PDA

View Full Version : Best box...

project f-150
04-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I currently have 4 mtx 7500 15's in a small sealed fiberglass enclosure. I like the sound of it but not the output. Its fairly loud but I know my set-up is capable of a lot more!!

I was thinking of pulling out the sealed box and going to a vented box. My only problem is that this will be my first box like this for a pick-up. The box mtx recommends.....
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manualsQuickInstall/subs/TechData_T8515-04.pdf
I would of course double the numbers and build 2 boxes to each hold two subs.

My question is even though its mtx's recommended box does it seem kind of small? I have a good amount of room to work with to go a little bigger on te boxes. Or if you think i can get the volume i want just use 2 in a very large box.

Anyone with good experience with these subs or box building in large pick-ups have any suggestions?

When will it ever end I just got this truck a couple months ago and already thinking bout my second box haha.

Pyro_By_Nature
04-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Don't worry, I had one of my vehicles a couple weeks and went through 4 boxes, 2 amps, 3 different subs.

Back on topic.I'd go a little bigger, the boxes MTX recommends have always seemed to be small to me.

project f-150
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?