PDA

View Full Version : friends HU

_DjScrew_
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
well i put a sony is his car a few months back.it's been working fine all these months. then he says he hit a huge bump or something and now it dosen't work. i checked the wiring and fuses and everything looked fine. any ideas?

Prowler573
03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
well i put a sony is his car a few months back.it's been working fine all these months. then he says he hit a huge bump or something and now it dosen't work. i checked the wiring and fuses and everything looked fine. any ideas?

What mode was the unit in when he hit said bump? If it in CD mode then the impact may have misaligned something in the transport....if the unit does not work at all anymore then the impact may have damaged something on the main board.

My suggestion would be to remove the unit from his car and test it outside of the vehicle (if you have a method for doing so, that is) to see just exactly what shape it is in operationally.

_DjScrew_
03-25-2006, 02:20 PM
thanks prowler. and yea he was listening to a cd at the time, so i assumed it was dead also. he is on his way over right now. thanks man