PDA

View Full Version : Hating My New Alpine CDA-9855

Apoc
03-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Alright, I got teh Alpine CDA-9855 installed today with the whole ipod interface and I am gonna have to say it *****! I would rather find songs by searching on the ipod itself. With 7,500 songs, that is much more productive. Also, like everyone says, the glidetouch is just a pain in the ***. My question is if I get a CDA-9835 could I keep the ipod interface that I have now and use it with the 9835? Or, if I get another deck it will probably be back to my old Premier P960MP. I like the looks and sound a lot better.

The interior of my car is blue LEDs and the green display on the Alpine just doesn't cut it for me.

Let me know your thoughts. Oh, I could also go with the Clarion in dash DVD, I can't think of the model right now but its like $700-800 on ebay. If I could get that to work, I may put that in. Does anyone have experience with its ipod interface?

takeabao
03-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Umm...I believe you can change the color of the LEDs on Alpine units...

Go back to a 9835... or get an 2006 Alpine with fullspeed iPod support.

docutech
03-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Umm...I believe you can change the color of the LEDs on Alpine units...

:word: RTFM FTW!!!

You have Itunes right? Playlists are your friend. Use them. Organize your music versus just throwing all the songs on your Ipod. If you want to search your Ipod while your are driving then better get GEICO. :rolleyes:

SuperBlack350z
03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
+1 on the color changing LED's. One hint for glidetouch (even though in the end it still *****), if you hold your finger at the end of the glidetouch bar it will automatically scroll through your playlists/artists/etc. Problem is, if you hit a bump and select something you don't want, it's back to the beginning. The ipod interface will work with the 9835. It's a little different as far as how the searches work, and it comes up as "CD Changer" instead of ipod, but it still works, and you scroll with the knob instead of the glidetouch bar, so it's a lot harder to accidentally choose something you don't want. With both decks you still don't have the ability of displaying artist name and song name, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Apoc
03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
If I end up going with a 2006 Alpine model with full speed ipod support, what do I gain? I know the CD player is going to run me at least $300 but will I have to rip back into my console and install a different ipod connector? I did kind of figure out the whole "playlist" thing but I don't use them now so it will take some getting used to.

Oh, and I can change the LEDs of the buttons, those are blue but the screen is still green unless someone can walk me through the process.

lightspeed
03-26-2006, 11:53 PM
With both decks you still don't have the ability of displaying artist name and song name, which is absolutely ridiculous.

and that is precisely the reason I chose the 9833 instead of the 9835. It does display both

lil azn 06
03-26-2006, 11:58 PM
If I end up going with a 2006 Alpine model with full speed ipod support, what do I gain? I know the CD player is going to run me at least $300 but will I have to rip back into my console and install a different ipod connector? I did kind of figure out the whole "playlist" thing but I don't use them now so it will take some getting used to.

Oh, and I can change the LEDs of the buttons, those are blue but the screen is still green unless someone can walk me through the process.

You lose time alignment if that matters.

Apoc
03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
You lose time alignment if that matters.

I don't know enough about all that to have it matter...what new models should I be looking at and where can I get the best price?

rocky 59
03-27-2006, 12:17 AM
il trade you an eclipse 8443 for your 9855

Chevyaudio
03-27-2006, 12:19 AM
:fyi: the 06 alpines are worthless....

and Like docutech said playlists are your friend. The 9855 is a great deck...its only short comings are only glidetouch.

SuperBlack350z
03-27-2006, 01:17 AM
The 9852 & 9856 are like 179 and 199 respectively. The fullspeed connection is just a cable that replaces the box, but you'll have to pull the deck out to get to the connection. The 56 has satellite radio compatibility and three RCA preouts, while the 52 is a pretty basic deck with ipod support. Both, in comparison to the 9835, are pretty much garbage. The Fullspeed deal is the only thing the 06 models really have going for them.

Apoc
03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Based on what people are saying, the new full speed deal is just a cable to replace the box making it a little cheaper to add ippod support. I won't think about the new decks but do you think going back to a 9835 from the 9855 would be a good idea?

baseballer1100
03-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Glidetouch/KCA-420i ****!!

cyantist
03-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Glidetouch/KCA-420i ****!!

:word:

Apoc
03-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Alright, another rant. One time I was able to control my ipod while it was plugged into the KCA-420i. For some reason it was letting me control the ipod just like I wanted and I could select any song I wanted using the ipod and not have to go through the ****** interface or unplug the ipod. But now, I can't figure out how I did it and after I unplugged it I haven't been able to do it again. Is there a way that I can control songs from the ipod itself while its plugged into the **** cable?

loserpunk
03-31-2006, 01:42 AM
:fyi: the 06 alpines are worthless....

what makes you say that?