PDA

View Full Version : Good alarms? ANd a window tint question

Bboy_jon
04-06-2006, 03:02 AM
OK well im looking into some car alarms? what are some good ones? are they hard to install? i dont really trust places such as best buy and circuit city...

also how long does window tinting take (for a pro shop to do)? like cani bring the car in, and have it back in like 2 hours or something? or would i have to leave it over night?

do they take off the door panels to get to the glass or what?

thanks

revrider1
04-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Be carefule who dose the alarm, now and days you cant trust anyone. Tint doesn't take that long to do, depending if you have existing tint or not.;)

Bboy_jon
04-06-2006, 03:11 AM
ya thats why i want to do it myself, but ya the main reason i dont trust best buy is, theyll need to get to my battery, and well my amp is in the front (i have an mr2) and well i just dont trust em in general

and i think i was told tinting would be around 200 or so?

i have 2 doors, windshield, driver and pass windows, some tiny windows int he back (no idea what for) and the rear window

revrider1
04-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Well, take it from me who knows how to tint. It doesn'y take that long to tint car with that many windows. Maybe 2 hrs. at most, now if you have tint it will take plenty longer to remove it.

SAG3
04-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Be carefule who dose the alarm, now and days you cant trust anyone. Tint doesn't take that long to do, depending if you have existing tint or not.;)
now and days?

revrider1
04-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Also what kind of car do you have? If the back windshield is very curved it also takes plenty longer, to heat the tint to fit correctly.

revrider1
04-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Hey, now and days. It is easy to break the code on the alarm boxes, take it from me who knows how. Shhhh j/k;)

bimma85
04-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Tint doesn't take that long to do, if you know how to do it (I dont :( );)
Edited :D

Be carefule who dose the alarm, now and days you cant trust anyone.
x2 :crap: I would trust and only trust two local shops here to do my work. Heard horror stories about pretty much every Big name store here :crap:.

iagrdshaka
04-09-2006, 11:06 PM
also how long does window tinting take (for a pro shop to do)? like cani bring the car in, and have it back in like 2 hours or something? or would i have to leave it over night?

No way should you have to leave your car overnight there. Anyway after the tint job, dont do a rolldown for 3-5days. ;)