PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Fiberglass

azngotskills
04-03-2006, 04:04 AM
What can cut hardened fiberglass/resin? Besides a dremel?

Volenti
04-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Jigsaw (orbital action preferably) with a metal blade (blade for cutting metal), the blades still get blunt pretty quickly but you will still get ~6' of cut per blade depending on blade quality and the fibreglass thickness.

Pro tip; Always use a dual filter respirator, not a simple dust mask when working with fibreglass.

THUNDERBIRD
04-03-2006, 06:34 AM
i use my cutoff wheel with the air compressor. but depending on the thickness u can us a SHARP utility knife, i have done it, i did it after every layer so i wouldnt have to at the end but i ended up just doing it at the end with the cutoff wheel

Buckshot
04-03-2006, 10:51 PM
i use my cutoff wheel with the air compressor. but depending on the thickness u can us a SHARP utility knife, i have done it, i did it after every layer so i wouldnt have to at the end but i ended up just doing it at the end with the cutoff wheel

pnuematic cutoff, sawzall (wooo), angle grinder with cutoff wheel, air body saw, and a dremel are the tools I have personally used.

azngotskills
04-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Thanks guys, I actually got a hold of a dremel at it cut through the fiberglass like butter with a fiberglass reinforced cutoff wheel.