PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem with my DEH-P960MP

grinch
03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Looked through the search section but nothin came close to my prob.
I installed my hu in Jan and have not had a single prob with it, when I first hooked it up I used the STD mode it came pre set with, The other day I wanted to switch it to Network mode so I can fine tune it.( or attempt to) I switched to Network mode, reset the unit and everything looked fine untill I attempted to change the crossover freq and such, it only seems to see my rear speakers, I can not tune any thing else. there is a screen where you can see how many speakers you have connected to your system, it does not show my front speakers, tweeters, or my sub?? when switched back to STD mode all works fine and all speakers are sensed. If it matters my fronts are MB quart rkc 113, rears are MB quart RCE 269 both on MB quart crossovers running through rockford fosgate amps. am I just plain stupid and screwed somthin up, is my deck fkd up need some help here this is drivin me nutts Thanks...

loserpunk
03-28-2006, 01:30 PM
make sure when you switch modes you hit the reset button, that might fix your problem

it also might be that you just arent' as familiar w/ ntw mode and you are simply missing something, there are like 4 pages of xover/slope options and on the first page is where you select which output you are changing on the following 3 pages

grinch
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I hit the reset button a few times actually, I did see the different pages as I was able to select throught the different slope and freq cut off pages ( and yes I am not that familiar with the ntw mode) but what happens is after switching to ntw mode my rear speakers are louder than my fronts and my sub is very low also, and I cant seem to find a way to bring the volumes up to match that of the rear speakers, dont know if that explains the prob any better?? Again thanks

loserpunk
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
first of all, make sure you have the proper outputs going to the proper speakers, secondly, on one of the pages, i believe the one with the xover freq..if not that one the one w/ xover slope, you can use the multi control to go up and down and increase/decrease the volume to that output to help match them

grinch
03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
increase/decrease the volume to that output. heh I dont think I saw that page, and I guess I will double check the speaker outputs.I'll give it another try this weekend, Thanks

terry6405
03-29-2006, 12:39 PM
there is a page to see how many speakers you have hooked up? your not talking about the time allignment page R U because that doent change, if not, how do you get to that page? and how you contorl your speakers seperatly??? (front/back)

grinch
03-29-2006, 10:04 PM
It might be the time allignment page and no the speakers do not change cept when u are in NTW mode ( it shows tweets also) but normaly you can select the different speakers ie sub, lft frnt, rt frnt to change the time allignment #s. I dont know if it shows a default # of speakers even if they are not hooked up, I have not unhooked any speakers then powered up the hu to check on that.