PDA

View Full Version : Question?

gtilley45
04-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, I've done a search on this and didn't find much. My question is, can an amp and subs be installed in an 03 Chevy Silverado with the factory Bose/XM stereo? The amp and subs I have came out of my GMC that I wrecked that had the plain Jane stereo. When I had it installed, they told me that it would work OK, just wouldn't be very loud or hit very hard which was correct. They Bose/XM sounds pretty good but I want to put my subs back in. Can I keep the stock head unit? Thanks for any help.

trevor87
04-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Youll need a line output convertor

Safe-N-Sound215
04-09-2006, 06:53 PM
does you amp have high level inputs? if not you can use rca's with a line output converter and still get signal from your factory speaker wire. either way it's pretty easy to do. hope this helped.

:patrioti:

gtilley45
04-09-2006, 07:37 PM
does you amp have high level inputs? if not you can use rca's with a line output converter and still get signal from your factory speaker wire. either way it's pretty easy to do. hope this helped.

It has high and low level inputs.

Safe-N-Sound215
04-09-2006, 07:49 PM
well if it has high level inputs you can tap into the wiring for the speakers in the back of the truck and save yourself some money. just splice them in with your speakers, run your power, ground, and remote wires and your good to go.oh yeah, with your remote your gonna need to run it to a 12v source that only cuts on with the car on.

gtilley45
04-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm way too dumb to try this on my own. :rolleyes: So if I carry it to the same place that put all of it in my other truck there shouldn't be any problems or other stuff I have to buy?

Safe-N-Sound215
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm way too dumb to try this on my own. :rolleyes: So if I carry it to the same place that put all of it in my other truck there shouldn't be any problems or other stuff I have to buy?

none at all;)