PDA

View Full Version : Kick panels

mike75356
04-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Would these be equal to making some yourself. I really dont think i have the time or the ability to make them myself so there kind of exspensive but is that the only reason people make there own to save money or are there other factors that play in with making your own or buying some? Its going to be a set of boston pro 60's in em. Will this work out okay?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLK1005B01

squeak9798
04-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Main reason people build their own kickpanels is to maximize their potential by aiming them themselves to obtain the best possible imaging, since each speaker is going to require slightly different aiming.

I've heard mixed results with those Q-Logics. I know a guy who had a pair in his Alero....imaged horribly.

mike75356
04-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Ok so what would you suggest maybe try those? I dont really know how to build my own and i dont know anyone that lives close to me that does them either and the shops around here are horrible.

preacher
04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
If you can't practice I wouldn't custom your first set in your prize ride. I have qforms and they're better than the stock speaker locations in my '95 camry. They sound good. Someone with the perfect set of , but the imaging could be better. I'm not sure custom could be better.

My brother had some in a dodge pickup and they sounded fantastic. Be sure to treat these with some dynamat, add some closed cell foam on the seals, tape all the seals tightly with some ducttape and then load them with polyfill (extra) and you won't be disapointed for not finding a snobbish install shop to charge you $500.

ramos
04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Haven't dealt with qlogic in quite some time. Are they still open back, and made of abs ? If so you will want to beef them up as they tend to resonate and flex like a mofo. And fasten them as tightly to the floor as possible. Otherwise cancellation might become an issue :)