PDA

View Full Version : alpine trim ring..ebay?

thai_creeper
04-10-2006, 08:33 PM
im looking for a replacement trim ring for an alpine, first place i looked was ebay but theres buy it now's ranging from $2-$15, is this one of those cases where you get what you pay for? thanks for any help

zachzchw
04-10-2006, 09:08 PM
im looking for a replacement trim ring for an alpine, first place i looked was ebay but theres buy it now's ranging from $2-$15, is this one of those cases where you get what you pay for? thanks for any help

I dont see how you could go wrong with a trim ring.
Maybe the lower priced ones have inflated shipping or something?

BodegaBay
04-10-2006, 10:56 PM
im looking for a replacement trim ring for an alpine

Pacific Coast Parts (http://www.alpine-usa.com/support/parts_service/parts_and_service.htm) or Herman Electronics. Decent prices on Alpine accessories.

thai_creeper
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I dont see how you could go wrong with a trim ring.
Maybe the lower priced ones have inflated shipping or something?
thanks for the advice, ill make sure i look at shipping if i get it off ebay

Pacific Coast Parts (http://www.alpine-usa.com/support/parts_service/parts_and_service.htm) or Herman Electronics. Decent prices on Alpine accessories.
wow i thought it'd be expensive, only $3.02 for the trim plate, standard shipping charge is 9.75 though :crap: are the parts off this site "official" alpine parts?

thai_creeper
04-10-2006, 11:20 PM
also, could someone tell me if im going from an aftermarket HU(pioneer) switching to an alpine is the mounting sleeve the same (can I just pull out the pioneer and slip the alpine in the same sleeve)? same question with the wire harness i bought to connect to the pioneer, im pretty sure that should be the same (i wont have to get a new one) right?

BodegaBay
04-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Yep, all parts are OEM/factory issued parts -- not imitations. But yes, the bummer is the min shipping charge is $9.75, especially for a $3 part.

1. Even though the DIN sized mounting sleeve have the same dimensions, the mechanical connections to the manufacturer's (and sometimes even model specific within that same manufacturer) chassis can be different. For instance, Alpine has side sliders that hook onto the sleeve while Eclipse has side spring plates (I'm unsure what Pioneer uses). Unless you fabricate a custom mount, play it safe and use the correct manufacturer's mounting sleeve. Besides, it should come with your new H/U.

2. No, wiring harnesses are not interchangeable between different mfgs. Most are even model specific as their plastic connector and/or wires can vary model to model, year to year.

thai_creeper
04-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Yep, all parts are OEM/factory issued parts -- not imitations. But yes, the bummer is the min shipping charge is $9.75, especially for a $3 part.

1. Even though the DIN sized mounting sleeve have the same dimensions, the mechanical connections to the manufacturer's (and sometimes even model specific within that same manufacturer) chassis can be different. For instance, Alpine has side sliders that hook onto the sleeve while Eclipse has side spring plates (I'm unsure what Pioneer uses). Unless you fabricate a custom mount, play it safe and use the correct manufacturer's mounting sleeve. Besides, it should come with your new H/U.

yeah its not bad i guess about the shipping cuz that will be close(a little less) than ebay anyways.

1. Yeah I'll use the alpine sleeve then, i was askin cuz if it was interchangeable i'd be lazy and just use the same one haha.