PDA

View Full Version : Gibson headers and exhaust?

bumpin_blazer
04-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Is gibson a good/solid brand for exhaust and headers? they make a cool side exit dual tip exhaust for my truck and i'm interested in them. If you have any other suggestion i'm game to listen to em'.

91lacdeville
04-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Look for soemthing stainless steel so they wont rust, and if not stainless alteast get coated. Are you looking more for peformance or sound?

reagd
09-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Is gibson a good/solid brand for exhaust and gibson headers (http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/gibson~headers~parts.html)? they make a cool side exit dual tip exhaust for my truck and i'm interested in them. If you have any other suggestion i'm game to listen to em'.

I agree. I have them for already 7 months now. I think, they should spread the word about it.

ThatChevyGuy
09-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Ive got gibson headers on my whip, little pricey, but quality is there.

Farmacist
09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
I've got a gibson dual exhaust on my truck and I love it, the only thing I would suggest is to get some ceramic paint and give it a couple coats before installing it.. it'll help with the rusting later down the road

joe98chevy
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
i just put some stainless steel gibson headers 2 weeks ago and theyr awesome...but lik a couple of the guyz stated ceramic coated are better since they dont heat up as much as the chrome and stainless steel...theyr pricey but worth it

Louisiana_CRX
10-02-2009, 11:42 PM
i'm looking at the Gibson setup for my wrangler...but I'm going with the stainless so it doesn't rust in which ever exhaust I decide on

joe98chevy
10-02-2009, 11:52 PM
i'm looking at the Gibson setup for my wrangler...but I'm going with the stainless so it doesn't rust in which ever exhaust I decide on

yea good choice...my buddy has the chrome gibson headers...but wit the heat dey turned purple...ule definetly like dem...also look into JBA....theyr up there wit gibson

Louisiana_CRX
10-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I've heard good things about the JBA's also...its sorta a toss up between those two

badvlvo
11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I have installed over 100 Gibson exhaust systems and about 20 sets of headers. Never had a problem or complaint. The sound is nice, not loud at all, just deep and smooth. Adding the headers makes the tone change to a little sharper, a little louder, but even better.

The last one I did was a Hemi Ram. Log headers, 3" cat-back and we revamped the merge where the L and R banks come together with a merge pipe from Flowmaster. This truck picked up 2.5 mpg on the highway following this mod and it sounds great.

JBGabriel
11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Gibson makes nice stuff but the exhausts arent loud enough IMO. I have pace setter headers on my truck. The were cheap and they fit so im not complaining. If they arent coated deffinately put some paint on them

eharri3
11-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Is this the Gibson Supertruck and what kind of truck is it?

That exhaust sounds best on Dodges. Don't know about Chevies, probably OK but I know it sounded like CRAP on the Fords I've heard running it. Gibson is not known for setting off car alarms but if you don't need to do that the quality of the sound, workmanship of the systems, and performance bumps are always good. I had a Dynomax Superturbo 13 inch on my 4.7 Dakota. Made it sound like a muted NASCAR truck on hard throttle but very deep at idle and light throttle.

Ray21
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Magnaflow makes a great exhaust.

I think there are better performance parts you can buy instead of headers... don;t get me wrong, they're good but I would get an intake and programmer first.

BoxdGM
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
double post

BoxdGM
11-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Gibson makes nice stuff but the exhausts arent loud enough IMO. I have pace setter headers on my truck. The were cheap and they fit so im not complaining. If they arent coated deffinately put some paint on them

how long have u had them? ive heard nothing but complaints about pacesetters warping at the flanges.

JBGabriel
11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
how long have u had them? ive heard nothing but complaints about pacesetters warping at the flanges.

I put them on in august. The flanges are just as thick as any other header i have seen. So far so good, no leaks. If they do warp ill just put regular manifolds on again cuz they were a ***** to put on. Had to jack up the motor and take off the starter and all kinds of fun stuff. Took me prolly 10 hrs to put both on. Gotta love ford modular motors.