PDA

View Full Version : best size speaker for vocals

snfsh79077
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
i currently has 2 6 1/2s and 2 6x9s powered with an amp and i was thinkin about gettin two more speakers and was wondering which size is the best for vocals.

RandyJ
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I think you are stuck thinking that quanity is better than quality. I think you will receive better results going with something like 6" or 6.5" components in properly deadened/located doors or kick panels with sufficient power and equalization.

RandyJ
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
BUT, if you insist (SP?) on going with quanity, then I would say 6.5" would suffice.

snfsh79077
03-26-2006, 05:57 PM
well i have eclipse 6.5 and 6x9s powered by an eclipse and they sound great i was just wondering if i were to add another set like a component system which would be better as in 5.25 or 6.5

helotaxi
03-26-2006, 08:50 PM
If you add another set I would say that no matter what you add it is going to sound worse. Adding more speakers isn't the key to better sound. Usually, less is more as far as sound quality goes. Less speakers means less cancellation, means less peaky response means less annoying resonances that lead to listening fatigue. It's also less amp channels you have to worry about, less wire you have to run and less speakers you have to find a place for. Furthermore it's less money you have to spend on speakers and all the other above support stuff for them.

Plain and simple better sound with less, pretty much a no brainer. Get one good set of components for the front and power them well. Rear fill is up to you, but I and many others here don't like it. The money you save on all the other stuff you can spend on a better set of component speakers.

RandyJ
03-26-2006, 09:06 PM
If you add another set I would say that no matter what you add it is going to sound worse. Adding more speakers isn't the key to better sound. Usually, less is more as far as sound quality goes. Less speakers means less cancellation, means less peaky response means less annoying resonances that lead to listening fatigue. It's also less amp channels you have to worry about, less wire you have to run and less speakers you have to find a place for. Furthermore it's less money you have to spend on speakers and all the other above support stuff for them.

Plain and simple better sound with less, pretty much a no brainer. Get one good set of components for the front and power them well. Rear fill is up to you, but I and many others here don't like it. The money you save on all the other stuff you can spend on a better set of component speakers.

The things I try to express I find you expressing better lately.:blush: