PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 8445 problem wtf..

bigtymer2306
04-10-2006, 09:04 PM
So i was leaving a gas station. pulled out into my lane and excellerated kinda heavily. within 2-3 seconds of accelerating my headunit makes a "pop" and starts smoking. it has been wired the same way for 6 months. so i checked all my fuses none of them are blown but yet the cdplayer still doesnt power up. so i said screw it and pulled out the factory radio plugged it in and it played right away. why in the hell would the headunit just give out like that. there wasnt anything wrong all the speakers played, there werent any shorts.. nothing. wtf happened? i cant quite remember when i purchased it but i think it was last july so im hoping i still have a warranty. any help would be appreciated.

P.S. one of my main reasons for buying high quality audio equipment like eclipse and paying that kinda money for it is so it does its job and does it well. and look what happens the eclipse deck ends up lasting as long as my p.o.s. pioneer 8600. i might as well spend $100 on some ****** *** sony explode.

guy022077
04-10-2006, 09:25 PM
my 8445 crapped out also....i had it bnib in dec and its been broke since i got it. but i didnt know because i used aux input with ipod. and i am sending it back tomorrow. POS eclipse,none of my sony hu's ever failed like this........i dont know whats wrong with your but i wish us luck getting these brokeass hu's fixed