PDA

View Full Version : viper 791vx??

TVarmy04
04-02-2006, 06:44 PM
lately ive noticed that people have been takin a serious notice to my jetta (prob cuz its all done well and lots of money put into it0 anyways about a month ago my car got keyed from headlight to taillight rite throu the paint then the other nite i noticed my hoodpins were unlocked on my carbon fiber hood. so it gets me wondering bout car safety...i got a stock one already but obviously it didnt go off when they keyed it so now i want a new one...i hear everyone talkin about the viper 791xv and its remote start/sensor etcetc stuff well i want one but i wanted to know how sensitive it is to goin off like a simple brush on the door and it sets off or wat? and will it go off if someone drives by with there subs blastin?

baseballer1100
04-02-2006, 06:46 PM
If someone keys it i dont think it will make it go off it took alot for mine to go off. I think you can always change that though.

88Vette
04-02-2006, 07:24 PM
You can install a DEI 508D dual zone radar proximity sensor and adjust it so if anyone gets close it will go off. 1st zone is a "warn away" which will just chirp the alarm and if they stay in the zone or get closer it will trigger a full alarm.

From the DEI website:

DEI 508D is the most effective vehicle intrusion sensor. This dual zone radar sensor detects moving high density objects using RF field-disturbance technology. Ideal for convertibles & t-tops or any application where zone intrusion protection is desired.
Contains a new custom chip for outstanding stability. This is a great way to give you vehicle that added protection from would be thieves and vandals!
Leave your windows or top down without compromising your vehicles security with the DEI 508D . It will work for just about any alarm system.

It will interface with the Viper 791xv pefectly.

More info: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151830

937DYTBOI
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
hey i want to know how to make the alarm passive so i dont have to set the alarm everytime with the key. someone else installed the alarm for me and lost my manual and i dont really want to bother him just to make my alarm passive

88Vette
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Here is a link to the owners manual.

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/og/viper/G564V_6-03.pdf

I know somewhere in there it tells you everything you want to know.

:D

TVarmy04
04-04-2006, 01:35 PM
how far does the remote work?? wheres a good spot to buy it i checked for taht syper_audio guy on ebay and coudlnt find him...really wanna buy one of these along with that dei sensor thingy ma jig

88Vette
04-05-2006, 02:05 PM
PM HCCAfan here on the forum and see if he can still get the Viper alarms.
I got mine from him.
As for as the sensors go I'd check on eBay.
The remote works a long distance depending on if you are inside a building or line of sight.

Hope this helps!

MiSeRy
07-30-2006, 01:25 AM
is one dei 508d sufficient for a car?