PDA

View Full Version : Arc Audio ACS230

kenstewart
04-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I've seen limited posts on this in comparison to other speakers so does anyone have this component set or actually heard them? How good are they SQ wise? Right now I purchased a set of Image Dynamics Chameleons, but they're on back order and will be quite a while until I get them so I'm looking at alternatives. The amp I'll use to run them is a brand new MTX Thunder 684. I also hear they're made by Rainbow????
Thanks for any help given ...

kenstewart
04-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Anybody?

kyle454ss
04-10-2006, 12:53 AM
I have 2 brand new 5 1/4" sets for sale if u're interested for $249/set

takeabao
04-10-2006, 01:57 AM
I also hear they're made by Rainbow????
I believe this is true...

You might wanna ask a couple of the folks on this board who're better familiar with ARC products (i.e. 3.5max6spd or 6spdcoupe).

Or... post on www.elitecaraudio.com (http://www.elitecaraudio.com)

I'm pretty sure a few ECAers have experience with this set -- or you can even ask Jason Sizemore (works for ARC Audio). Hope this helps!

FoxPro5
04-10-2006, 02:15 AM
I bet you dollars to donuts that the Arc ACS sets are the Contour mid paired with the Cal 25 tweet...and yes the Jersey boys will surely stand me straight if I'm wrong. I spoke to an Arc Audio employee about the ACS set and he put it above the Professional line (now a few years old).

kenstewart
04-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the contour mids and cal tweets ... I'm assuming what you're saying is these are very good speakers???

NJAV1
04-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the contour mids and cal tweets ... I'm assuming what you're saying is these are very good speakers???
Cal tweets are butter...but what do I know...:D

3.5Max6spd
04-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Believe it or not the ACS employs a mid more like the SLC mid. The Arc owner and the techs will tell you they feel it was a more robust midbass driver than the Professional mid. So they put together a set with a Rainbow custom xover to mate to the Professional Cal25 tweeter. I ran this set for like 1.5yrs, i really loved it. Threw 80 watts per side, 270 per side and 360 per side on different installs-they sung oh so ****.

the acs230 is a 5.25", so i'm sure it has its limitations as far as output/powerhandling/xover vs the larger driver in the ACS265. I never used it, but people like Jason Sizemore and Rick (RAAMaudio) have extensively and like their midrange alot.