PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Joyride

xOld Schoolx
03-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Anyone use this unit? I see a few places say it has AM/FM while others say nothing about the radio. Only that it plays DVDs and MP3s. Opinions?

Thanks guys

Worlddre
03-26-2006, 07:59 PM
it does have an a,/fm radio but i hated it .....installed it in a customers car a while back and just hated the interface it wasnt very user friendly

xOld Schoolx
03-26-2006, 08:19 PM
it does have an a,/fm radio but i hated it .....installed it in a customers car a while back and just hated the interface it wasnt very user friendly

not user friendly? Hard to navigate or something? Anything that can do that much will take some time to learn. Anyone using one of these units in their car?

xOld Schoolx
03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
no one else has this unit?

XtrmAudioCncpts
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
yeah i didnt find it to be too user friendly either. it was too hard to get the unit to do anything plus now its kind of old tech. so i would try to find something new and better... what is it about the unit that you like?

xOld Schoolx
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
the features are appealing... voice recognition, optional navigation, DVD. Just exploring all avenues because the units I was looking into have a limited selection (e.g. Single din CD players that play DVDs as well - no screen). Alpine has a couple (dva-9860, dva-9861, dva-7996, jvc kd-avx2, pioneer dev-5000mp, and a hand full of knock offs). Already have a screen installed in my navigation cubby hole in my Z. Bought the Alpine DVA-9860 to start with. Crapped out on me before I could test a DVD. Ordered the JVC KD-AVX2.....saw the autopc joyride and thought I'd ask around before the AVX2 came in. Just want to make sure I'm buying something that's good....not just expensive. lol