PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass questions

HardHitter
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Ok, I'm doing my box for my 10W7 and everythings going great. It was time to resin and I decided to do half the enlcosure and then mix another batch of resin and do the other half to make sure the resin didn't harden before I could finish the whole enclosure so I did that.

The problem is though, I don't think I used enough hardener in the first batch of resin. Is that okay? It will just mean that it will take longer to harden right? Or will that side of the enclosure's resin be weaker?

The weather here is pretty crappy, it's cold and raining, but the other side of the enclosure is drying pretty quickly compared to the side that I didn't use too much hardener. Is this okay or will I need to mix another batch of resin and go over it again?

Also, am I able to add the fiberglass ontop of the enclosure instead of the inside? Because the only way I'd be able to add the fiberglass to the inside would be through the sub hole and it's not that big.

Let me know, thanks!

Volenti
03-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Your first batch of resin will harden eventually and won't be any weaker, a heater will speed the process. A hot mix applied over the top will also work.

Adding fibreglass on top of the enclosure is perfectly fine, though at one point I would mix up some resin and roll it around the inside of the enclosure to coat any surfaces not already impregnated with resin.

HardHitter
03-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks Volenti.

The FG box isn't an all FG box, I have a wooden base bottom and then basically the top is going to be fiberglass.

.::DuD3::.
03-31-2006, 11:15 PM
yeah itll just take a lil longer to dry. if your adding on the outside of the box, keep in mind that you'll have to sand down any imperfections you create depending on how you decide to cover it later.