popothemailman
04-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Well i went to the installer dude and he didnt even take the deck from me. He just asked me if I wanted him to install the new unit, i said no so he asked for my address so the new unit can be shipped. I just gave the 9815 back to my buddy and he said he will have it back to normal no prob. Guess it pays to go to college in heart of the silicon valley. Thanks for the heads up about the 9815 being better, i guess i just go cought up in the hole ipod connection and HD radio. But **** i just scored a brand new deck that ill probably sell for another amp.

popothemailman
04-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Forgot to ask.. what is the addon for the 9815 that allows for a direct connection to the ipod. I hate using the radio, quality ***** compared to cd's. Is there any way to hook it up to the aux?

aadadams
04-13-2006, 12:53 AM
KCA-420i ($80) for digital or aux in with a cable ($15) from ebay for analog input.

chadillac3
04-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Youd be amazed how many people are on this forum......
Maybe one of them will give a heads up to the shop youre taking it to.

Tool.

I sure wish someone would...it's pure and simple fraud.

mtdewelf
04-13-2006, 11:18 AM
nice SCAM for a new h/u lol, scamming isn't the best thing to ask about on this forum as scammers=target practice

heyman421
04-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Get a $14 grill igniter, the kind you use for a potato gun.

Trust me, electronics, especially ones with their own power supplies, don't appreciate 90,000 volts of static electricty. Wont leave a trace, either.

And water wont do anything, electronics are suprisingly immune to being wet, unless they're on, or have a lot of capacitance.

khail19
04-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Guess it pays to go to college in heart of the silicon valley.

Guess you didn't take any ethics classes there. People like you are why honest people have to pay more money for everything. Tool. :rolleyes:

MegaHurtz
04-13-2006, 01:58 PM
I wish I had the chance to punch you in the throat, I hate pieces of **** like you that take advantage of the system. Not only that, you're too ****ing stupid to realize that you just downgraded your deck. People like you give car audio a bad name, please kill yourself.

popothemailman
04-14-2006, 02:21 AM
I really care about taking a $400 machine from a multi million if not billion dollar company that probably makes the unit for my estimate $60. I have taken ethics classes and a lot of them, I happen to be a philosophy major and have just been accepted to law school in SF, so ill be leaving SJSU soon and if Megahurtz wants to come down and visit thatís cool except the only throat touching will be by **** deep throating that ****** *** *****. Then and only then will I let him explain to me how I give "car audio" a bad name, no itís not the people who bump their system in residential streets at 1 in the morning itís me jacking pocket change. You would if you could, I just got the most out of my warranty.

For those who care the 9815 is 100% and installed in my car; the new unit is on its way, and I sold it already for $350. I do admit it was a foolish move to try to replace the 9815 but I just would have never guessed that the specs of a newer model would be worse; i just saw the ipot connection and HD radio... Thanks for the heads up guys.

About the aux cable, will it be the same quality as the kca-420i, I donít care much for the HU unit controlling the ipod just the quality of the music, then again either one is better than the FM transmitter im assuming.

Fosgate Forever
04-14-2006, 03:31 AM
I really care about taking a $400 machine from a multi million if not billion dollar company that probably makes the unit for my estimate $60. I have taken ethics classes and a lot of them, I happen to be a philosophy major and have just been accepted to law school in SF, so ill be leaving SJSU soon and if Megahurtz wants to come down and visit thatís cool except the only throat touching will be by **** deep throating that ****** *** *****. Then and only then will I let him explain to me how I give "car audio" a bad name, no itís not the people who bump their system in residential streets at 1 in the morning itís me jacking pocket change. You would if you could, I just got the most out of my warranty.

For those who care the 9815 is 100% and installed in my car; the new unit is on its way, and I sold it already for $350. I do admit it was a foolish move to try to replace the 9815 but I just would have never guessed that the specs of a newer model would be worse; i just saw the ipot connection and HD radio... Thanks for the heads up guys.

About the aux cable, will it be the same quality as the kca-420i, I donít care much for the HU unit controlling the ipod just the quality of the music, then again either one is better than the FM transmitter im assuming.yeah no one cares scammer, your scum, i hope your head comes into my crosshairs

Savstyle
04-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I really care about taking a $400 machine from a multi million if not billion dollar company that probably makes the unit for my estimate $60. I have taken ethics classes and a lot of them, I happen to be a philosophy major and have just been accepted to law school in SF, so ill be leaving SJSU soon and if Megahurtz wants to come down and visit that’s cool except the only throat touching will be by **** deep throating that ****** *** *****. Then and only then will I let him explain to me how I give "car audio" a bad name, no it’s not the people who bump their system in residential streets at 1 in the morning it’s me jacking pocket change. You would if you could, I just got the most out of my warranty.

About the aux cable, will it be the same quality as the kca-420i, I don’t care much for the HU unit controlling the ipod just the quality of the music, then again either one is better than the FM transmitter im assuming.
Its jsut for the quality of music? and your using an ipod?

That makes no sence at all. and i hope your car gets broken into and some one steals all of your ****. ****head

Phrozt
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi guys, I'm a cheap little ***** and need more money for crack. Is there anyway that I can scam a reputable company, contributing to the cause of their prices going up due to replacing fraudulent claims?

I hope you get herpes the next time you **** your mom.

popothemailman
04-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I did not know there were so much haters, why don’t you guys go create a thread called: **** I wish I would have thought of a way to get 350 in my pocket; I think some people are jealous. For you teeny boppers trying to give me a lecture on my actions raising prices, why don’t you dumb asses go look up the companies marginal and variable costs and figure out their profit margin, you will all be surprised as to the amount of money they are able to rack up from a ridiculous profit margin. By the way can you really blame me for finding loop holes in a poorly written warranty contract? The company would not raise their prices because,
1. The demand for Alpine Hu's will go down. 2. Alpine will be left with a surplus of supply 3. To make up for their losses they will make less in order to sell at equilibrium, creating a rarity of their product. 4. A masterminded company like Sony will either buy them, or run them out of business.
So what should this company do? Simply hire lawyers who are actual experienced and not complete morons to create another warranty contract that serves both the consumer and the company to the highest extent. Finally, can you really blame me for simply finding a loop hole? there are plenty of companies that put rock solid contracts, I just simply find a way and believe me those contracts and conditions have most likely changed already but since I signed in 03 and the contract does not state that I have to abide by changes in future contracts (yes this is how poorly written it was in 03) they simply don’t apply to me.

I hope this answers most haters, and if you were not able to comprehend I basically said, Alpine will not raise their prices, warranty issues and loop holes such as the one I have found has been "fixed."

Now back to my ipod question, I guess ill probably go for the aux because I prefer to use the ipod vs. the HU.

Thanks for those who have helped in this thread your suggestions have been greatly appreciated. As for all you haters I have forgive you, it’s not your fault you guys are uneducated, however, you are all welcome to join Megahurtz.

Fosgate Forever
04-14-2006, 03:44 PM
so you feel since this company works hard for there money with desgine and development manufacoters, shipping etc etc etc, yuou feel its ok to take money from them you are a a dickhea, just because someone makes alot of money is by no means a reason to feel good about taking it from them, and you may say alpine wont reais there prices but your forgetting the fact most people dont pay for quaility of the HU they pay for the name of alpine, they buy it simply to say i have a alpine unit in my car alpine could raise there prices are people are still going to buy it, hence with best buy they sell there alpine and fosgate stuff at much higher then what they sell online and people yet still go into the store and buy it even though they could proably get it cheaper, WOW what a thought.

Phrozt
04-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I didn't know being a thief was called "finding a loophole" now.

If you ever cry because someone broke into your car and stole your ****, I'll be the first to point out that he just found a "loophole" into your system.

Primo
04-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I really care about taking a $400 machine from a multi million if not billion dollar company that probably makes the unit for my estimate $60. I have taken ethics classes and a lot of them, I happen to be a philosophy major and have just been accepted to law school in SF, so ill be leaving SJSU soon and if Megahurtz wants to come down and visit that’s cool except the only throat touching will be by **** deep throating that ****** *** *****. Then and only then will I let him explain to me how I give "car audio" a bad name, no it’s not the people who bump their system in residential streets at 1 in the morning it’s me jacking pocket change. You would if you could, I just got the most out of my warranty.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Slaugh
04-15-2006, 09:58 AM
gg destroying such lovely hu like alpine 9815 :rolleyes:

im getting rid of mine with pain in my heart :(

Ignatowski
04-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I have alerted Alpine to your immature actions
and will no longer warrenty any 9815's incoming from SanJose CA

NO SOUP FOR YOU........

Digital B
04-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I didn't know being a thief was called "finding a loophole" now.

If you ever cry because someone broke into your car and stole your ****, I'll be the first to point out that he just found a "loophole" into your system.

Priceless..

lifted95blaze
04-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I have alerted Alpine to your immature actions
and will no longer warrenty any 9815's incoming from SanJose CA

NO SOUP FOR YOU........

i think you might have been a lil too late bro, but i hope not :up2somet:

BLD 25
04-15-2006, 06:18 PM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"eh....a simple wrong would be fine but......." :) Love the billy madison quote!!

popothemailman
04-15-2006, 10:17 PM
APRIL FOOLS DUECSH BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya ya... I know its mid April, but I was in Mexico for spring break so I missed it.

lol I had a lot of you guys riled up. First off, I would be stupid to get rid of the 9815, second what kind of warranty service just replaces an old item with its top of the line model and lets you keep the defected one? Then to top it all off I said some bullshit about economics, now the law school thing is true, meaning I donít know **** about economics, basically I threw out some **** thatís' probably wrong that I remembered from my first semester. I was waiting for someone with even some know abouts of the subject to just rape that post, Primo did in a way.

My engineering roommate did however open up the 9815 and made it a bit faster... piece of **** did it when I was in class, or else of course I would have kicked his *** for touching it, but its pretty bad *** to see it turn on now and go to the preset angle in less that a second.

The questions about the ipod is true though I am trying to get rid of the fm transmitter and recently bought hardcore wiring for the aux, because I would prefer to access my files through the ipod vs the HU.

April fools, to all of you with the hate posts, and all of the people who read the post and got pissed off.

Just to clarify I do agree that the company works hard for their money as all businesses do, people should not **** over the system because it does hurt all of us in the end. We may not see it on the price tag but it might show on the quality of the item.

zachzchw
04-15-2006, 10:26 PM

Ya ya... I know its mid April, but I was in Mexico for spring break so I missed it.

lol I had a lot of you guys riled up. First off, I would be stupid to get rid of the 9815, second what kind of warranty service just replaces an old item with its top of the line model and lets you keep the defected one? Then to top it all off I said some bullshit about economics, now the law school thing is true, meaning I donít know **** about economics, basically I threw out some **** thatís' probably wrong that I remembered from my first semester. I was waiting for someone with even some know abouts of the subject to just rape that post, Primo did in a way.

My engineering roommate did however open up the 9815 and made it a bit faster... piece of **** did it when I was in class, or else of course I would have kicked his *** for touching it, but its pretty bad *** to see it turn on now and go to the preset angle in less that a second.

The questions about the ipod is true though I am trying to get rid of the fm transmitter and recently bought hardcore wiring for the aux, because I would prefer to access my files through the ipod vs the HU.

April fools, to all of you with the hate posts, and all of the people who read the post and got pissed off.

Just to clarify I do agree that the company works hard for their money as all businesses do, people should not **** over the system because it does hurt all of us in the end. We may not see it on the price tag but it might show on the quality of the item.

Right......I think you were just tired of getting PWNED by everyone......so you tried this lame attempt at saving your few remaining shreds of dignity.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nourkah
04-15-2006, 10:26 PM
how would living in silicon valley have made doing what you said your friend did any easier? because people there are smarter?

any retard with a hot metal stick can heat up an area of soldier and make the connection bad or something.

popothemailman
04-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Well your right, any ******* can use a soldering iron but i takes a good one to not leave a trace. and i say the silicon valley because to live in a shack will cost you at least 750,000 and a two story house surpasses 1Million. Why i bring this up is becasue only engineers, doctors, and businessmen can afford to live in the south bay.

And i am in no way trying to cover up my tracks but if you want to believe that its totally up to you.

Fosgate Forever
04-16-2006, 01:43 AM

Just to clarify I do agree that the company works hard for their money as all businesses do, people should not **** over the system because it does hurt all of us in the end. We may not see it on the price tag but it might show on the quality of the item.alright buddy what ever you say

Slaugh
04-16-2006, 03:28 AM
vid of it swingfacing now and all the **** it does better than before...

edit: im sure it won't last long enough this way, but whatever floats your boat

nourkah
04-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Well your right, any ******* can use a soldering iron but i takes a good one to not leave a trace. and i say the silicon valley because to live in a shack will cost you at least 750,000 and a two story house surpasses 1Million. Why i bring this up is becasue only engineers, doctors, and businessmen can afford to live in the south bay.

And i am in no way trying to cover up my tracks but if you want to believe that its totally up to you.

Again the silicon valley thing seems to have no validity here...

Are you saying that only rich people would know how to mess up the HU? I would actually assume that since you live their you would be able to buy a new one pretty easily.

Or do you mean living around smart people made it easier to find someone to do that to the HU? I'm sure there are plenty of doctors and businessmen who wouldn't know how to do it.

So basically you live in Silicon Valley but don't have the money to buy a new unit and you aren't smart enough to mess up the unit on your own.

How does it feel to be inferior to everyone that lives around you?

zachzchw
04-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Again the silicon valley thing seems to have no validity here...

Are you saying that only rich people would know how to mess up the HU? I would actually assume that since you live their you would be able to buy a new one pretty easily.

Or do you mean living around smart people made it easier to find someone to do that to the HU? I'm sure there are plenty of doctors and businessmen who wouldn't know how to do it.

So basically you live in Silicon Valley but don't have the money to buy a new unit and you aren't smart enough to mess up the unit on your own.

How does it feel to be inferior to everyone that lives around you?

Super PWNED!

popothemailman
04-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I will accept the fact that I am not as smart as everyone around me in terms of computer knowledge (in which I implied before), the average person here can make their own comp, and actually the comp stores here sell more comp parts and cases than computers themselves, that being said is true, half the people here work for companies like Intel, adobe, Symantec, network associates, Cisco, NVIDIA, and the list goes on and on... However, I was just accepted to law school, and was an early admit, meaning Iím a ****ing genius, so I know there are a lot of hate going towards me and everyone would like nothing more than to find a quote, stir it around and try to "pwne" me. bottom line is I got all you ****ers hands down with this prank, got you so riled up that when you found out it was a prank you guys flipped out even more, some of you even refusing to believe it.

And your right, if could afford to live off campus then I probably could afford to buy what ever the **** I wanted for my car, but I donít, I live in the dorms where it is cheap for students.

So before you start to overanalyze this post as well, just note this: If you are still riled up about the prank or believe it is not a prank, you my friend are a gullible little *****.

Fosgate Forever
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I will accept the fact that I am not as smart as everyone around me in terms of computer knowledge (in which I implied before), the average person here can make their own comp, and actually the comp stores here sell more comp parts and cases than computers themselves, that being said is true, half the people here work for companies like Intel, adobe, Symantec, network associates, Cisco, NVIDIA, and the list goes on and on... However, I was just accepted to law school, and was an early admit, meaning Iím a ****ing genius, so I know there are a lot of hate going towards me and everyone would like nothing more than to find a quote, stir it around and try to "pwne" me. bottom line is I got all you ****ers hands down with this prank, got you so riled up that when you found out it was a prank you guys flipped out even more, some of you even refusing to believe it.

And your right, if could afford to live off campus then I probably could afford to buy what ever the **** I wanted for my car, but I donít, I live in the dorms where it is cheap for students.

So before you start to overanalyze this post as well, just note this: If you are still riled up about the prank or believe it is not a prank, you my friend are a gullible little *****.thats how most comp stores anywhere are *******.

Fosgate Forever
04-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I will accept the fact that I am not as smart as everyone around me in terms of computer knowledge (in which I implied before), the average person here can make their own comp, and actually the comp stores here sell more comp parts and cases than computers themselves, that being said is true, half the people here work for companies like Intel, adobe, Symantec, network associates, Cisco, NVIDIA, and the list goes on and on... However, I was just accepted to law school, and was an early admit, meaning I’m a ****ing genius, so I know there are a lot of hate going towards me and everyone would like nothing more than to find a quote, stir it around and try to "pwne" me. bottom line is I got all you ****ers hands down with this prank, got you so riled up that when you found out it was a prank you guys flipped out even more, some of you even refusing to believe it.

And your right, if could afford to live off campus then I probably could afford to buy what ever the **** I wanted for my car, but I don’t, I live in the dorms where it is cheap for students.

So before you start to overanalyze this post as well, just note this: If you are still riled up about the prank or believe it is not a prank, you my friend are a gullible little *****.well think of this asswad, sensei said to me once knowledge is in modesty, skill is in training, bragging brings about nothing, so in other words if you need to brag,you have no confidence that you are a "genius", meaning you are not.

nourkah
04-16-2006, 07:43 PM

So before you start to overanalyze this post as well, just note this: If you are still riled up about the prank or believe it is not a prank, you my friend are a gullible little *****.

Okay you self-proclaimed "****ing genius" lets think this through logically.

A. What does computer knowledge have to do with the Alpine HU that was the cause of this thread in the first place? They are two completely different things. This is similar to the "I live in Silicon Valley so it was easy for me to find someone to break my HU" thing. It has nothing to do with the post.

B. Since when is putting together a computer difficult? They are like a puzzle for a retarted kid. Each individual piece has an obvious spot that it plugs into. Most people are just too lazy to pull it apart and look at it, but I'm sure most people can handle that feat.

C. Direct quote from the above statement: "...I know there are a lot of hate going towards me..." The funny thing is that gramatically incorrect statement came a comma and a two letter word after you called yourself a "****ing genius." Genius my ***.

Lets do some simple math now.

A+B+C = You're a moron.

You should probably study a little more instead of wasting your time with "pranks" because if you become a lawyer and tell a judge that: "I are knowing that my client is not guilty," he will probably pee in your coffee and pour it over your head.

P.S. I'm not riled up. I just think you're a moron and decided that I needed to prove it to everyone else.

:douche:

FrEnChYII
04-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Yay for dumb people!

SofireGuy
04-16-2006, 07:47 PM

lol I had a lot of you guys riled up. First off, I would be stupid to get rid of the 9815, second what kind of warranty service just replaces an old item with its top of the line model and lets you keep the defected one? Then to top it all off I said some bullshit about economics, now the law school thing is true, meaning I don’t know **** about economics, basically I threw out some **** that’s' probably wrong that I remembered from my first semester. I was waiting for someone with even some know abouts of the subject to just rape that post, Primo did in a way.

1st Bold
Well.... first off as you said.. its mid April... a little late for the April fools jokes...

2nd Bold
second off.. how can you make a H/U faster by taking a soldering iron to it???... you'd be better off feeding it speed in the CD loader...

3rd Bold
uhhh now you realized that everyone has the upper hand on the point your a scumbag ;) ....

your profile says your 18... so you cant have much college unless your lying about your age (pretty immature for an adult I'd say).... but i would say that you were mad because mommy and daddy wouldn't buy you a new H/U so you just got lucky that when you went to the installers that they let you keep the 9815....

They should have taken your 9815 out and sent it to the manufactuerer so that they could all laugh that they just sent you crappier H/U than what you had, while they were simply soldering back on the wire and then selling me a great H/U Refurbished!!! :naughty: LMAO Dang too bad that didn't happen!!! HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!

lightspeed
04-16-2006, 07:56 PM
never argue with an idiot...they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

MadAudio
04-16-2006, 10:56 PM
ok im no saint but..... thats just f***** up

guys like you are the reason why alot of companies hassle normal consumers with actual legit warranty issues because they are getting sick and tired of bieng scammed by people like you.
the biggest problem with scammers like you is you never see the bigger picture .
regardless of what u think it costs there is more involved than u are thinking .
for instance the guy who you bought it from what do you think would happen to his/her shop between him and his distributor if all of a sudden a bunch of radios start going bad for no apparent reason?
they might stop selling him that brand or they might cancel his account ( doubful but could happen) in either case now he will have less customers make less money be able to employ less people someone losses their job .now the poor folks who work in the shipping industry have slightly less product to load that means less people needed to do the job people get fired or laid off, or like i mentioned before they get way strict with how they handle warranty repairs items have to be shipped to them before they replace leaving customers to wait for legit repairs/replacement .
all for what so you can get a free radio? grow up........

Caldur
04-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Does this idiot seriously think that we would believe him when he said "omg omfg guys april fools got j00 good har har"?

Hahahahah. That's just too good.

Hey douche, nobody believes you.

Phrozt
04-17-2006, 04:19 PM
B. Since when is putting together a computer difficult? They are like a puzzle for a retarted kid. Each individual piece has an obvious spot that it plugs into. Most people are just too lazy to pull it apart and look at it, but I'm sure most people can handle that feat.

A few good points.. but the above is wrroooooooooonnnnnngggggg.

A computer is not just a "puzzle" in which everything has an obvious slot that things "plug into." That's literally like saying that a car audio system is a puzzle for retards that has slots for everything to plug into.

I'd like to see you "plug" a PCIX card into an agp/pci slot.

Not trying to get on your case, just pointing out one thing :)

forbidden
04-17-2006, 05:05 PM
And you want to get into law school.....wonder what they would think if they saw this thread.....

April Fools day is over at noon on the first, not starting on the 11th. you moron. Megahurtz and I need to take a roadtrip for a well deserved throat punch session. You are a waste of space yet surprisingly you are a credit to your inbreeding family. They must breed them pretty stupid down there...

thai_creeper
04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
haha wow, i wasnt thinkin much when u messed up a 9815, and even wen u were tryina scam alpine, but each post just gets dumber and dumber. u lost me with the april fools thing and it all went downhill from there. only rich people live in the south bay? haha how stupid are u, go to east side san jose and tell me its all rich folks over there. u dont even have to live or be from san jose to know its not all rich people, anytime you're talkin about a big city theres always a richer and poorer side. with most of your comments, i laugh wen u say you got into law school

Railrocker
04-17-2006, 05:54 PM
This guys reputation as anything (genius, honest, loaded, ect.) is gone forever now. The kids 18 hes not loaded his parents are and Im sure hes paying for his own law degree too. Wait till his parents cut him off and hes working as a janitor at the law firm he was hoping to practice at. Then he'll start a post (how do I break this mop so I can scam the company out of a new one):crazy:

j3bus2k3
04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Has anyone contacted alpine about this? I saw someone did but about a warranty problem...woo. Have this d-bags stuff repo'd by alpine...

nourkah
04-17-2006, 09:13 PM
A few good points.. but the above is wrroooooooooonnnnnngggggg.

A computer is not just a "puzzle" in which everything has an obvious slot that things "plug into." That's literally like saying that a car audio system is a puzzle for retards that has slots for everything to plug into.

I'd like to see you "plug" a PCIX card into an agp/pci slot.

Not trying to get on your case, just pointing out one thing :)

This makes no sense at all. I feel bad for you.

Yes actually each piece does have a very obvious place that it plugs into.

Please pay attention. Do you know why I couldn't stick a PCIX card into an agp/pci slot? That's right sunshine because it's way to **** long. OBVIOUSLY way to long. So that retarted kid that I was talking about earlier would know that the card isn't going to fit into the slot that is 2" too short...

It's not hard man please say these things out loud to yourself before you put them on here so you don't sound like a moron. It would take less than ten seconds.

Also how is this possibly comparable to installing a car stereo? There is nothing even close to the difficulty and pain-in-the-assity of running cables, or removing a door panel or dash? Unless putting the 7 screws into a motherboard to hold it into the tower is really difficult for you.

You want to compare these two? Put an uninstalled HU, some rca's and an amplifier in front of a 4 year old kid on the floor. I bet he can figure out how to hook those three together, and even then it's more complicated because he wouldn't know what channel to plug the rca's into on the HU...

There is one video slot on most computers so you can't mess that up. Plugging in a PCI card? Stick it in any of the slots that it clearly would fit into; no thinking because you can put it into any one you want. RAM? It's the really thin long piece that goes into the thin long slot.

I fail to see where I'm wrong.

SofireGuy
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
^^^

Thats funny... and arguement upon an arguement... I do agree... I've actually seen people buy a motherboard that didn't fit the CPU ... and another for the Memory... lol I wouldn't exactlly say retarded... just a simple research mistake... we're human... not perfect :p:

nourkah
04-18-2006, 12:14 AM
haha. speak for yourself.

Fosgate Forever
04-18-2006, 12:18 AM
ah i remember when scsi and MSDOS were around those computers could be a ***** to put togethor with coding and what not now they've made comps so that just about anyone can do it

Phrozt
04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
This makes no sense at all. I feel bad for you.

Yes actually each piece does have a very obvious place that it plugs into.

Please pay attention. Do you know why I couldn't stick a PCIX card into an agp/pci slot? That's right sunshine because it's way to **** long. OBVIOUSLY way to long. So that retarted kid that I was talking about earlier would know that the card isn't going to fit into the slot that is 2" too short...

It's not hard man please say these things out loud to yourself before you put them on here so you don't sound like a moron. It would take less than ten seconds.

Also how is this possibly comparable to installing a car stereo? There is nothing even close to the difficulty and pain-in-the-assity of running cables, or removing a door panel or dash? Unless putting the 7 screws into a motherboard to hold it into the tower is really difficult for you.

You want to compare these two? Put an uninstalled HU, some rca's and an amplifier in front of a 4 year old kid on the floor. I bet he can figure out how to hook those three together, and even then it's more complicated because he wouldn't know what channel to plug the rca's into on the HU...

There is one video slot on most computers so you can't mess that up. Plugging in a PCI card? Stick it in any of the slots that it clearly would fit into; no thinking because you can put it into any one you want. RAM? It's the really thin long piece that goes into the thin long slot.

I fail to see where I'm wrong.

memory sticks

DIMMS are all the same size, but not the same speed. You have to get memory that runs at a speed acceptable by your mother board. Not to mention, running it in dual mode isn't difficult, but it's not just sticking it in whatever slot you want. You have 2 512s, 2 256 sticks, you need to stagger them.

Seriously tho, you couldn't take some retard off the street, say "go to newegg.com and buy whatever you want" and expect that he'll get parts that will all "fit together." When you say "put a computer together" I'm thinking of putting it together from the beginning. As in, buying all of the parts that will be compatible w/each other and getting everything to work. Computers USED to be a lot more "plugin" friendly.. but now that there's all sorts of front side bus speeds, it's slightly more intensive than it was before.

But hey.. what do I know about computers.. I've only been dealing w/them for 12 years, built 3, and graduated from college w/a comp sci degree, and had numerous people come to me w/problems because they couldn't just "plug things in."

EDIT: you also need to factor in a power supply based on your load.

I've corrected so many problems because people got an upgrade, just plugged somehting in, and then hosed their system becaue they didn't have the power to run it.

Imagine hooking up 2 06 XXXs w/out an HO alt or extra bat.

Phrozt
04-18-2006, 09:18 AM
You know what I like about this thread??

The pure.. delicious.. hate :evil::pissed::evil:

missionpilot
04-18-2006, 09:36 AM
As for all you haters I have forgive you, it’s not your fault you guys are uneducated...
I'm glad that you are educated enough to have forgive us.

James Bang
04-18-2006, 01:04 PM
ahhah omfg.. I have a song from Living Legends that uses that same phrase... i think its from a movie but i don't know which.

Phrozt
04-18-2006, 01:20 PM

Billy Madison....

Thetalkingshoe
04-19-2006, 11:32 PM
lol @ thinking a 9857 is better then a 9815