PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about bandpass boxes.

bigdub_diesel
03-26-2006, 10:53 PM
I just installed a friends system, and he has a bandpass box for his sub, but the plexiglass on this thing will break if you screw it in to tight, (hes on his second piece of it), and this causes a nasty rattle. So my main question, although dumb, is what is the deal with the plexiglass cover, i dont really understand what it does, could u just take it off and it could work almost as a ported box?

Ingleside
03-26-2006, 11:08 PM
im guess this is a prefab box we're talking about.
im pretty sure the plexi cover is so you can see your woofers so you just dont have a box with a couple of ports in it.
i would try to get some thin foam tape and lay down a strip where the plexi sits on and then screw it down.
also, tighten the screws a little at a time to even out the pressure on the plexi.

danteBirosel
03-26-2006, 11:11 PM
tell him to lose the prefab enclosure and go with a custom. Great investment and well worth it.

_Dante

Slowd N Throwd
03-26-2006, 11:15 PM
my friend had a pre-fab band pass box, i told him to chunk that piece in the trash and just build a nice sealed box. about 22$ for a sheet of MDF and a few bucks for wood glue and screws... now his systems is twice as loud