PDA

View Full Version : CDA-9853 vs KDC-X689

foomasta69
04-10-2006, 11:45 PM
im going to keep my stock speakers in my 98 ford explorer (mech audio system) and i just want a nice deck that will give me the greatest, cleanest sound quality i can buy for around the prices of the cda-9853 and kdc-x689... if you could recomend a better deck at around that price it take it into consideration.. i can get either of those decks at around 300$... i just want a nice deck that will give me some EQ controls and throw out the power and crisp sound that i want.. also i have a stock subwoofer which i would like to hook up also.... if that would matter.. my alpine i have now is really nice i like it but its time for something new...and its already being used in my other car (93 probe with the system)
thanksssss

oh yeah check out how i get to hook up my stock sub to my deck...funn :up2somet:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154055

Pigskin
04-11-2006, 01:16 AM
you can pick of an Eclipse CD8445 at Ebay for around $290 - $330 shipped. I heard they have the best SQ built in.

Prowler573
04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
As much as it pains me to steer someone away from a Kenwood eXcelon deck out of the two HUs you have listed I would suggest you give a very wide berth to the Kenwood and eliminate it from consideration immediately.

One of the main things that caused Kenwood to have a rather widespread reputation for building crap was the use of the D-Mask+ stealth faceplate mechanism. It was a flawed design that saw more than a few owners becoming extremely disappointed with their audio purchase when the ribbon cables that connected the faceplate to the deck's internals malfunctioned rendering the unit useless more often than not.

It didn't take too long and enough complaints from consumers saw the discontinuation of this poor design.

For some odd reason Kenwood saw fit to bring it back on one deck only in the '05 lineup ~ the KDC-X689. History shows that this particular design isn't reliable and the odds are in favor of it malfunctioning providing you with aggravating downtime getting it serviced under warranty, or if you choose to buy it from an unauthorized source, leaving you with an inoperable deck.

For no other reason than the faceplate design I have to say avoid the X689 like the plague. :(

negativezeroz
04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I <3 my 9853. :)

foomasta69
04-11-2006, 01:54 PM
hmm alright what about a high end pioneer... DEH-P6800MP ??? i saw it in person it looked kinda tacky though... if not that then i think ill probably get the 9853