PDA

View Full Version : eclipse 8053 wiring and tuning

knotslck
03-26-2006, 09:19 PM
First of all, i see that there are like 6 or 8 rca cables coming out of this monster. i am trying to run un-balanced so how would i wire these suckers up? right now i have 3 rca cables running to the head unit. 1 going to the high R+ and l-, and one to the mid R+ and L- , and the last one going to the non fader R+ and L-. is this correct?

all of the rcas are sending signals to the amps the signals are just f***** up. when i turn the balance to the left and right the sub gets louder which is hooked up to the non fader. but when the balance is at zero the sub is almost mute. i have the mid rca running to 2 channels of a 4 ch. amp where it powers 2 co-axials until i get my comps. and the other high rcas arent going to anything. so my question is how do i keep my sub volume up when the balance is at 0 and does it seem like i have everything hooked up right because i do not have a manual to go by. thanks for any feed back! i hope i made this clear enough, any questions about what i did or didn't do please ask.

FoxPro5
03-26-2006, 09:27 PM
First of all, i see that there are like 6 or 8 rca cables coming out of this monster. i am trying to run un-balanced so how would i wire these suckers up? right now i have 3 rca cables running to the head unit. 1 going to the high R+ and l-, and one to the mid R+ and L- , and the last one going to the non fader R+ and L-. is this correct?

Yep, you got it.

all of the rcas are sending signals to the amps the signals are just f***** up. when i turn the balance to the left and right the sub gets louder which is hooked up to the non fader. but when the balance is at zero the sub is almost mute. i have the mid rca running to 2 channels of a 4 ch. amp where it powers 2 co-axials until i get my comps. and the other high rcas arent going to anything. so my question is how do i keep my sub volume up when the balance is at 0 and does it seem like i have everything hooked up right because i do not have a manual to go by. thanks for any feed back! i hope i made this clear enough, any questions about what i did or didn't do please ask.

What amps are you running?

knotslck
03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
kx350.4 and a directed 1500.d. im only using 2 channels on the 350.4 though.

knotslck
03-26-2006, 09:35 PM
does any one know how i can set this up so it will work and regular mode until i get my active front stage?

knotslck
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
any feedback?

knotslck
03-26-2006, 11:07 PM
i really need help with this why would the blance left and right have anything to do with turning sub volume up and down? i mean if you turn the balance 3 right then the sub volume will increase by large ammount.

squeak9798
03-26-2006, 11:09 PM

Use either the + for each L & R, or the - for each L & R, but don't mix them like that.

squeak9798
03-26-2006, 11:09 PM
i really need help with this why would the blance left and right have anything to do with turning sub volume up and down? i mean if you turn the balance 3 right then the sub volume will increase by large ammount.

Are you in pro mode or regular mode?

knotslck
03-26-2006, 11:12 PM
ohh really you don't mix them, i though something like that was the problem. will running them mixed hurt any thing?

i'm in regular mode.

FoxPro5
03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
ohh really you don't mix them, i though something like that was the problem. will running them mixed hurt any thing?

i'm in regular mode.

No, just use the + preouts. It won't hurting anything as far as i know.

You do understand that to run active you have to run it in Pro Mode to BP the mids right? Unless you are using some other way of x-ing over the signal.

knotslck
03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
see i don't have a manual and i thought i read somewhere that you have to jump the two. that sould fix my problems though. anyone have any suggestions for som diy comps to run off of my 350.4?

knotslck
03-26-2006, 11:19 PM
You do understand that to run active you have to run it in Pro Mode to BP the mids right? Unless you are using some other way of x-ing over the signal.

yeah i'm not going active yet just running some coaxials and tweets up front.

squeak9798
No, just use the + preouts. It won't hurting anything as far as i know.

The (-) signal is likely inverted 180* out of phase from the (+) signal.

FoxPro5
Way too many drivers to look into right now. You really need to tell us your system goals and give us some idea of a budget.

knotslck
03-26-2006, 11:22 PM
budget would be like 150 for mids and tweets. somthing like dayton ref price range for mids but there aren't two many tweets that will play low enough for them unless you go large format right?

FoxPro5
03-26-2006, 11:22 PM
The (-) signal is likely inverted 180* out of phase from the (+) signal.

But will it HURT it....as in cause the 8053 pain :rolleyes: :D

squeak9798
03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
But will it HURT it....as in cause the 8053 pain :rolleyes: :D

It's not an intelligent thing to do. That's all that matters ;)

knotslck
03-26-2006, 11:26 PM
so i should wire the high positive L and R, and the mid positive L and R and the non fader positive L and R? good thing i found that out i had no idea. thanks.