PDA

View Full Version : My New Box!! *PICS*

blaze383
03-26-2006, 11:58 AM
My buddy built this for me, I love the guy I just bought the wood and other materials and he built it for me, he is there when the times are rough lol, his username on here is lifted95blaze.....I am very very happy with the box the dimensions are 20L 42W 20H its for 2 Kicker CVR 15s but I only have one now its a work in progress I had a KX600.1 powering it but I just recently sold it but it slammed pretty hard while have really good sq at the same time which suprised me. Here are a few pics and yes they **** i know i know, no digi cam:( and he ran out of mdf when it came time to do the port and dividers but not a big deal I suppose cuz no one ever sees that, But leave your input on what ya think, thanks guys!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box1.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box2.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box3.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box4.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box5.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box6.jpg

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh good GOD. I was thinking in my head that if you like the box, the appearance doesn't matter. Then I saw it.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 12:07 PM
yes, plywood it seems.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh good GOD. I was thinking in my head that if you like the box, the appearance doesn't matter. Then I saw it.

What are you saying?

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:09 PM
The horrendous construction that he paid for, let alone using two woods with different damping qualities.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
You see, I'm a firm believer in sound before aesthetics. If you like the way it sounds, then the appearance doesn't really matter. However, if you paid someone to build that for you, you would have been 50x better off having someone on here do it. If he did it for free, well then that's fine.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:12 PM
construction looks fine...

yes, I would have avoided using two different materials, but I'm sure that will be perfectly fine aswell...

I'm sure you couldn't do any better.
You're right, I don't know how to make a box. You've been here for less than a month, I've been here for two years. Amazing how you know the members on here.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:13 PM
You see, I'm a firm believer in sound before aesthetics. If you like the way it sounds, then the appearance doesn't really matter. However, if you paid someone to build that for you, you would have been 50x better off having someone on here do it. If he did it for free, well then that's fine.

See thats just is he took his time to do me a favor and Im grateful for that, im pleased with the box and thats all that matters.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Oh the love lol

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:16 PM
See thats just is he took his time to do me a favor and Im grateful for that, im pleased with the box and thats all that matters.
Then you have the right attitude. :cool:

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 12:17 PM
PVAudio does know a good deal about box construction......seen his work from the beginning days, till most recent.

death by bass.....u ****. mucho amor

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I didn't say you didn't know how to make a box, I said that construction wise, I doubt you could do any better...

although, hopefully, if you made a box, you'd atleast keep the port the same width along the whole length.... ahh...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box3.jpg

lol, seems to get twice as wide along the back :p
Which is why I'm sitting next to 500 dollars in subwoofers and 1.2k in cameras from building enclosures..right?

Chevyaudio
03-26-2006, 12:18 PM
First off, the box is OK...Construction is iffy, and I would definatly not use 2 different types of wood, because as Mr. PV Audio mentioned the different dampening qualities of the wood might lead to some issues down the road. Secondly PV Audio has come along way from the Caulk Loaded (<<<that sounds bad) enclosures he used to make...Now I would venture to say he is one of the more compitent box builders on the forum (Jmac would beg to differ, Lawl) and He has actually designed a box for me. (because I am the HT box n00bx). So it would be benificial to listen to some of his constructive criticism.

Dan.
03-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Port appears to be 2 different widths too, not good imo.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:21 PM
I got about 40 bucks in this box and hasnt it been said countless times on this forum that even a poorly built box is better than any prefab box?

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I love how people with so low post count come here to critcise, yes I know i asked for input buy why not try and think of ways to help him improve and give him some ideas not just pointing out the problems.

Chevyaudio
03-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I love how people with so low post count come here to critcise, yes I know i asked for input buy why not try and think of ways to help him improve and give him some ideas not just pointing out the problems.

:fyi: post count has nothing to do with knowledge

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:24 PM
PVAudio does know a good deal about box construction......seen his work from the beginning days, till most recent.

death by bass.....u ****. mucho amor

Agreed, death by bass go die slowly and just to let you know if you keep the attiude you are having right now your gonna be quickly hated on this forum.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:25 PM
:fyi: post count has nothing to do with knowledge

Ok yea true.

PV Audio
I mean, if it sounds good = :cool:

If you paid for it = :uhoh:

I also don't see why he painted the ports black and didn't carpet it, or is that coming later? It'll be mildly difficult with the panels uneven though.

blaze383
ok, so why does the port get twice as wide?

What do you mean twice as wide?

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I mean, if it sounds good = :cool:

If you paid for it = :uhoh:

I also don't see why he painted the ports black and didn't carpet it, or is that coming later? It'll be mildly difficult with the panels uneven though.

I didnt pay a dime for labor and yea I will prob carpet it later on and theres always a sander :D lol

Dan.
03-26-2006, 12:27 PM
If that was aimed at me, my knowledge of car audio I have to say is not that bad, Just because I have joined the forum means nothing. Other forums I have ~ 4000 posts

PhatTonyDeMarco

From the pictures, it appears that after the port bends at a 90 degree angle the port gets twice as wide.

blaze383
what attitude?

I originally came in here to defend you when those two guys posted critisism!!! :crazy:

SHEESH!

Ok once again I have made a mistake i'm just not havin a good day lol, i should have never even posted this thread.

Chevillac
Are the seams sealed? Is the box glued together or just screwed?

Dan.
03-26-2006, 12:28 PM
as shown here... http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box3.jpg

NhustlaR
eh im with pv... whatever about the 2 different woods, but the cuts are off :crap: and screw holes are offset, could keep going. Just hope you do something to cover that up if you actually plan on using it. Also, like everyone said, are those ports tuned the same? (they were talking about different port length/width whatever)

Whatever floats your boat....Next time tell him to take his time.

PV Audio
But I digress. Devillian's sister is getting lonely, so I'll be back later.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:29 PM
I didnt pay a dime for labor and yea I will prob carpet it later on and theres always a sander :D lol
Right on then bruh :)

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:29 PM
It is glued together.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:30 PM
In a dual chambered enclosure, the ports should be parallel. Otherwise, the tuning will be different which can inevitably cause the speakers to behave differently.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Well see im not a box genius so in the long run im learnin a lil bit right now, PV your a genius cuz your speakin a diff language to me lol

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I mean this:

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/9884/box36lu.jpg

Answer that **** question!

blaze383
03-26-2006, 12:36 PM
No the ports are the same width.

Chevyaudio
03-26-2006, 12:37 PM

Then what the hell are those screws holding?

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-26-2006, 12:37 PM

Pictures tell a different tale... Explain.

lifted95blaze
03-26-2006, 12:38 PM
ok i made the **** box.... ports are the exact same width wide and deep.... have none of yall ever heard that pics can be discieving.... and that pic is of the bottom of the box so i didnt worry about lining up the sides on the bottom to keep it from sliding around inthe back of his jeep like other boxes have that we've put in there .... a part that is never seen so why the hell should it be perfect, and yes the box will eventoually be carpeted and that is why i painted the ports, i screwed the box in a hurry to get it done for blaze383 b/c his sub came in and we wanted to hear it which DOESNT matter since it will be carpeted and noone will see that ****.... the box is screwed and glued for all the ********* that asked, IMO no box should be made w/o being glued

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Blaze, measure port wall 1, then measure port wall 2. From the picture it looks like they will be different measurements. It is not an optical illusion or camera angle.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:40 PM
He's right, as I said they need to be parallel to the first section. 2" in the front and 6" in the back doesn't work.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
ok i made the **** box.... ports are the exact same width wide and deep.... have none of yall ever heard that pics can be discieving.... and that pic is of the bottom of the box so i didnt worry about lining up the sides on the bottom to keep it from sliding around inthe back of his jeep like other boxes have that we've put in there .... a part that is never seen so why the hell should it be perfect, and yes the box will eventoually be carpeted and that is why i painted the ports, i screwed the box in a hurry to get it done for blaze383 b/c his sub came in and we wanted to hear it which DOESNT matter since it will be carpeted and noone will see that ****.... the box is screwed and glued for all the ********* that asked, IMO no box should be made w/o being glued
No, they aren't. I have 30/20 vision, and even I can tell that they aren't even close.

lifted95blaze
how doesnt it work when there plenty loud and clear as we speak ;)

Chevillac
I am a ******* for asking? After seeing this work I should be asking if you just randomly put pieces of wood together. Dont call me and others *********, your friend asked for critcism and what was/could be wrong with the box, we are asking all the questions to find out all the info we could about the box, so that we could then properly critique it.

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 12:43 PM
clearly its not the camera angle, as they are different at EVERY angle!!!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box2.jpg

even here you can tell its wider:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/bass383/box5.jpg

I said not.

:confused:
Unless you were just reiterating what I said?

Chevyaudio
I am a ******* for asking? After seeing this work I should be asking if you just randomly put pieces of wood together. Dont call me and others *********, your friend asked for critcism and what was/could be wrong with the box, we are asking all the questions to find out all the info we could about the box, so that we could then properly critique it.

indeed...

The box wasnt constructed properly and we are letting the man know whats wrong with his box.

lifted95blaze
No, they aren't. I have 30/20 vision, and even I can tell that they aren't even close.

**** i would love to see some of the pics of your CAULK boxes as mentioned earler:D

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I said not.

:confused:
Unless you were just reiterating what I said?
Why a ***** gotta get defensive? He was agreeing with you lol.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:45 PM
**** i would love to see some of the pics of your CAULK boxes as mentioned earler:D
Look for Jmac, he has a link in his sig. Mind you, I was 14. Either way, have fun.

lifted95blaze
03-26-2006, 12:46 PM
im only 15 ;)

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Im done. nvm.

Lemans, im the ABM of the forum I guess hahaha.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:47 PM
how doesnt it work when there plenty loud and clear as we speak ;)
Because you are getting mad because people are telling you that you made it incorrectly, and to a very large degree.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Im done. nvm.

Lemans, im the ABM of the forum I guess hahaha.
I'm faster than Karl Louis with the quote feature.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:49 PM
****, I didn't catch it.

PhatTonyDeMarco
im only 15 ;)

So that makes it better? Youre a nice guy for building a box for your buddy, but it could have been better... (Of course.)

PV Audio is only 16 and his boxes have dramatically improved.

Here is the his caulk ages...
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/655/mockinglemans2327zg.jpg

:D

blaze383
He did it all by himself and I appreciate the fact that he is willing enough to have helped me so I dont care if its not percise.

lifted95blaze
im not getting mad... im just saying that if the box only costed em the wood then why critisize the box..... it works and he's happy with it and loves the sound... aint that what matters in the end???

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-26-2006, 12:50 PM
im not getting mad... im just saying that if the box only costed em the wood then why critisize the box..... it works and he's happy with it and loves the sound... aint that what matters in the end???

He asked for criticism.... ;)

lifted95blaze
03-26-2006, 12:52 PM
So that makes it better? Youre a nice guy for building a box for your buddy, but it could have been better... (Of course.)

PV Audio is only 16 and his boxes have dramatically improved.

Here is the his caulk ages...
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/655/mockinglemans2327zg.jpg

:D

are all these sealed???

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 12:53 PM

Cuz he asked for it.

My buddy built this for me, I love the guy I just bought the wood and other materials and he built it for me, he is there when the times are rough lol, his username on here is lifted95blaze.....I am very very happy with the box the dimensions are 20L 42W 20H its for 2 Kicker CVR 15s but I only have one now its a work in progress I had a KX600.1 powering it but I just recently sold it but it slammed pretty hard while have really good sq at the same time which suprised me. Here are a few pics and yes they **** i know i know, no digi cam and he ran out of mdf when it came time to do the port and dividers but not a big deal I suppose cuz no one ever sees that, But leave your input on what ya think, thanks guys!!

and think of ways to help him improve and give him some ideas not just pointing out the problems.

PV Audio
He asked for criticism.... ;)
Lol i mean come on, that's like asking for a coke with your dinner and getting mad because you get a coca cola.

I'm 17 btw.

Chevyaudio
are all these sealed???
No

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:54 PM
are all these sealed???
No, none of them are. But they are tuned correctly ;)

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Excuse me, the gold HiVis are sealed. In fact, I loved those so much i rebuilt them as computer speakers. Would you like to see?

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 12:56 PM

Cuz he asked for it.

My buddy built this for me, I love the guy I just bought the wood and other materials and he built it for me, he is there when the times are rough lol, his username on here is lifted95blaze.....I am very very happy with the box the dimensions are 20L 42W 20H its for 2 Kicker CVR 15s but I only have one now its a work in progress I had a KX600.1 powering it but I just recently sold it but it slammed pretty hard while have really good sq at the same time which suprised me. Here are a few pics and yes they **** i know i know, no digi cam:( and he ran out of mdf when it came time to do the port and dividers but not a big deal I suppose cuz no one ever sees that, But leave your input on what ya think, thanks guys!!

and

I'm faster than Karl Louis with the quote feature.

O rly?

lifted95blaze
03-26-2006, 12:56 PM
the reason i asked is b/c i didnt see no vents or ports..... well on on the top middle sub but i couldnt tell if it was a port or not...... what ports did u use ? the plastic ones from a radioshak or something like that,..... not being sarcastic :)

Tirefryr
03-26-2006, 01:01 PM
PV, why are you always trying to bring people down? Someone posts photos of the enclosure and you immediately start the criticism like you are best enclosure builder out there. You start spouting off at the mouth about densities and damping. DO you REALLY have any idea what you are talking about?

YOu had to start somewhere too and people were on your *** hardcore about the **** you were producing. YOu should've learned from that experience and instead of being a **** to the guy who's not the best enclosure builder, you should try to help them so they don't have to put up with the **** you did. But no, you rag on them and put them down.

****, internet **** never bothers me, but this one just struck a nerve.

IamDeMan
03-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I didn't say you didn't know how to make a box, I said that construction wise, I doubt you could do any better...
Until you do searches for peoples projects and learn a bit about the members here, I'd keep your **** mouth shut. Until then your doubts and oppinions mean nothing.

In all honesty this box has some shoddy things about it, but if the end user gets the sound he wants from it then it's all good.

blaze383
03-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Until you do searches for peoples projects and learn a bit about the members here, I'd keep your **** mouth shut. Until then your doubts and oppinions mean nothing.

In all honesty this box has some shoddy things about it, but if the end user gets the sound he wants from it then it's all good.

Best response yet, thanks alot man:)

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9594/254rd.jpg

:)

flush trim router bit FTW

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
the reason i asked is b/c i didnt see no vents or ports..... well on on the top middle sub but i couldnt tell if it was a port or not...... what ports did u use ? the plastic ones from a radioshak or something like that,..... not being sarcastic :)
Plastic Parts Express tubing. Here are the computer speakers. Same design, all completed within 2 hours (I did NOT take my time), versus 4 hours last time.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/7613/pict07063jj.th.jpg (http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict07063jj.jpg)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5654/pict07280ji.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict07280ji.jpg)

Sound wonderful, and no they won't be finished (paint or veneer) because I don't really care.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
getting made fun of weeds out the weak.

u either kill yourself or get stronger....keep at it PVAudio

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
PV, why are you always trying to bring people down? Someone posts photos of the enclosure and you immediately start the criticism like you are best enclosure builder out there. You start spouting off at the mouth about densities and damping. DO you REALLY have any idea what you are talking about?

YOu had to start somewhere too and people were on your *** hardcore about the **** you were producing. YOu should've learned from that experience and instead of being a **** to the guy who's not the best enclosure builder, you should try to help them so they don't have to put up with the **** you did. But no, you rag on them and put them down.

****, internet **** never bothers me, but this one just struck a nerve.
Care to point me where I hated? Seems to me that he didn't take any offense at all. The thread starter didn't even make the box, it was his friend who got all angry about it.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 01:20 PM
yo pvaudio, what table is that? how much did it run you?

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:21 PM
getting made fun of weeds out the weak.

u either kill yourself or get stronger....keep at it PVAudio
Thank you, I don't know why tirefryr got angry because I told him that if he liked the sound that it's good enough.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
yo pvaudio, what table is that? how much did it run you?
Hitachi C50808230586203852035 something or another. 299 at lowes, it's the second model. They make the basic one which you have (the craftsman thing is the exact same thing), they make this one and then some construction grade thing that is like 500.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
ps: get the **** on aim hoe!

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Threadstarter, I meant no disrespect. If i somehow came off as mean, I apologize.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Grant, I'm on.

Tirefryr
03-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Care to point me where I hated? Seems to me that he didn't take any offense at all. The thread starter didn't even make the box, it was his friend who got all angry about it.

Plenty of your posts THROUGHOUT the forum. . . You gained a little bit of knowledge and experience and immediately you're an expert. . .:rolleyes: There's no need for you to say it outright, it's clearly conveyed in your type.

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Umm, alright then...I guess you're right in assuming that's how I think. ;)

But I'm not here to argue, so suit yourself. If you don't want to show me, then naturally nothing will change.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 01:42 PM
darwinism FTW

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 06:29 PM
what did u use to match those pieces to be exact.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
oh, shoulda went flush trim bit on a router. then again, its hard to control a router without a table.

glowin3232
03-26-2006, 06:53 PM
i read the 1st couple of pages in this thread and all i have to say is that there are some ****ing morons on this site

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 06:56 PM
i read the 1st couple of pages in this thread and all i have to say is that there are some ****ing morons on this site
:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Explain.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 07:03 PM
why? I then woulda had to cut one piece accuratly, then cut the other piece close to accurate, so I could use the flush bit... hmm.

no.....cut one how u want it, lay a square sheet over the design u want, corners lined up and just trace the edge. all it is, is a straight cut bit with a wheel. dont have to cut close at all, could go through a full sheet of MDF as long as u have a pattern for it to follow.

glowin3232
03-26-2006, 07:05 PM
:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Explain.
dont feel like it

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM
So,

Nevermind...

edit: ;)

PV Audio
03-26-2006, 07:35 PM
dont feel like it
And thus, your opinion is worth less than the **** I just took.

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
And thus, your opinion is worth less than the **** I just took.
:word: I pmed him cuz I didnt want to start shitting all over this thread again.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 08:04 PM
u obviously dont know what the bit does lol. but anyways, its look pretty good, just woulda done it different.

baseballer1100
03-26-2006, 08:23 PM
**** how much did those cost?

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 08:25 PM
care to explain how the port was done? in all seriousness...it looks ******

baseballer1100
03-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice port btw.

Chevillac
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Thats really nice man.

saywhat?
03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
just so i know kinda what happened was, u cut a ring the size of the pvc , attached it via glue, then set that on your baffle, screwed in place, just cut something big enuff to get your into , then flush trimmed it, then came back with a round over? right?