PDA

View Full Version : Z1 has been released

ndnbolla
04-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Its in stock and ready to ship finally.
So who's planning on getting one?

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=18128716&search=avic-z1

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=avic+z1&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=01879&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

I wished my local CC/BB/Tweeters had one so I could atleast demo it.

pimpedout97x
04-02-2006, 01:05 PM
if i only had 2k...

Ignatowski
04-02-2006, 02:19 PM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XCbDDRGVnNn/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=130AVICZ1

RIPOFF

req
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
EQ Bands 3
RMS Power Output 22 watts

sooo, its got one more band of EQ than my cda-9827, its got the same wattage internal amp, all the same other featuers, but it has a touchscreen?

what a hideous waste of money. it does not even have a fawking crossover. an a THREE band [graphic im assuming] eq? that is seriously pathetic.

turn it up
04-02-2006, 02:26 PM
hehe yea also 2.2 preamp and no security feature

I'm waiting for Eclipse avn 6600 :)

hoss
04-02-2006, 02:34 PM
EQ Bands 3
RMS Power Output 22 watts

sooo, its got one more band of EQ than my cda-9827, its got the same wattage internal amp, all the same other featuers, but it has a touchscreen?

what a hideous waste of money. it does not even have a fawking crossover. an a THREE band [graphic im assuming] eq? that is seriously pathetic.
if youre looking for a purely sound oriented unit... true. but if youre looking for something with alot of features and amenities that you can use while youre driving and for daily use, which might i remind you in a car while its moving you might as well throw out all of those fancy SQ-ey tools, it has alot to offer.

and for the pwople who can afford one of those, im also going to go ahead and add that they can without a doubt afford a set of speakers with crossovers, an active crossover if they need one, and an external EQ.

the unit really does alot of neat stuff, sure it might not suit the SQ needs of many, but not too many screens do. im not going to run out to buy one, but i love my avic n1, and all that it has to offer. even though it might not have the processing or great sound that other HU's offer. its still great for while im driving.

req
04-02-2006, 02:56 PM
it looks like it has navigation in there. and it has a screen. and it plays cds.

wow.

how origional?

im going to say that there is nothing "new" that it does. its just a new model of the same crap that it has always been. and for $1200~2000? i can get a complete stereo for my car and install a touchscreen for it. all im missing is the navi hardware wich i would most likely never use.

im sorry, thats complete assrape for somthing that is not special at all. and im sorry if i dont like to listen to a crackley frontstage that cant keep up with my sub(s) because its distorting really bad. just because there is a crossover does not mean its a "sq'er" thing. it means that people want to listen to music, not distorted noise with bass.

i dont mean to tell you its not a nifty piece hoss, but i wholeheartedly believe that theres absolutly nothing special about it.

ndnbolla
04-02-2006, 03:03 PM
it looks like it has navigation in there. and it has a screen. and it plays cds.

wow.

how origional?

im going to say that there is nothing "new" that it does. its just a new model of the same crap that it has always been. and for $1200~2000? i can get a complete stereo for my car and install a touchscreen for it. all im missing is the navi hardware wich i would most likely never use.

im sorry, thats complete assrape for somthing that is not special at all. and im sorry if i dont like to listen to a crackley frontstage that cant keep up with my sub(s) because its distorting really bad. just because there is a crossover does not mean its a "sq'er" thing. it means that people want to listen to music, not distorted noise with bass.

i dont mean to tell you its not a nifty piece hoss, but i wholeheartedly believe that theres absolutly nothing special about it.

So I'm guessing you're not getting one? :rolleyes:

req
04-02-2006, 03:08 PM
i dont like screens anyway :)

so no.

dont you roll your eyes at me mister. ill tell ng on you!

JAZN
04-02-2006, 03:27 PM

This unit obviously wasn't made for audiophiles. It was made for people who want the navi system and a harddrive for music, as that seems to be its big selling point. I'm gonna take a guess and say a pretty big portion of people who get navi units don't even know what a crossover or eq are. It has its niche market and there are going to be people who are going to buy it. Yes, you can make a carputer with greater specs in every aspect for less money, but the people who buy this unit probably don't know how to make a carputer or have the time. As a result, there is a market for these types of units. And like hoss said, if an audiophile wanted to still use the Z1, chances are they can afford external processing if they can afford this. I will agree on one thing, it is indeed rather overpriced.

slick316
04-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't call it overpriced, considering what it does. AVN5495 retailed higher, and was similar spec wise. $2250 retail probably means you can get it for under $2000 street price. Unit has a 3 band parametric EQ, HP and LP crossovers (AVN5500 has none), 10GB HD space for music, full iPod control (anyone who has seen a unit that has full iPod control will tell you its nice), XM with XM NavTraffic, and Bluetooth support. Its a pretty nice, all in one unit.
All you have to remember with this unit is that, its NAVI first, sound second.
However, I think I will wait for the AVN6600 to release :) Kind of partial to Eclipse.

adam71
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM

wow.

how origional?

First of all you forget to mention it plays DVD's and MP3s. Secondly you can rip your CDs onto the hard drive. Also, I'm just curious why you think this unit would have a crackley front stage?? Doesn't just about EVERYONE that is serious into SQ use an amp on EVERY speaker in their system?? So why would a weak onboard amplifier make the quality of this unit any lower. This unit was NEVER intended to be a SQ unit. This is for navigation primarily and I'm sure it does that well. As far as the preouts are concerned, if you have decent amps 2.2 volts is more than adequate.

Don't get me wrong I think the price is a tad high but all in one screen units have always been pricey. Which explains why I don't own one.;)

Lizardking
04-03-2006, 12:44 AM
SQ is always the last to think about in a audio/video deck.. I've had them all and they all **** for SQ.....yes even the Eclipse units.... The single din decks are where its at right now.

req
04-03-2006, 01:21 AM
i just cant believe they can charge over 1000 for a freakin screen and a dvd reader. granted it does have a harddrive (didnt see that on the spec sheet i was reading). but not adding in a simple 5band parametric (or more), and zero xovers? i mean, cheaper market hu's come with those functions.

i dont see anything worth that cost on that unit at all. the harddrive is nice, i could care less about dvd's and video (but thats not my thing). i want actual FUNCTIONs- not just slap a huge price on it because you can.

i just cant believe that its so expensive when it does not even do anything "new". get my drift?

baseballer1100
04-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Looks cool but wouldnt want it. Well if i had a lot of money to waste.

Randy Savage
04-03-2006, 02:05 AM
i just cant believe they can charge over 1000 for a freakin screen and a dvd reader. granted it does have a harddrive (didnt see that on the spec sheet i was reading). but not adding in a simple 5band parametric (or more), and zero xovers? i mean, cheaper market hu's come with those functions.

i dont see anything worth that cost on that unit at all. the harddrive is nice, i could care less about dvd's and video (but thats not my thing). i want actual FUNCTIONs- not just slap a huge price on it because you can.

i just cant believe that its so expensive when it does not even do anything "new". get my drift?

Well, it is also a 7" screen (I've seen 2 other double-dins that has a 7" screen thus far, neither had navi), plus, like everyone else has said, dvd/navi/hdd/etc.

Also, from what I've heard, this navi software is supposed to blow all other in-dash navi units out of the water- complete voice recognition, text-to-voice prompts, 11million POI's, smart routing, and bluetooth.

Of course it's not going to cater to the audiophiles...but it will sell...

turn it up
04-03-2006, 02:27 AM
I think they could have supported more audio options tho for that price range. Eclipse in japan seems to blow that Pioneer away tho http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/navi/avn7905hd/index.html

req
04-03-2006, 03:32 AM
all im saying, is that it does not have enough features to be worth much more than its jensen counterpart. while i was at circuit city, we had more **** pioneer units come back that we did with jensen to be honest -_-

adam71
04-03-2006, 07:00 AM
I think they could have supported more audio options tho for that price range. Eclipse in japan seems to blow that Pioneer away tho http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/navi/avn7905hd/index.html

:rolleyes: Excuse me but the Pioneer units in Japan blow this Pioneer away as well. ALL Japanese models kill the US models because this generation of car audio fans in the US want quantity and bling over quality.;)

Whenever I talk to younger guys the first thing they ask me is what kind of sub I have and how many watts I'm pushing to it. Oh and how many dbs am I hitting. They rarely ask me how it sounds.

Randy Savage
04-03-2006, 12:18 PM

I honestly doubt anyone buying a Z1 is buying one because they want a truly SQ-oriented radio that will have all sorts of x-overs/eq'ing/time alignment/etc.

You guys have to realize the market that this unit is catering to...

req
04-03-2006, 02:38 PM
You guys have to realize the market that this unit is catering to...

thats exactally my point, people who buy this are fuc*ing idiots. :laugh:

AVSTANG02
04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Req is confused. Just ignore him.

slick316
04-04-2006, 12:31 AM
How much are NAV options in most cars anyways (as a factory option?), $1500? $2000? I doubt anyone of them have a built in hard drive for ripping upto 10GB's of music, Full iPod control, and pre outs for use with amps. It also has bluetooth for phone connectivity, which allows you to get route guidance just by scrolling through your phone book and finding the number. ALL the NAV, audio, and phone stuff is voice activated.
I travel a lot, mainly to visit friends and see sights, and navigation is definately helpful to me. I used to have an AVN5435 and it was nice, paired with an Audiocontrol DQXS it sounded amazing. I just wasn't impressed with the full navigation capabilities of the AVN. This Z1 is impressive, might just have to see what dealer cost is on it before I consider the AVN6600.

Randy Savage
04-04-2006, 12:36 AM
From what I've seen most factory in-dash navi options run over $2k

req
04-04-2006, 03:42 AM
not confused.

just IMO - not worth what they want to charge. i research where im going before i drive there :p:

adam71
04-04-2006, 03:46 AM
not confused.

just IMO - not worth what they want to charge. i research where im going before i drive there :p:

Thank you. Now we know your opinion for the 44th time. You don't like the deck and how much it costs. Can we move on now.??

Jrunr
04-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Any new updates on this Nav system? I too am waiting for the Eclipse AVN6600, but it keeps being pushed back...

I am, however, more inclined to SQ and this is why I am awaiting the Eclipse.

slick316
04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
I decided that I wasn't going to bother with it. I just can't get rid of my 9255, too nice of a headunit. I'll probably just end up getting some sort of TomTom/Garmin windshield mount GPS.
However, sound feature wise, I think the 6600 will be the better option, but for better package when NAV and convenience features are held higher, that Z1 is the ticket.

skmfkr
04-17-2006, 12:50 AM
gd it, everytime you ****ers say z1 i think of the DD amp

hoodkid
04-17-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm glad the z1 came out the the price of the orignal avc1 will go down :)