PDA

View Full Version : Clarion VRX765VD? Any thoughts?

cyantist
04-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm thinking about getting this unit and I wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with it yet. My dealer is bringing one in next week for me to play with, but does anyone have anything to say about it? I've never owned a Clarion unit before (long time Alpine user), but I've heard good things about them in general. Well, if anyone has anything to say, then speak up!!

Thanks!!

Randy Savage
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
I loved the 755. Looks like the 765 is just as good. I'd say wait till you get a chance to fondle it and then go from there...;)

melaza
04-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Well i currently got the 755 and to be honest from what i heard there`s not much difference between the two units....anyway just play with it and then definetly let us know!

cyantist
04-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Ya, from what I understand, it's a minor upgrade from the 755.. All I can tell is that the iPod control seems to be improved a little, which is my main reason for considering this in the first place. I'm less than impressed with my Alpine setup for controlling my iPod and I'm hoping this will be a worthy replacement.. I also heard that the iPod sometimes doesn't switch off on the 755 and you have to physically unplug it all the time or else the battery ends up dying.. Can anyone confirm this? I'm hoping that this issue is fixed on the 765 since this would be a major pain in the butt I'm sure.. And don't worry, I will be back with a full review since I can't seem to find one anywhere online yet.. I'm wondering if anyone here even owns one yet, since they are just coming out to dealers within the last month or so..