PDA

View Full Version : Mid-bass upgrade n00b ?

Pistonsfan70
03-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Right now I have the Diamond system listed in my signature but the mid-bass has always been kind of soft. Can I get a diff. set of mid-bass (diff. brand) speakers to go with my Diamond HEx 4"? Or do I have to stick with all Diamond?

iceteebone
03-29-2006, 02:55 PM
guess i'm not sure what you are getting at. is that a 3-way set? are you only running a set of 4" comps? do you want to add dedicated midbass to your comps? so are you gonna try an activce setup?

DONGUABINO
03-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Ok, I just read this post. I also need help on adding a set of mids to my system. I have the MB Quart RCE-269 component upfront, and RCE-216 on the rear of a 4 doors Tacoma 2005. If I wanted to add a 4" mid. I would need a 3 way crossover, which one? and which mid?
Trying to have a little proyect going, my wife is away for two weeks and I am babysitting all my wife's dogs, HEELLLLP.
These are powered by JL Audio 300/4 using an Alpine CDA-9813.
Will I gain the same o similar results if I get an EQ, like Audio Control Three.1? Thanks.

springy101
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok, I just read this post. I also need help on adding a set of mids to my system. I have the MB Quart RCE-269 component upfront, and RCE-216 on the rear of a 4 doors Tacoma 2005. If I wanted to add a 4" mid. I would need a 3 way crossover, which one? and which mid?
Trying to have a little proyect going, my wife is away for two weeks and I am babysitting all my wife's dogs, HEELLLLP.
These are powered by JL Audio 300/4 using an Alpine CDA-9813.
Will I gain the same o similar results if I get an EQ, like Audio Control Three.1? Thanks.
-get a divorce
-shoot the dogs
-coustic xm 6 crossover
-dayont rs 5" mid

DONGUABINO
03-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Well, thanks. For your information, she is the one that makes more money at this time, thats how I can aford all this crap. The dogs are hunting dogs. I am really F***. So what can I do now???? You know what, I will think about going hunting, shooting the wife like Vice-president, and let the dogs go, ride back home with my stereo lisining to B.B. King, "The thrill is gone". I have to wait until Hunting season, S***.

Pistonsfan70
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
guess i'm not sure what you are getting at. is that a 3-way set? are you only running a set of 4" comps? do you want to add dedicated midbass to your comps? so are you gonna try an activce setup?

Yeah, I'm going to keep the 4" comps and ditch the DIamond mid-bass.

Pistonsfan70
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
So will the Diamond Hex 4" I already have sound good with a pair of EU-700's in the kick panels???