PDA

View Full Version : Question #2 1 amp to mids and 1 amp to tweets?

Depression
03-25-2006, 01:44 AM
I know it is possible...yet may depend on component choice...but what exactly are the guidlines for seperate amps to power the Mid subs and tweeters..I realize RMS issues etc...but is this a "Un-orthodox set up"..Can only certain component sets be arranged in such a way???
Basically I have 2 Arc Audio amps 2050CXL's. 2X70 watts at 4 ohms each...I am gonna end up with an extra amp if I only use 1 amp for the components...I would Love to get a Better set of Components and Fuel them with 2 amps..Is this a nightmare or pretty typical?explain..

Thanks again Yall!
-DON

Colin+M
03-25-2006, 12:51 PM
shouldn't be a problem running one amp to the mids and one amp to the tweets, just make sure the new component set is bi-ampable, as in the crossover has input for mids and tweets.

squeak9798
03-25-2006, 12:55 PM
You have two options. Either bi-amp (assuming the passives will allow it) or run active with an active crossover.

alphakenny1
03-25-2006, 01:20 PM
yes thats okay but if you want to sell me one of those arc's feel free to do so :D.

squeak9798
03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
You have two options. Either bi-amp (assuming the passives will allow it) or run active with an active crossover.

Actually, you have a third option aswell.

Run each amp bridged mono, one amp per side.

This option will give you the most total power, and is a better option than just biamping.

6spdcoupe
03-25-2006, 08:41 PM
It would also be the easiest option and would open the field of options Alot more than searching for a biampable set.