PDA

View Full Version : Noisy RCA's??

BLD 25
04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey, i have a pioneer 7600mp, which is supposed to be a really nice unit. Every amp i plug in seems to have noise(light whinning) coming through the speakers. My wife's 6500 seems to be the same thing. Did i set anything up wrong? I have done many installs. Is there any way to fix it? I have a special ground loop isolator on the front amp, but when i turn my indiglo lights on especially, it is very loud. I have monster rca cables on the front amp, which is a ppi sedona.

Thanks!

Black_Jesus
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM
probably pioneers infamous ground trace problems

trash it :)

Prowler573
04-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Have you ever removed or swapped around the RCA cables from either the back of the head units or from the amps they carried signal to while the deck(s) was (were) powered on?

If so I'll have to agree with Black Jesus and say it most certainly sounds like a case of Pioneer's unfortunate ground trace issue :(

BLD 25
04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
any way to fix it?

pwnt by pat
04-11-2006, 02:20 PM
It'll cost over $100 and authorized repair centers do it.

Black_Jesus
04-11-2006, 03:23 PM
any way to fix it?a trash can + a brand new alpine 9835 to install in your car

BLD 25
04-11-2006, 04:17 PM
a trash can + a brand new alpine 9835 to install in your car

Great! Also, you can donate the money to me so i can buy it! Any real help?

loserpunk
04-11-2006, 07:13 PM
i think it cost me 90 bucks or so to do it to my 860 at an authorized repair center

BLD 25
04-11-2006, 11:08 PM
dang.

adam71
04-12-2006, 08:00 AM
a trash can + a brand new alpine 9835 to install in your car

:rolleyes: IDIOT.

To the thread starter: before you go buying a new deck or paying to get it serviced you may want to check the following.

- are you running the rca's along with the power wire??
- do you have a good ground?
- do you have decent rca's?? while its true you can overpay for over glorified cables it is also true that you can pay too little for complete pieces of shyt cables which don't have ANY shielding on them at all.

Any of these 3 things can introduce noise into your system.

FoxPro5
04-12-2006, 10:03 AM
^^^ the above list continued...
- where is the HU grounded?
- do you have a ground wire kit or at least the Big 3?
- are the amps themselves sitting on bare metal?
- did you sand down to bare metal on your amp ground??

dkguitarist
04-12-2006, 10:06 AM
also, i think you can ground the rcas to the deck with a piece of wire from the rcas iirc.

loserpunk
04-12-2006, 01:00 PM
also, i think you can ground the rcas to the deck with a piece of wire from the rcas iirc.

yea it works, but it's pretty ghetto rigged.....if you want it fixed right pay the cash...

BLD 25
04-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks to you guys who are making good suggestions. How exactly do i ground the RCA's? I don't mind a little ghetto-ness, since no one actually sees it. I do have good RCA cables(monster).

takeabao
04-12-2006, 08:45 PM

Any of these 3 things can introduce noise into your system.

FYI, it doesn't make a difference.

Rodzilla
04-12-2006, 08:46 PM
It's the pioneer. I've had 5 different cd players in my truck and never had noise until the pioneer.

adam71
04-13-2006, 08:51 AM
FYI, it doesn't make a difference.

Don't know who told you that but running your rca cables alongside your power can indeed put noise into your system. Thats why it is always a good rule of thumb to run them on opposite sides.

Black_Jesus
04-13-2006, 02:41 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: crybaby

:rolleyes: IDIOT.

To the thread starter: before you go buying a new deck or paying to get it serviced you may want to check the following.

- do you have a good ground?
- do you have decent rca's?? while its true you can overpay for over glorified cables it is also true that you can pay too little for complete pieces of shyt cables which don't have ANY shielding on them at all.

Any of these 3 things can introduce noise into your system.atleast im a idiot without any noise ;)

BLD 25
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: crybaby

atleast im a idiot without any noise ;)

congrats! He was just trying to provide some real help instead of telling me i should throw away a good unit.

maylar
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Get yourself some RCA plugs & jacks from Radio Shack and make up some very short (1 inch long) M-F inline adapters. Cover them with heatshrink so it's not ghetto. Run a wire to all the ground sides of the little adapters and run that wire to the firewall. Put them in series with your RCA cables right at the HU. That'll cure the Pioneer whine.

Black_Jesus
04-13-2006, 04:31 PM
good units dont have ground problems that pioneer brushes off...

this thread shouldnt have been made in the first place, use the search button its been covered many a time before as this is a common pioneer problem

squeak9798
04-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Don't know who told you that but running your rca cables alongside your power can indeed put noise into your system.

No it doesn't. Takeabao is correct. Myth.

Infact, RC used to have a thing where he'd pay you $1k if you could make a power wire induce audible noise into an RCA.

Thats why it is always a good rule of thumb to run them on opposite sides.

Completely unnecessary.

lifted95blaze
04-13-2006, 11:32 PM

Infact, RC used to have a thing where he'd pay you $1k if you could make a power wire induce audible noise into an RCA.

Completely unnecessary.

well hell tell em to come to n.c. and i'll show em and get my $1k....... in the back of my car i got my amp mounted to the back of the seat, when i first installed it the power wire ran right beside my rca's in the back close to the amp but under the carpet the rca's are in the middle and the power wire on the side...... i had motor whine when my seats were down but when they were up it stopped so i pulled the piece back that the amp was mounted on and when i move my power wire close to the rca's the whine starts... move it away and it stops so i know for a fact that its not a myth, if yall want to i can prob get a vid. up of this in the next couple of days when my digi cam comes and show ya

DBfan187
04-13-2006, 11:35 PM
I think RC is llives in NC. While you're @ it, take his amp test too.

Ask him himself in his forum. http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=1

DBfan187
04-13-2006, 11:37 PM
btw, it's a MYTH.;)

adam71
04-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Myth my ***, you guys need to stay off the crack.;)

adam71
04-14-2006, 07:33 AM

NO its not.

Completely unnecessary.

NO, its not.

I could also care less about the challenge some guy is offering. While I agree it won't always cause noise I do not and will not agree that its a myth. I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better. Disagree all you'd like but you will NOT convince me different. End of discussion on that.

adam71
04-14-2006, 07:34 AM
this thread shouldnt have been made in the first place, use the search button its been covered many a time before as this is a common pioneer problem

No one said you had to respond to it.

squeak9798
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
NO its not.

Yes, yes it is.

NO, its not.

Yes, yes it is.

I could also care less about the challenge some guy is offering.

You mean some guy who happens to set up the experiment in a scientific manor, so that the results are guaranteed to be a result of the variable in question. And that same some guy happens to be one of the pioneers of the industry, and one of the more respected sources for technical information on car audio. And who has likewise published tens, if not hundreds, of technical articles relating to the field of audio.

While I agree it won't always cause noise I do not and will not agree that its a myth. I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better. Disagree all you'd like but you will NOT convince me different. End of discussion on that.

Prove you know, with 100% certainty, that it was the power wire. How did you eliminate every other possible variable? Please, share. Not just "well, I moved my power wire and the noise went away". That don't fly.

adam71
04-14-2006, 03:42 PM
You mean some guy who happens to set up the experiment in a scientific manor, so that the results are guaranteed to be a result of the variable in question. And that same some guy happens to be one of the pioneers of the industry, and one of the more respected sources for technical information on car audio. And who has likewise published tens, if not hundreds, of technical articles relating to the field of audio.

Yes, that guy. Guess what, I still don't care.

Prove you know, with 100% certainty, that it was the power wire. How did you eliminate every other possible variable? Please, share. Not just "well, I moved my power wire and the noise went away". That don't fly.

First of all, I don't claim to have a "know it all" knowledge of car electrical systems which apparently you do claim this. I do however have enough common sense to know the difference between having noise and NOT having noise in my audio system. Even in home audio its recommended that you don't run the power cords over the top of the signal cables as this can introduce RFI into your signal cables, but if you had to do so.....do it at a 90 deg angle. I know home audio is different than car audio but the goal of not having noise is the same.

Whether or not you agree with how I eliminated the noise in my audio system is irrelevant to me at this point. I will say this, regardless of other variables there may have been as you put it when I moved the rca's to the other side of the vehicle the NOISE WENT AWAY. I don't have scientific proof or anything of the sort. I just have common sense enough to know that running signal wire and power wire in close proximity sure as hell can't benefit anything so why play with fire.

End of discussion on that.

squeak9798
04-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, that guy. Guess what, I still don't care.

First of all, I don't claim to have a "know it all" knowledge of car electrical systems which apparently you do claim this. I do however have enough common sense to know the difference between having noise and NOT having noise in my audio system. Even in home audio its recommended that you don't run the power cords over the top of the signal cables as this can introduce RFI into your signal cables, but if you had to do so.....do it at a 90 deg angle. I know home audio is different than car audio but the goal of not having noise is the same.

Whether or not you agree with how I eliminated the noise in my audio system is irrelevant to me at this point. I will say this, regardless of other variables there may have been as you put it when I moved the rca's to the other side of the vehicle the NOISE WENT AWAY. I don't have scientific proof or anything of the sort. I just have common sense enough to know that running signal wire and power wire in close proximity sure as hell can't benefit anything so why play with fire.

So, to summarize the above paragraphs....you 1) enjoy basking in your own ignorance, 2) have absolultely ZERO EVIDENCE that the RCA's being in close proximity to the power wire induced noise into your system, and based off of this complete and total lack of evidence, decided to form the conclusion that it's bad to run a power wire next to an RCA, and 3) have decided that science isn't important to you and doesn't apply to you, and that you'll draw whatever conclusions you can based solely off of ignorance and lack of evidence.

Sounds like a great plan. Glad it's working for you.

By the way, the other day I changed the oil in my car (as well as changed the intake, headers, exhaust, carb, fuel system, cam and crankshaft, and rear gear diffs), and boy does that new oil make my car run like a charm and have more power. Now, I realize I changed 10 other variables, but by golly am I nothing less than 100% positive that the only reason I'm experiencing a difference in performance is because of that oil.

Now, obviously my logic sounds aweful in my above example. Not sure why you think it sounds any better when you apply it to your case of moving the RCA cables. You changed tens of variables when you moved that wire.......how can you even attempt to contribute the change to a single variable (the proximity of the power cable)?

lifted95blaze
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
So, to summarize the above paragraphs....you 1) enjoy basking in your own ignorance, 2) have absolultely ZERO EVIDENCE that the RCA's being in close proximity to the power wire induced noise into your system, and based off of this complete and total lack of evidence, decided to form the conclusion that it's bad to run a power wire next to an RCA, and 3) have decided that science isn't important to you and doesn't apply to you, and that you'll draw whatever conclusions you can based solely off of ignorance and lack of evidence.

By the way, the other day I changed the oil in my car (as well as changed the intake, headers, exhaust, carb, fuel system, cam and crankshaft, and rear gear diffs), and boy does that new oil make my car run like a charm and have more power. Now, I realize I changed 10 other variables, but by golly am I nothing less than 100% positive that the only reason I'm experiencing a difference in performance is because of that oil.

Now, obviously my logic sounds aweful in my above example. Not sure why you think it sounds any better when you apply it to your case of moving the RCA cables. You changed tens of variables when you moved that wire.......how can you even attempt to contribute the change to a single variable (the proximity of the power cable)?

ok what about me..... my power wire is ran in the middle of my vehicle and my rca's run on the right side..... the only place there close is under my rear seat right before they go into the amp, i can take the power wire " JUST THE POWER WIRE" and move it 2" closer to the rca's..... with out touching nothing else... and the noise will start. Move it away and the noise stops, explain all the variables that im changing moveing a 10" piece of power wire 2"

oh and the power wire isn't close to any other wires like speaker wire, ground, or remote.

adam71
04-15-2006, 05:48 AM

First of all, you should really spend less time on this forum and a little more time out of the house. But hey, its your thing and I won't criticize you for it.

Ok, I said the noise went away when " I moved the RCA". I also said I wasn't claiming to know science and all the variables of what happened when I moved the RCAs. What I was saying was that when I moved them the noise went away, notice this is the 4th or 5th time I've had to say this. I never said that was the ONLY reason the noise went away. All I know is that when I moved the wire the noise went away. I don't give one flying **** what all the variables were that caused the noise to stop but it DID. I don't care if I ever know. So since then I've always ran my RCA's on the passenger side of the vehicle. You can sit on here on the forum and be a mythbuster all you want and you can also kiss my *** while you're at it. I don't appreciate you insulting my intelligence but if it makes you feel like a big boy to do so then I guess I can't stop you.

This IS the end of this discussion this time.

adam71
04-15-2006, 05:50 AM
ok what about me..... my power wire is ran in the middle of my vehicle and my rca's run on the right side..... the only place there close is under my rear seat right before they go into the amp, i can take the power wire " JUST THE POWER WIRE" and move it 2" closer to the rca's..... with out touching nothing else... and the noise will start. Move it away and the noise stops, explain all the variables that im changing moveing a 10" piece of power wire 2"

oh and the power wire isn't close to any other wires like speaker wire, ground, or remote.

Might as well just give up the argument man, he's NEVER wrong in his mind.

He's a smart guy but can't handle being disagreed with.

lifted95blaze
04-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Might as well just give up the argument man, he's NEVER wrong in his mind.

He's a smart guy but can't handle being disagreed with.

yea man im kinda gettin that hint too,

squeak9798
04-15-2006, 12:31 PM
First of all, you should really spend less time on this forum and a little more time out of the house. But hey, its your thing and I won't criticize you for it.

Nice attempt at an insult. Didn't really work all that well....but I'll give you an A for effort.

Ok, I said the noise went away when " I moved the RCA".

No you didn't, you said: "I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better."

I also said I wasn't claiming to know science and all the variables of what happened when I moved the RCAs.

So then don't make statements like "I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better" without fully understanding what actually took place.

What I was saying was that when I moved them the noise went away, notice this is the 4th or 5th time I've had to say this.

Only after you said "I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better" and I asked to you prove that it was conclusively nothing else, or prove that it was solely the power wire. Then you started in on this "all I said was the noise went away when I changed the RCA wire" bullshit you've been spewing to cover your *** since you couldn't prove your original statement.

I never said that was the ONLY reason the noise went away.

"I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better" sounds to me like you were trying to claim it was.

All I know is that when I moved the wire the noise went away.

Should have stated that to begin with, rather than attempt to make claims without evidence.

I don't give one flying **** what all the variables were that caused the noise to stop but it DID.

Then don't make comments like "I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better" without knowing all of the variables.

I don't care if I ever know.

Really? I guess that explains your ignorance.

You can sit on here on the forum and be a mythbuster all you want and you can also kiss my *** while you're at it.

And you can go around making ignorant claims all you want, just know I'll be there to correct you.

And I'll pass on the kissing your *** part. Sounds like someone needs to get laid a little more often though......release some of that tension and anxiety you're suffering from.

I don't appreciate you insulting my intelligence

Don't make it so easy. All I asked you to do was prove your original statement...which you couldn't do.

squeak9798
04-15-2006, 12:33 PM

You're situation it's tough to say without me being there to inspect it. Could be something wrong with your RCA. Could be moving that wire shifts the wire(s), causing a change in the quality of the connection. Could be that the RCA wire is pinched/damaged somewhere. Etc etc. Not one of those things easily investigated through the internet.

BLD 25
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
sorry to interrupt everyone, but is there anything that i can do with my head unit besides pay nearly half the original price to fix it?

adam71
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Nice attempt at an insult. Didn't really work all that well....but I'll give you an A for effort.

Thanx.

Should have stated that to begin with, rather than attempt to make claims without evidence.

Then don't make comments like "I've had that cause noise in one of my first systems before I knew better" without knowing all of the variables.

I'm sorry to have wasted your time with my bogus claims. I didn't realize I was on trial to begin with. Nor did I realize all my statements were going to be under a magnifying glass.

Really? I guess that explains your ignorance.

Thats what I'm talking about. You look down at everyone that may not know as much as you. Its a clear sign of insecurity in which you hide from by spending so much time on the forum.

Sounds like someone needs to get laid a little more often though......release some of that tension and anxiety you're suffering from.

Nothing wrong with my *** life. You'll notice I don't spend that much time on here.
I don't have almost 21,000 posts in less than 2 years:rolleyes:which is 31 posts per day.......sounds like someone doesn't have much of a life at all.

takeabao
04-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Been running power wire alongside my RCAs for the past 4 years and haven't had any induced noise. Whether it be 0, 2, 4, or 8 gauge, I haven't much noise-related issues.

Don't know why a couple of you folks are having issues. Perhaps you should take a step back and examine the rest of your install skills before you challenge a WELL-KNOWN myth that's been scientifically proven to be true.

Why do I run my RCAs on the same side? It's simply easier to micromanage. I don't have to sneak under both left and right sides of the front of my cabin to run wire.

azbass
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Been running power wire alongside my RCAs for the past 4 years and haven't had any induced noise. Whether it be 0, 2, 4, or 8 gauge, I haven't much noise-related issues.

Don't know why a couple of you folks are having issues. Perhaps you should take a step back and examine the rest of your install skills before you challenge a WELL-KNOWN myth that's been scientifically proven to be true.

Why do I run my RCAs on the same side? It's simply easier to micromanage. I don't have to sneak under both left and right sides of the front of my cabin to run wire.

agreed. if you get noise. then there is somthing else wrong in your system, improper ground, bad ground for HU. etc.

adam71
04-15-2006, 10:46 PM

Have any evidence? Someone on here said I should have evidence before I made any claims. Let's see yours. Pics maybe?? Pics of you running it all on one side of the vehicle??

HUH?? I thought they had proven it to be false?? Make up your mind.

I had this problem more than 10 years ago and since then I've run them on opposite sides of the vehicle. I don't have to examine anything about my install skills because I know what I'm doing. Look at my install in my "gallery" then show me pics of your install before you run your mouth. I've been into car audio since you were still in diapers.

Do you not have right front speakers?? I know I do. I run the rca's and the right front speaker wires on the passenger side and the power, left front speaker wire and my IP-bus cable on the driver's side. Splitting them up on both sides makes for much less clutter and a much neater install. But I guess that probably doesn't mean much to you.

takeabao
04-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I thought about typing out a lengthy response to your above post, but I realized my efforts would be completely futile.

Yes, Adam. We all know you believe running your RCAs alongside your power wires induces noise into your system. Go on ahead and keep believing that. It's not like anybody is going to hate you for it.

As for me, I'm satisfied with how I do things. Why? Because I trust people like Scott Buwalda:

MYTH #5: Keep power cables away from signal cables when you're running wires. "I still separate the two, but only to establish a cosmetic flow to the wiring scheme. But the reality is that, in a negative ground system — as in 99.9% of the cars on the road — the ground plane is the vehicle's chassis, and it carries with it a voltage potential. Simply routing signal wires along this ground plane can induce the same amount of noise as running signal cables right next to power cables. The electron potential of the car's chassis acts as one big antenna for noise, irrespective of where cables are in relation to each other. So routing signal wires and power wires on the opposite side of a vehicle is a completely moot point."
See page 4 in this article: http://www.roadgearmag.com/article.asp?section_id=11&article_id=485&page_number=4

and Richard Clark:

its true that this is a myth--------its also a fact that the theory is true------thats why I am right----- AND the professor is right even though we disagree-------its the current that induces the noise into the signal wire------voltage is not an issue--------since a typical amp power wire carries lots of current it surely would induce noise in adjacent signal wires------------BUT there are things to consider in the real world--------at idle when you can hear noise easily the amp isn't drawing hardly any current at all-------playing music to increase the current also creates music that drowns out the noise-------analogy???---its sort of like a kid trying to see if the referigator light really turns off with the door shut--------in the real world of a car there is just as much noise caused by the signal wires being adjacent to the chassis (that carries the same current as the +12 volt wire)-------fortunately noise induced from power wires is not really an issue even though many think it is-----(the real problem with wires is loop area noise but thats another subject)-------as for those know-it-alls and experts that claim this is true i have long offered $1000 to the first person that can show me a car where this is the case and i'm still waiting----------don't believe it??????-------try something really simple to prove it to yourself---------lay a head unit and an amp on the floor and connect them with long RCA's------hook the amp to a good speaker---------power them up with jumper cables or large car audio wire to the cars battery and start the car so the alternator is charging and producing lots of noise---------NOW------move the RCA wires as close to the power wires as possible-------wrap the RCA's around the positive wire AND TRY TO MAKE THE SYSTEM NOISY----------you will find to your amazment that it isn't possible..........what does this tell you?????................RC

i've thrashed this subject to death and really don't care to cover old ground--------its never RCA's too close to power wires and its never "ground loops"----------believe it or not--------myths are created when folks don't understand science and audio is full of em---------thats where sea monsters, Greek gods, etc came from---pure ignorance..........my bet still stands...........RC

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022690#000006

You typing out long-winded responses attempting to attack within our personal boundaries only makes you sound like an *******.

In the end, whatever me, Squeak, etc. say to you doesn't matter. In my eyes, you love your Pioneer P9 combo more than your first child and you believe in a myth. But guess what? I have no problems with that!

It's all good.

adam71
04-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Yes, Adam. We all know you believe running your RCAs alongside your power wires induces noise into your system. Go on ahead and keep believing that. It's not like anybody is going to hate you for it.

I've already pretty much said that I don't care if that is what causes the noise or not. I said I will run my rcas on opposite sides for ease and neatness of installation. If running rca cables on the same side induces noise or not is irrelevant at this point as I have given up that argument.

Perhaps you should take a step back and examine the rest of your install skills before you challenge a WELL-KNOWN myth that's been scientifically proven to be true.

However I do have a problem with you questioning my ability to install.

In the end, whatever me, Squeak, etc. say to you doesn't matter. In my eyes, you love your Pioneer P9 combo more than your first child and you believe in a myth.

LOL. Well I do think its the best combo going for the money but I do realize its just my opinion. ;) As far as the myth is concerned I have let that argument go.

BLD 25
04-16-2006, 05:29 PM
my thread is officially hijacked! :)

zachzchw
04-16-2006, 07:09 PM

Call Pioneer- depending on when it was made, they might offer you a one time courtesy fix.
That little bit of information comes from previous threads about the same thing- search for them, you might find something else useful in there too.

squeak9798
04-16-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry to have wasted your time with my bogus claims. I didn't realize I was on trial to begin with. Nor did I realize all my statements were going to be under a magnifying glass.

When you state incorrect information it is. I don't see the logic behind allowing misinformation to be spread. If you post misinformation, ofcourse I'm going to point it out.

Thats what I'm talking about. You look down at everyone that may not know as much as you. Its a clear sign of insecurity in which you hide from by spending so much time on the forum.

That comment had nothing to do with insulting your intelligence. Moreso the fact that you're content with continuing on ignorantly rather than attempt to learn and further your knowledge.

You'll notice I don't spend that much time on here.
I don't have almost 21,000 posts in less than 2 years:rolleyes:which is 31 posts per day.......sounds like someone doesn't have much of a life at all.

I'm sorry you feel it's a bad thing that I enjoy assisting people interested in the same hobby I am. I'm sure the thousands of people I've helped, assisted with their problems, answered their questions, and futhered their knowledge don't have a problem with my post count.

That and the fact that it's really not hard to obtain quite a few posts in a relatively short period of time when you have a good understand of the basics and fundamental principles, which will answer about 95% of the questions on this forum.

You can continue attempting to attack me on a personal level by judging me based solely on my post count, but I can promise you it will get you no where other than looking like an incompetent fool, much as you have done throughout this entire discussion. But the fact that you have nothing better to say other than to attempt to insult me based on my post count is pretty hilarious.

Good try. No prize.

:)

BTW...I thought you left the discussion?

azbass
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
squeak ftw

Prowler573
04-16-2006, 08:58 PM
squeak ftw

There are more than a few members here who will take the time to give a factual, detailed, and correct explanation on things. Then there are those who choose, for whatever reason, to argue that explanation no matter how clearly they are shown just how badly in error they are.

It is this second group that I take great issue with. A bright, shining example of what I speak of can be seen ^^^^^above^^^^^ a few posts...

It's the first group, who are quite obviously in possession of a great deal more technical knowledge that I have, that keep me coming back day after day. The drama here keeps me amused but even through all the BS I manage to further my own knowledge base slowly but surely.

I don't care how other forums on the interweb view CA.com in general...this place rocks! :laugh:

adam71
04-17-2006, 07:32 AM

I would like to say that I'm sorry for that. I'm atleast half to blame.