PDA

View Full Version : BACK IN BUSSINESS-PIONEER+iPOD

BOOKER
04-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi everybody, it's been a while since my last post, but I'll try to be more active in the forums.

I had been searching the forums and the web for info on the iPOD compatibility with Pioneer headunits. I read somewhere in this forums that it's not too friendly when you try to control the ipod from the head unit using the Pioneer CD-IB100 adapter.

I also read that this issue has been corrected on the 2006 line-up.

I like DEH-6800MP (but the 7800 is growing on me :up2somet: ), and I don't even have an ipod yet but maybe in the future I will.

Can you give me any feedback on this, how is the sound quality, oh and is the ipod nano also compatible with this 'cause that's the one I like.

YEEESSS I SEARCHED!

Thanks in advance for any info and keep up the good work!
:thumbupw:

aadadams
04-11-2006, 01:19 AM
The DEH-P6800MP and CD-IB100 or CD-IB100II (replaced the CD-IB100 for 2006) are compatible for what Pioneer calls enhanced ipod functionality. There are numerous reviews of the setup on the Crutchfield, Circuit City, and Best Buy websites. I have the Pioneer Premier P880PRS + CD-IB100II and the ipod functionality is great I am very hapy with it. The ipod setups are very similar for both head units. As far as I can tell the differences between the ipod adapters are purely cosmetic. The SQ is excellent. You will not be disappointed. The ipods that have the dock connector are compatible, and that includes the nanos.

BOOKER
04-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I will for the reviews on the sites you mentioned.

But from your experience it seems to be a good buy.

:2thumbs: