PDA

View Full Version : Why is the alpine 9855 cost more then the elipse cd8445?

trd_camry
03-29-2006, 12:09 AM
i was searching this forum..and notice that many of you said that the eclipse cd8445 is so much better then the alpine cda9855. that make me wondering if i should sell my 9855 and go for the 8445.

However i went to ebay to search on both model in comparsion between prices and guess what.

The alpine still sell for more then the eclipse..Why is that? Does that mean anything. Should i sell mine alpine and go for the eclipse or what should i do?

ALpine 9855 - between $350 to $430 buy it now (ebay price)
Eclipse cd8445 - $330 buy it now (ebay price)

KngOfThePkngLot
03-29-2006, 12:13 AM
i was searching this forum..and notice that many of you said that the eclipse cd8445 is so much better then the alpine cda9855. that make me wondering if i should sell my 9855 and go for the 8445.

However i went to ebay to search on both model in comparsion between prices and guess what.

The alpine still sell for more then the eclipse..Why is that? Does that mean anything. Should i sell mine alpine and go for the eclipse or what should i do?

ALpine 9855 - between $350 to $430 buy it now (ebay price)
Eclipse cd8445 - $330 buy it now (ebay price)
its all in what you prefer and what you need.....i went with an eclipse after all i read on here and didnt like it, so i went back to my alpine....but i guess the only way you'll know which one you personally like better is to try them both.

kingsxman
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I was looking at both also...and ended up with the Eclipse. For SQ, the Eclipse is phenominal! TA is great on it and pretty simple to setup. Negatives are no pause for the cd (what are they thinking!), volume/tuning controls are poorly designed (pain in the *** to turn the knobs!) and there is no way of turning off subwoofer output. I'm sure the Alpine has its quirks also as nothing is perfect.

My understanding is that Alpine spends more on adverstising...hence the need for higher retail.