PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer P9 Combo vs. Alpine H701/9861

loserpunk
03-31-2006, 03:37 PM
what are peoples opinions on both of these units, i've been looking into both, the p9 is more expensive, but i want to know the pros cons of both

loserpunk
04-04-2006, 06:36 PM
anyone? any info...

lilmaniac2
04-04-2006, 06:39 PM
p9s TA pwns

3.5Max6spd
04-04-2006, 07:04 PM
The Alpine combo offers greater tuning plus DVD/Mp3. Only Cons i hear are noise related from using the analog inputs. If you run digital from an Alpine head thats no issue.

Cons of the P9 is that they are subject to skipping, dont read mp3's, and xovers are lacking on some chs when running 3way active. Also the silver face doesnt allow as clean a look as the Alpine in most dashes.

Johnny Drama
04-04-2006, 07:37 PM
The Alpine combo offers greater tuning plus DVD/Mp3. Only Cons i hear are noise related from using the analog inputs. If you run digital from an Alpine head thats no issue.

Cons of the P9 is that they are subject to skipping, dont read mp3's, and xovers are lacking on some chs when running 3way active. Also the silver face doesnt allow as clean a look as the Alpine in most dashes.

One more...

The alpine requires the additional control unit in dash if you dont have a compatable HU.
The pioneer is one unit in dash + the processor brain.

The alpine can be used with almost any headunit...
The pioneer can not IIRC...

loserpunk
04-04-2006, 10:04 PM

what kind of connection do you need ot use to connect the h/u to the 701, and what do you mean by the xovers are lacking on some channels?

ngsm13
04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
9861 + H701... It pwns...

nG

3.5Max6spd
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
what do you mean by the xovers are lacking on some channels?

On the P9 , the mid hi xover limits you to 250hz...on the Alpine each channel is limitless points, more values.

loserpunk
04-05-2006, 12:16 AM
ic ic.....but as i'd have a 4 way..not really applicable.....but...the alpine is cheaper from what i've seen.....so yea

FoxPro5
04-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Seriously stop with the annoying pwns sshit you guys!! :furious: I'm sorry to dump on your thread loserpunk, but *** why can't you give thoughtful and worthwhile imput to the man's question. I would like to hear more the objective feedback guys like 3.5max and jntar contribute because I take value in it. So in the name of sweet baby Jesus...lets focus on the point... "i want to know the pros cons of both." Thank you, that is all....now back to the show!

ngsm13
04-05-2006, 12:52 AM
WEENER!

With that being said, I believe the Alpine Combo is superior in over processing power, looks, and ease of functionality.

I got the chance to mess around with what the H701 has to offer when I met up with GCAdidas, it's an excellent unit, and has user-friendly... but precise adjustability.

:).

Weener.

nG

takeabao
04-05-2006, 01:33 AM

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

For reference, the Alpine combo will run you in the ball park of about $800.

I've seen the P9 combo go for roughly $1,000 on average; $800 ish if refurbished maybe get lucky and buy used. But we'll call it $1K.

Personally, I prefer the look of the DEX-P9 (white LED + OEL ... :yumyum:) having seen one in person and owning a 9860 + H701 but would take an H701 combo 7 out've 7 days of the week.

Savstyle
04-05-2006, 02:06 AM
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

For reference, the Alpine combo will run you in the ball park of about $800.

I've seen the P9 combo go for roughly $1,000 on average; $800 ish if refurbished maybe get lucky and buy used. But we'll call it $1K.

Personally, I prefer the look of the DEX-P9 (white LED + OEL ... :yumyum:) having seen one in person and owning a 9860 + H701 but would take an H701 combo 7 out've 7 days of the week.
haha i can get a deal p9 combo for 650 :woot:

but like ng said biggest thing ive noticed between the 2 is that the h701 is a bit more user frienly than p9 combo

adam71
04-05-2006, 09:13 AM
WEENER!

With that being said, I believe the Alpine Combo is superior in over processing power, looks, and ease of functionality.

I got the chance to mess around with what the H701 has to offer when I met up with GCAdidas, it's an excellent unit, and has user-friendly... but precise adjustability.

:).

Weener.

nG

I've been reading alot of your posts in these VS threads and everytime Pioneer is involved you are against Pioneer. Not saying thats a bad thing as we are ALL entitled to our opinions but you seem to HATE Pioneer too much to give an unbiased opinion. In other words, lay off the hatorade biaaaaaaatch.!!

J/K on the biaaatch part.

adam71
04-05-2006, 09:17 AM

News flash.........this just in..............IT'S a 4 WAY.......active network so yes I guess you could say it may lack in 3 way flexibility a little. But anyone who buys a P9 combo planning on running it 3 way isn't too bright from the get go.

One PRO for the P9 is that other than the F1 the P9 OWNS all Alpine decks in build quality and reliability. I've never heard of ANY problems with skipping on the P9 either. But I guess it all depends on who you ask.:D

Oh and one more thing..............no one get their ******* in a bunch because I'm just debating.......NOT arguing.

pwnt by pat
04-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I picked up the alpine (9860) for these reasons:

cosmetically it's much cleaner
gives me all the settings up front(p9 does this also)
mp3 cd/dvd / regular dvd
price - I piced up teh 9860 and h701 for less than 700.

I've had many issues with pioneer products in the past so I stay away from them whenever I can.

edit bty: I'll be using the h701 for 3-way, not 4 or 5.1

adam71
04-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I picked up the alpine (9860) for these reasons:

cosmetically it's much cleaner
gives me all the settings up front(p9 does this also)
mp3 cd/dvd / regular dvd
price - I piced up teh 9860 and h701 for less than 700.

I've had many issues with pioneer products in the past so I stay away from them whenever I can.

It just shows you how funny luck can be. I've had nothing but GREAT LUCK with Pioneer products. Its not to say they have been great for everyone (you are an example of that) but their products work for me. I've tried Alpine back in the 90s and didn't care for the sound of their decks. Tried Eclipse next, liked the sound but had to send it in 4 times before the 3 year waranty expired so I said to hell with that. Went back to Pioneer in the late 90s and haven't looked back since.

One thing I would like to see with all the major mfgs is an industy standard for optical digital interface. Home audio did it, so why can't car audio.?? I know what they're thinking but they're ALL shooting themselves in the foot.

For example, this is just hypothetically speaking. Here's a scenario.

Say I have an Alpine deck and really like it and want active processing. But I don't like the H701 at all and would like to run a Pioneer ACTIVE processor with it but don't want to run analog from the deck to the processor. If there was an industry standard I could do this. Alpine is thinking since I have an Alpine deck they have me roped in so I can't buy a Pioneer processor.

However, what if I had Pioneer deck and wanted a H701 to run with it. Most consumers ( me included) will NOT go out and buy a new Alpine deck just to be able to run an Alpine processor so they in effect screwed themselves out of a sale of an H701 because there is NO industry standard of optical digital connections.

-end rant

pwnt by pat
04-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I think it's better this way because I believe it would be next to impossible to allow for the same functionality in decks to be able to control this. Plus, the processor control is only on a LIMITED amount of decks. They'd all have to use the same control cable, and whose would they choose and why?

Alpine made it that if you want to use another deck, you get the rux-c701. I'm not justifying the price for it, however the option IS out there.

I bought the alpine deck because I NEEDED a new deck. It just made sense ($) to me to get a deck that can control the 701 as opposed to say an old model alpine with optical out and the rux controller.

edit: Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. I was under the assumption that all of the optical signals were the same and you were complaining about the control cables/abilities of the decks and processors.

Johnny Drama
04-05-2006, 11:29 AM
haha i can get a deal p9 combo for 650 :woot:

but like ng said biggest thing ive noticed between the 2 is that the h701 is a bit more user frienly than p9 combo

Where???

ngsm13
04-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I've been reading alot of your posts in these VS threads and everytime Pioneer is involved you are against Pioneer. Not saying thats a bad thing as we are ALL entitled to our opinions but you seem to HATE Pioneer too much to give an unbiased opinion. In other words, lay off the hatorade biaaaaaaatch.!!

J/K on the biaaatch part.
I could say the EXACT same thing about you and Alpine...

You a PIONEER WH0RE... that's all there is to it.

I enjoy Alpine, Eclipse, Clarion... at the moment I own Alpine, a 2004 model. I sure wouldn't own a regular CD Deck from the 2006 line-up... unless it was for a deck with inexpensive iPod hookup....

nG

Randy Savage
04-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Radio's are for gays!!! :)

adam71
04-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I think it's better this way because I believe it would be next to impossible to allow for the same functionality in decks to be able to control this. Plus, the processor control is only on a LIMITED amount of decks. They'd all have to use the same control cable, and whose would they choose and why?

edit: Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. I was under the assumption that all of the optical signals were the same and you were complaining about the control cables/abilities of the decks and processors.

I was talking ONLY about the transmission of the digital signal but when you bring up the point of controlling the processor I now see this would make it much more difficult. Even on the P9 combo where you have an optical digital cable for the signal you still have to connect the units via P-bus to be able to control the processor.

adam71
04-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I could say the EXACT same thing about you and Alpine...

You a PIONEER WH0RE... that's all there is to it.

I enjoy Alpine, Eclipse, Clarion... at the moment I own Alpine, a 2004 model. I sure wouldn't own a regular CD Deck from the 2006 line-up... unless it was for a deck with inexpensive iPod hookup....

nG

Not really, I really like the new higher end Alpine units....but ONLY the high end ones. The F1 deck and the external converter look great and I bet sound really great.

As far as being a Pioneer *****?? My speakers are MTX Black Gold. My active X-over is MTX. My Passive 3-way x-over are MB Quart. My eq is PPI. Other than that its ALL Pioneer Premier.

ngsm13
04-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Not really, I really like the new higher end Alpine units....but ONLY the high end ones. The F1 deck and the external converter look great and I bet sound really great.

As far as being a Pioneer *****?? My speakers are MTX Black Gold. My active X-over is MTX. My Passive 3-way x-over are MB Quart. My eq is PPI. Other than that its ALL Pioneer Premier.

I'm saying you're a pioneer HU wh0re ;)

But yeah, I'd love to get my hands on the F1 HU... :)

nG

squeak9798
04-05-2006, 09:20 PM
However, what if I had Pioneer deck and wanted a H701 to run with it. Most consumers ( me included) will NOT go out and buy a new Alpine deck just to be able to run an Alpine processor so they in effect screwed themselves out of a sale of an H701 because there is NO industry standard of optical digital connections.

FYI: the Alpine has standard Toslink (optical digital) and analog inputs, that can be used with any headunit on the market that has either non-proprietary digital output (coax to toslink convertors are cheap), or any deck that has atleast one analog RCA output. You can purchase the RUX-C701 for the H701 to control the unit.

So yes, you can add the H701 to your Pioneer headunit, you would just need the C701 controller.

3.5Max6spd
04-06-2006, 09:24 AM
It just shows you how funny luck can be. I've had nothing but GREAT LUCK with Pioneer products. Its not to say they have been great for everyone (you are an example of that) but their products work for me. I've tried Alpine back in the 90s and didn't care for the sound of their decks. Tried Eclipse next, liked the sound but had to send it in 4 times before the 3 year waranty expired so I said to hell with that. Went back to Pioneer in the late 90s and haven't looked back since.

One thing I would like to see with all the major mfgs is an industy standard for optical digital interface. Home audio did it, so why can't car audio.?? I know what they're thinking but they're ALL shooting themselves in the foot.

For example, this is just hypothetically speaking. Here's a scenario.

Say I have an Alpine deck and really like it and want active processing. But I don't like the H701 at all and would like to run a Pioneer ACTIVE processor with it but don't want to run analog from the deck to the processor. If there was an industry standard I could do this. Alpine is thinking since I have an Alpine deck they have me roped in so I can't buy a Pioneer processor.

-end rant

Adam, whats the lowest freq the front chs HP can go on the P9 in an active setup?

6spdcoupe
04-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Radio's are for gays!!! :)

carputers are for teh gayest. :D

adam71
04-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Adam, whats the lowest freq the front chs HP can go on the P9 in an active setup?

There is no front or rear just high, mid, low and sub.

If you're talking about the tweeter the HP filter's range is from 1.6khz-20khz. The tweeter LP filter's range is 8khz to -20khz.

Mid is 200hz - 10khz hipass and 2khz - 20khz lowpass.

pwnt by pat
04-07-2006, 09:25 AM
This thread is number 8 result on google for "alpine h701", quoting:
However, what if I had Pioneer deck and wanted a H701 to run with it. Most consumers ( me included) will NOT go out and buy a new Alpine deck just to be ...

Not my choice of quotes for this thread but whatever.... heh

3.5Max6spd
04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
There is no front or rear just high, mid, low and sub.

If you're talking about the tweeter the HP filter's range is from 1.6khz-20khz. The tweeter LP filter's range is 8khz to -20khz.

Mid is 200hz - 10khz hipass and 2khz - 20khz lowpass.

So basically the P9 is handicapped for people who want to run horns as well, while the Alpine combo is limitless per ch.

ngsm13
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
So basically the P9 is handicapped for people who want to run horns as well, while the Alpine combo is limitless per ch.

PRECISELY.

nG

loserpunk
04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
why does alpines eq setup seem to be so diffucult....i always get confused trying to figure out how it works..

pwnt by pat
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I didn't have a problem with it and I didn't consult the manual...

aadadams
04-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Is the w200 definately compatible with the h701? I would love that setup, but I was not sure it they were completely compatible.

loserpunk
04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I didn't have a problem with it and I didn't consult the manual...

just comparing it to the p9 specifically, a dual 31band compared to like a 31 band, then a 10 band para, then a 15 band dig. or w/e...i totally made those numbers up, but you get the picture

takeabao
04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Is the w200 definately compatible with the h701? I would love that setup, but I was not sure it they were completely compatible.

YES.

I'm not sure who started the whole rumor that it ISN'T... Idiots...

aadadams
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
YES.

I'm not sure who started the whole rumor that it ISN'T... Idiots...

Now for my follow up question: Are the sound tuning and other features of the H701 GUI based with compatible HUs? I would love to see some screen shots from this setup.

pwnt by pat
04-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes, again. You'll need the Rux-c701 controller to have control over radios that do not control the h701 by themselves

adam71
04-08-2006, 07:04 AM

bahhh...**** horns:rolleyes:

Seriously though, for what I have in store for the P9 combo it will work out just fine.

Now I just need a car to put it in seeing how I'm driving a car with 212,000 miles on it and don't want to put the combo into it.

takeabao
04-08-2006, 06:41 PM
bahhh...**** horns:rolleyes:
Bahhh...**** you.

:)

adam71
04-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Bahhh...**** you.

NO..........**** you.

;)

squeak9798
04-08-2006, 09:46 PM
**** you both.

FoxPro5
04-09-2006, 12:33 AM
**** ALL of you.....I'm going back to my Sony Xplod....

8itches!!! :evil:

ngsm13
04-09-2006, 12:40 AM
**** ALL of you.....I'm going back to my Sony Xplod....

8itches!!! :evil:

Lawl...

nG

Megalomaniac
11-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Im glad i did a search :)

I am plannin on getting the h701 with the controller. but iam just goin to use it by itself hooked up to my carputer. any thoughts? they seem to cost not as expensive as the P9...around $540. But i also read the h700 is the exact same as the h701, the only difference is the h700 comes with its own controller, while the 701 u have the option to buy the controller separate since the processor can be controlled by a variety of alpine HUs.

jluv
11-30-2006, 11:09 AM
just comparing it to the p9 specifically, a dual 31band compared to like a 31 band, then a 10 band para, then a 15 band dig. or w/e...i totally made those numbers up, but you get the picture

It's one or the other. Best way (imo) is to use the graphic eq and be done. It's really not that difficult once you play with it for a while. And when you get it tuned how you like it, you have presets. I'm not familiar with the Pioneer unit, but the 701 is a gem.

Johnny Drama
11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Im glad i did a search :)

I am plannin on getting the h701 with the controller. but iam just goin to use it by itself hooked up to my carputer. any thoughts? they seem to cost not as expensive as the P9...around $540. But i also read the h700 is the exact same as the h701, the only difference is the h700 comes with its own controller, while the 701 u have the option to buy the controller separate since the processor can be controlled by a variety of alpine HUs.

Yes the h700 and h701 are the same thing.

The h700 is a green faced controler and the 701 is blue.

Megalomaniac
11-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Yes the h700 and h701 are the same thing.

The h700 is a green faced controler and the 701 is blue.

too bad i cant find any h700s anymore :crap: i found one on ebay but it looks like people already have their eye on it..

SQChevy
11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
I keep having people try to buy the face of my H700 from me. I am currently controlling mine through my touch screen, but I'm thinking about running the wire for the control face so it's a bit easier to tune with. The H700 and H701 are the same except for the color of the display. I think you also have to buy the H701 and control face seperately. I could be mistaken though.

Megalomaniac
11-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I keep having people try to buy the face of my H700 from me. I am currently controlling mine through my touch screen, but I'm thinking about running the wire for the control face so it's a bit easier to tune with. The H700 and H701 are the same except for the color of the display. I think you also have to buy the H701 and control face seperately. I could be mistaken though.

yea on the h701 th controller is separate.

James Bang
11-30-2006, 07:04 PM
after reading this thread, i'd rather have a h701.
;)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/mobster909/11-21-06_0717.jpg

Megalomaniac
11-30-2006, 07:10 PM
cool

SQChevy
12-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Here was mine.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/rcf0770/Car%20Audio/dash2.jpg

Now the 701 is controlled with this.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/rcf0770/Car%20Audio/DSC02026.jpg

Johnny Drama
12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
You had better watch out next year :p:

J/K I am starting on mine finally. Hopefully be in Consumer Q or Intermed consumer.

T3mpest
12-03-2006, 04:50 AM
basically, 1.6k is a bit high.

adam71
12-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Personally I like the look of the DEX-P9 in the dash by itself. It kills those Alpines in appearance and you only need to use 1 DIN opening while you hide the DEQ-P9 processor.

Of course, being an owner of a P9 combo I would tend to be a little biased.;)

Megalomaniac
12-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Personally I like the look of the DEX-P9 in the dash by itself. It kills those Alpines in appearance and you only need to use 1 DIN opening while you hide the DEQ-P9 processor.

Of course, being an owner of a P9 combo I would tend to be a little biased.;)

p90 face is better:)

squeak9798
12-04-2006, 08:14 PM
and you only need to use 1 DIN opening while you hide the DEQ-P9 processor.

1) When using the 9860/9861/or higher you only need 1 din opening (unless you intentionally purchase the double-din W200) since those units fully control the H700/H701

2) The DEQ-P9 can only be used with the P9 headunit. The H701/H700 can be used with any headunit and therefore implimented into any system. This is the only time you would need to use the C701 controller and take up 2 din slots (but, ofcourse, the C701 is only really needed for tuning and volume control when running digital...so if you are running analog you do not need to permanently mount the C701 once you have the H701 set to your liking)

alphakenny1
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
plus the h701 has a peq.

adam71
12-04-2006, 08:45 PM
p90 face is better:)

Same unit. Different look. And yes the 90 is a little nicer looking but its not a U.S. model unfortunately.:)

adam71
12-04-2006, 08:50 PM
1) When using the 9860/9861/or higher you only need 1 din opening (unless you intentionally purchase the double-din W200) since those units fully control the H700/H701

2) The DEQ-P9 can only be used with the P9 headunit. The H701/H700 can be used with any headunit and therefore implimented into any system. This is the only time you would need to use the C701 controller and take up 2 din slots (but, ofcourse, the C701 is only really needed for tuning and volume control when running digital...so if you are running analog you do not need to permanently mount the C701 once you have the H701 set to your liking)

Thats not really the point I was trying to make but thanks for the response anyway. I was responding to the guys that have 2 din units in their dashes. I was merely saying I like the idea of having only 1 din unit in my dash.

As for your second paragraph, I wouldn't buy the P9 deck without the P9 processor. Therefore I wouldn't need to implement the P9 processor into ANY system. I chose the P9 and that is what I'm going to use and am NOT worried if it will work with another headunit down the road. All in all, with flexibility aside the P9 will perform just as well as the 701 if not better. A PEQ is only useful if your vehicles interior acoustics need it. Other than that I see no reason why a dual 31 band graphic EQ couldn't do the job just fine.:)

phish368
01-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Whats going on guys.. Thought I'd chime in here a lil bit. I have currently setup in my car the 9861 and 701. I'm running it digitally with the optical cable and I'm running the 701 as my active x-over for the fronts. I love it. Of course with any product there are always things that a person may not like. for example:
the 9861 can control the entire configuration of the 701 but its not easy to program by using the 9861. I decided after 3 weeks to go out an grab the RUX controller which made it 10 times easier to setup and control the 701.
As far as going active with the 701, its great. The amount of control it gives you for spliting up your fronts into tweeters (front 1) and mids (front 2), lets you set a perfect x-over and slope between them. It was a world of difference for me to go from passive to active on my JL VR650-csi's.
What else? I tend to use the parametric EQ over the 31-band eq because I like being able to adjust the 'slope' of frequencies I lift or remove. NOTE: you cant use both parametric and 31-band. Its either or. But that is really not a big problem at all.
Feel free to ask anything else that you might want or need to know about them.

Megalomaniac
01-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I wish I could find a used one for sale...h701 with controller. :crap:

phish368
01-12-2007, 02:59 PM
The 701 I got was a used model. I got it for 350 i believe but i was also spending money on the 9861 and 2 JL audio amps at the same time.

Have you tried Ebay?

squeak9798
01-12-2007, 07:16 PM
NOTE: you cant use both parametric and 31-band. Its either or. But that is really not a big problem at all.
Feel free to ask anything else that you might want or need to know about them.

Actually there is a "trick" to temporarily use both the parametric and graphic EQ's at the same time. Problem with this is once the unit powers down it loses the temporary setting.

Though it's a nice trick to temporarily set both for, say, a competition.

Megalomaniac
01-12-2007, 07:24 PM
The 701 I got was a used model. I got it for 350 i believe but i was also spending money on the 9861 and 2 JL audio amps at the same time.

Have you tried Ebay?

they are selling around for $390 - $400 +Shipping :crap: just for the h701

phish368
01-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Meglomanic - it all depends upon how badly you want the unit. I wanted the unit because im the type of guy who is OCD and wants the time correction just right... lol

Squeak - whats the trick?

Megalomaniac
01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
that's the thing I do want the unit, it be great for my carputer, but as of right now I have 2 options for 2 different needs. I can get a Zapco Referance 1100.1amplifier (modded by Zap) for the same amount as the the h701. Choices FTL.

T3mpest
01-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Meglomanic - it all depends upon how badly you want the unit. I wanted the unit because im the type of guy who is OCD and wants the time correction just right... lol

Squeak - whats the trick?
Play with the graphic EQ, once you get the sound you like, save it as a preset. Then tweak that preset using the parametric eq. If you save it again however, you only save what was in the memory of the parametric part. I got my h701/c701 for 490shipped. 500 on the dot if you include the cable to run it digi. I could have had it MUCH cheaper, but I got beat out of a deal at the last minute, still makes me sad. However, all of my equipment is brand new, never used...

yischrax
01-13-2007, 06:56 AM
OK from looking at this thread I have learned a lot and makes me interested in the alpine. My question is people have been saying how they are running active. So can you run an active 3 way and use the rear as the midbass and dose it actually bandpass X-over the midbass or do you need to run another x over for one of the drivers still.
Also is there a great deal of difference between the 9860 and 9861 to be worth the extra cost. Found the 9861 on ebay for 400 but we all know how ebay sales go. Has any one had a problem with the 9860 or 9861 failing if so what were the faults. Just wondering if it is worth spending the difference and get from a store front for warranty reasons.
Thanks guys

when I was reading seemed like main difrences is v preouts on the 9860 is 2v not 4v and it dosen't have the ability to conect to the Bluetooth and the I pod adapters. But if your using a h701 it will have 4v preouts anyways.

squeak9798
01-13-2007, 02:36 PM
So can you run an active 3 way and use the rear as the midbass and dose it actually bandpass X-over the midbass or do you need to run another x over for one of the drivers still.

The H701 will bandpass the front1, front2 and rear outputs. So yes, you can bandpass the midbass aswell.

Also is there a great deal of difference between the 9860 and 9861 to be worth the extra cost.

The 9861 will play DVD-Audio, whereas the 9860 will not.

Also, Crutchfield was having a sale on the 9860 for $299 w/ free shipping (and full manufacturer warranty)