PDA

View Full Version : speaker size for 70 chevelle

millerscents
04-08-2006, 08:22 PM
found only one link to any sizeing specs. and that said it was a 4x6 in front and a 6x9 in rear. was wanting to know if this was right. any help will help

millerscents
04-09-2006, 02:28 AM
ttt

SQBubble
04-09-2006, 03:27 AM
check out urselff... its easy to tell, for rear deck check in the trunk and front take off the doors

SHOtime
04-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds like the old system, with one speaker up front and one in back. If you want to have four all around, you'd better start thinking about where to cut. My friend's old '68 had speakers put into the doors and the rear deck and they were certainly not the stock locations. You'll have to customize it or pay someone else to do it for you. On the bright side, the '70 is a popular car, so finding someone familiar with it should be no problem at all. Good luck!

millerscents
04-09-2006, 03:45 PM
first off it's not my car (helping a friend out)

2nd speakers are in the dash

i found the only speaker sizes on a chevelle fan club site and they said it was a shallow mount in the dash for the 4x6. they said if they were too deep it could cause problames with dash cluster

this is the only place i found that said any info on speaker size
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49048&highlight=speaker+sizes

and before we order any thing we want to make sure of the sizes

thanks
ben

SHOtime
04-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I would try to find a good set of 4x6 plates for the front and either some decent 6x9s for rear (some will hit hard enough that your friend might not want a sub), or a single/dual 10/12" setup for rear. That car has a pretty big trunk so your options are flexible. Try to see if you can find out how deep of clearance you have up front.