PDA

View Full Version : To eD or not to eD,that is the question

Ignatowski
03-23-2006, 05:39 PM
since the posers at Adescent refunded my money on the defunct Arco comps
I am looking to replace my hex's with eD6500's
or
should i be looking at something else,I WANT MIDBASS and SMOOTH TWEETS
my hex's have no midbass and a somewhat bright tweet,and really just bore me to tears

suggestions?

Randy Savage
03-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Just get some CDT's.

Say no to eDuh.

ngsm13
03-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Get the poly set ;)...

nG

LoudCrownVic
03-23-2006, 06:45 PM
WHY IS ELEMENTAL DESIGNS SO BAD?

Tell me now or I will ****ing go nuts.

Randy Savage
03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
WHY IS ELEMENTAL DESIGNS SO BAD?

Tell me now or I will ****ing go nuts.

The owner is one of the biggest car audio scumbags in the history of teh world.

He's giving Matt Overpeck a run for his money.

Ape
03-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Snag some CDTs, just get the goods from the source.

LoudCrownVic
03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
The owner is one of the biggest car audio scumbags in the history of teh world.

He's giving Matt Overpeck a run for his money.

Eh.... Wha?

I almost spent a bunch of money there (8 eu700's) their product appears to be good, how is a scumbag owner going to affect audio performance?

I dislike seriously scumbags, I just don't know how so that he is such a scumbag...

slick rick
03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Rainbow SLC's...

iagrdshaka
03-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Sometime this summer Im going to get a picture of me pissing on the eDuh sign. :up2somet: lol

ndnbolla
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Eh.... Wha?

I almost spent a bunch of money there (8 eu700's) their product appears to be good, how is a scumbag owner going to affect audio performance?

I dislike seriously scumbags, I just don't know how so that he is such a scumbag...

Contrary to what Ben (creator of eD) has done in the past, right NOW, eD as a whole has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

The whole eD crew is pretty experienced and will give you help with whatever caraudio. And if you want to go with the eu700s, go for it. I have heard some pretty descent things about them, and not just on icix.

Back on topic, i've never heard the ed6500's but from what I have READ, they seem be pretty good for the money.

Don't let some eD haters get in your way.

Randy Savage
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Eh.... Wha?

Do a search here...you'll find plenty of posts on the topic of Ben and his scumbaggish-ness.

Also, they have less product stability then the Iraqi government...I've never seen a company go through as many buildhouse changes or product line changes.

FoxPro5
03-23-2006, 07:14 PM
ED is an easy target. People just like to rip on them because everyone else does. The owner of the company has sort of a bad reputation around the forums....people seem to either hate them or love them. I personally don't support the company because of all negative feedback and because I was banned from ISUX for telling the truth about my experience with one of their products. Read my install log and you will know which one ;)

Excelerater, are your doors properly sealed and deadened? What is your budget?

I agree with the Rainbow SLC recommendation.

slick rick
03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Do a search here...you'll find plenty of posts on the topic of Ben and his scumbaggish-ness.

Also, they have less product stability then the Iraqi government...I've never seen a company go through as many buildhouse changes or product line changes.
+1 on everything. I remember the nice long threads back in the day.

Randy Savage
03-23-2006, 07:17 PM
And before another person tries to call me a hater...like I've said plenty of times, I've had several transactions with that 'company'

Ignatowski
03-23-2006, 07:25 PM
ED is an easy target. People just like to rip on them because everyone else does. The owner of the company has sort of a bad reputation around the forums....people seem to either hate them or love them. I personally don't support the company because of all negative feedback and because I was banned from ISUX for telling the truth about my experience with one of their products. Read my install log and you will know which one ;)

Excelerater, are your doors properly sealed and deadened? What is your budget?

I agree with the Rainbow SLC recommendation.

My trucks doors will be somewhat treated,and my budget is 300.

Where do u buy Rainbow's?

slick rick
03-23-2006, 07:50 PM
you have PM.

FoxPro5
03-23-2006, 08:04 PM
My trucks doors will be somewhat treated,and my budget is 300.

Where do u buy Rainbow's?

I'm pretty sure there are some nice ones in the FS section right now ;)

Otherwise the Jersey boys 6spdcoupe and 3.5max seem to have the goods.

slick rick
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
those profi van's are at a sick price. :) ya the derty jersey boys got the stuff.

Ignatowski
03-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I am also eyeing
the OZ MatrixElite 6.5s

Pyro_By_Nature
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Who's adescent? lol :p: it's ascendent.

A few different sets from CDT would seem to fit your bill, even though I personally do not like them.

SurgicaL
03-23-2006, 10:08 PM
How about the Seas Lotus Performance/Reference range (budget depending)
Run active and you can have a set of either of those for reasonable.

flakko
03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
the seas performance is in his price range (i think?)

also them OZ ME's hit a perfect in an SQ comp some time ago, but its all in the install ;)

locotony
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Mitch If you want Unbiased opion go to eac and ask the same qeustion and you will get intelligent replies as you know that most of the people here are very biased against ED due to about 4-5 idiots who really have more of a personal beef with Ben Milne. I don't care what they say happened with their flatcone K,O, or A bottom line is ED has a great products now at a good price and certain people here cannot get over crap that happened 2 years ago. Ascendent seems to be doing the same crap noew that half these people get on ED about but now that they are their pet company they don't care, I wonder if the BS with them keeps up if the peeps here will start to bad mouth them the same way.

I have heard the CDT HD's, and Cl's and 6500s and 6000s and can guarantee the are not the same speakers. they may have the same xover but the speakers have different charecteristics.

Oh yeah Seas Perfs or Rainbows would be great for what you want.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Mitch If you want Unbiased opion go to eac and ask the same qeustion and you will get intelligent replies as you know that most of the people here are very biased against ED due to about 4-5 idiots who really have more of a personal beef with Ben Milne. I don't care what they say happened with their flatcone K,O, or A bottom line is ED has a great products now at a good price and certain people here cannot get over crap that happened 2 years ago. Ascendent seems to be doing the same crap noew that half these people get on ED about but now that they are their pet company they don't care, I wonder if the BS with them keeps up if the peeps here will start to bad mouth them the same way.

I have heard the CDT HD's, and Cl's and 6500s and 6000s and can guarantee the are not the same speakers. they may have the same xover but the speakers have different charecteristics.

Oh yeah Seas Perfs or Rainbows would be great for what you want.

You're a douchebag.

I bet you post on ICIX?

How about that German radio preorder? Looks like it followed the lines of every other preorder eDuh has ever attempted to go through with...

Instead of taking preorders to get money to BUY THE PRODUCT YOU DON'T EVEN ****ING HAVE, why not order the god **** equipment before you take money for it, like every other successful company has?

I hate douchebags that come here and spew the same "oh it's only like 5 people and they have a problem with Ben, so they are jackasses".

How about this...I was in 2 preorders, that were pushed on for MONTHS after I was PROMISED a product by X date. Every time I inquired, it was 'oh, we received them, we are just testing them before they go out, should ship in a few days' bullshit. Yet, they charged my card right after I made the initial order.

Oh, and lets not forget Ben lying to me about getting a few recones for the e-logo K's that he said parts are no longer manufactured for, when Destijl has a whole ****ing warehouse of said parts.

So, is he done with Image Dynamics now? Is that why they are selling off a hundred or so woofers that look like they were intended for eDuh?

On to the next buildhouse, I suppose :naughty:

RandyJ
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
ser o no ser

slick rick
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
I can verify similar instances: I waited for months on "preorder" for 2 13 kv2's and one month after the original date they were supposed to be in, I cancelled my order and got some shivas with no remorse.:) turns out it took another 4-5 months AFTER I cancelled my order for those subs to ever make it into production. moreover, my roomate had an old ED K series (blue E logo) and when it blew because Ben said it would take 600 watts daily, they said they had no more K's to replace it and wanted $120 to "upgrade" to an A-series. He respectfully declined.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh, and the best was this.

Someone said 30% of their K drivers were defective, and Ben said someone pulled that number out of their ***.

So, I did a little research, where Ben personally said that 300 out of around 1000 of the K drivers were defective on Soundillusions.net

When I went to ICIX to post this information (where there was a thread that Ben said those numbers were BS), my post was deleted and I was banned. All I did was copy/paste what he said from Soundillusions.....

slick rick
03-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh, and the best was this.

Someone said 30% of their K drivers were defective, and Ben said someone pulled that number out of their ***.

So, I did a little research, where Ben personally said that 300 out of around 1000 of the K drivers were defective on Soundillusions.net

When I went to ICIX to post this information (where there was a thread that Ben said those numbers were BS), my post was deleted and I was banned. All I did was copy/paste what he said from Soundillusions.....

IIRC somebody posted pix of a substantial amount of broken drivers at ED to verify this.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
IIRC somebody posted pix of a substantial amount of broken drivers at ED to verify this.

That was Loyd. Posted full pallets of defective drivers.

Loyd also went through 27 or so recones on his 4 15" K's...with 300w/piece.

The buildhouse for those drivers told Ben that those subs should see no more then 300w. He told customers they can take up to 900w.

flakko
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
lol i knew something like this would happen. i personally have nothing against eD iteslf, but after being banned from that dictatorship ICIX like 3 times, i hate them.

i say we pull a V for Vendetta on them

locotony
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
You're a douchebag.

I bet you post on ICIX?

Yes I do

How about that German radio preorder? Looks like it followed the lines of every other preorder eDuh has ever attempted to go through with...

Um it was russian and I got my money back promptly

Instead of taking preorders to get money to BUY THE PRODUCT YOU DON'T EVEN ****ING HAVE, why not order the god **** equipment before you take money for it, like every other successful company has?

Um it was a group buy no money was leaving the states until they were positive of warranty support

I hate douchebags that come here and spew the same "oh it's only like 5 people and they have a problem with Ben, so they are jackasses".

So what it always seems to be the same people in every thread with ED mentioned that slam ED

How about this...I was in 2 preorders, that were pushed on for MONTHS after I was PROMISED a product by X date. Every time I inquired, it was 'oh, we received them, we are just testing them before they go out, should ship in a few days' bullshit. Yet, they charged my card right after I made the initial order.

Had the Same issue of waiting 8 Months for my 13Ov2 but my card was never charged until it shipped

Oh, and lets not forget Ben lying to me about getting a few recones for the e-logo K's that he said parts are no longer manufactured for, when Destijl has a whole ****ing warehouse of said parts.

I don't really know the whole store there but am guessing someone would not sell hime the parts but i really can't comment>

So, is he done with Image Dynamics now? Is that why they are selling off a hundred or so woofers that look like they were intended for eDuh?

On to the next buildhouse, I suppose :naughty:

If you look at the specs they are not the same woofers open your eyes.

This is one of the main reasons I rarely post here as people are too Immature to look at facts vs listening to the I got screwed bandwagon, Yes I run a pretty much all ED setup right now, and have never had and issue with a product other than v1se and that was taken care of. I have run zapco, linear, orion, soundstream, ppi, ADS, JL, and the Old Zed built Hifonics stuff over the last 20 years and have to say that I have only received better customer service from Soundstream when they where in their Prime. Is ed my Favorite brand? No, it is what I am running at this time. If I had the Cash I would have all Audison Amps and probably Seas Lotus comps, But would still keep my 13Ov2.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Yes I do

Um it was russian and I got my money back promptly

Um it was a group buy no money was leaving the states until they were positive of warranty support

So what it always seems to be the same people in every thread with ED mentioned that slam ED

Had the Same issue of waiting 8 Months for my 13Ov2 but my card was never charged until it shipped

I don't really know the whole store there but am guessing someone would not sell hime the parts but i really can't comment>

If you look at the specs they are not the same woofers open your eyes.

This is one of the main reasons I rarely post here as people are too Immature to look at facts vs listening to the I got screwed bandwagon, Yes I run a pretty much all ED setup right now, and have never had and issue with a product other than v1se and that was taken care of. I have run zapco, linear, orion, soundstream, ppi, ADS, JL, and the Old Zed built Hifonics stuff over the last 20 years and have to say that I have only received better customer service from Soundstream when they where in their Prime. Is ed my Favorite brand? No, it is what I am running at this time. If I had the Cash I would have all Audison Amps and probably Seas Lotus comps, But would still keep my 13Ov2.

Sorry, Russian. Makes a whole world of difference.

Fact of the matter is, Ben should have done his research before he starts taking other peoples money, like he's done before. Why take money from customers if you are unsure of product ever being delivered? Horrible business ethics, as Ben has shown time and time again.

I waited several months for my 2 15A's...and my card was charged the next day after the order. I think I waited something like 5-6 months?

Also got charged on an original nine.1 order, waited several months for that, then the amps 'got stuck in Korea'. Yeah.

If Ben were to tell me he cannot acquire the parts, and point me to where I can, then ok...but to tell me that no one makes them, only to find out I can get a large quantity of the same parts, is bullshit.

I've never seen such shady business practices before. He's a horrible businessman, and he's shown that several times in the past. I'd truly be afraid to give him any more of my money.

I've dealt with just about every major car audio company there is- whether it be from a business standpoint, or a consumer standpoint. The pure crap that Ben spews to people is truly amazing.

Have fun with eDuh, and keep on truckin with the 1-year wait preorders.

desertheat
03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
<<<< from a nutral standpoint, I think there amps are ****. But knowing what they have done to people in the industry first hand, I would never deal with them. I know good and bad people in the industry. I know business is business. However I can spend my money anyplace I like and **** amps or not, I will not spend it with them. Is there anything wrong with ed products in general? Nope. Just budget equipment sold at a budget price. Good solid performing gear "mainly because they have not designed any of there own gear that I know of haha"

iagrdshaka
03-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Mitch If you want Unbiased opion go to eac and ask the same qeustion and you will get intelligent replies as you know that most of the people here are very biased against ED due to about 4-5 idiots who really have more of a personal beef with Ben Milne. I don't care what they say happened with their flatcone K,O, or A bottom line is ED has a great products now at a good price and certain people here cannot get over crap that happened 2 years ago.

Sir you do not have all of your facts straight about Ben aka The Douchebag. Gotta love empty promises and burnt bridges.

I bet Ben doesnt even give you a reach around at ISUX. :sick: ***** for you doesnt it. BTW I think its funny that one of the biggest idiots to ever to view the internet is actually a member of the Nazi mod team over there. thumperfbc I dont know if the man was born retarded or just plain fucked in the ear by Ben so much that he just turned into a mental patient. :crazy:

eisenhower
03-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I bought an eD 16kv2 and nine.2, a few years ago.
The sub was replaced by an ascendant audio atlas, which was a huge upgrade, for the same price as the kv2, and I hope to replace the amp later since it keeps overheating and gpong into protect.

I should also mention that I've been banned twice on icix for no apparent reason, maybe because I didn't kiss their asses every other post, and yet they keep me on their **** mailing list and they wont stop ****ing emailing no matter how hard I tried, I eventually just blocked them.

eD is simply no better than any company you find on the wall at circuit city, plain as that. Not bad for the money, but not great either.
I know a few people who love eD, which is fine, but I havent had a terrific expirience with them myself.

flakko
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
<<<< from a nutral standpoint, I think there amps are ****.

i agree. had a 9.2 for a few months... the equipment is a little above mediocre at best. good bang for the buck

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 05:34 PM
eD is simply no better than any company you find on the wall at circuit city, plain as that. Not bad for the money, but not great either

I dunno about everyone else, but I'd take a CC sold MTX/Kicker/Eclipse amp over a eDuh amp any day of the week. :)

ngsm13
03-24-2006, 05:41 PM
I dunno about everyone else, but I'd take a CC sold MTX/Kicker/Eclipse amp over a eDuh amp any day of the week. :)

x2...

You mean... VALUE ELECTRONICS amp correct?

nG

flakko
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
x2...

You mean... VALUE ELECTRONICS amp correct?

nG

hey hey Value electronics solid stuff ;)

i guess eD's logo made it look nice hehe.

eisenhower
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM

With the type marketing they do, it seems the goal for eD to get themselves on the CC wall.

flakko
03-24-2006, 05:54 PM
hold hold on. i just read that thread about the cancelation of the order of the HU's on ICIX....

Wise move Ben. Sometimes things just don't work out in the world of business, and I applaud your efforts to make that product available. Sounds like a prudent thing to do in moving away from that deal (from the way it sounds). You've always impressed me as being a pretty smart guy with a good business sense. Now you can dedicate your efforts to getting those AV2's into production for us !....(I've been resisting purchasing any other subs until those AV2's are released). Keep me at the top of the list when they're ready....(hopefully they'll be available with black cones this go-round).

Hats off to you Ben, you've made the right call. Sounds as though they need a major business ethics upgrade! Thanks for the effort of putting this deal together, and as you said "When holding a group buy it's our responsibility to do what is best for our clients. In this instance I do not believe it is in anyone’s best interest to move forward." I agree completely, but it sadens me to see a 3 in 1 component slip away......

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

edit: one more!

I feel very sorry! I like this HU very much and I respect the engineers making it. They are a great team (remember? they're a separate company). But the things that the owner of the trademark does make me feel really bad. Looks like those people don't know how to do business. It was an incredible opportunity to finally present the real product (not an exhibition sample) to the western market and it looks like they put all their efforts toward wasting that opportunity. I feel very-very sorry and disappointed.

lol ironyyyyy!

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 05:55 PM
That is funny.

Gee, instead of doing some research, why don't I take people's money...then see if this is for real or not?

jujumantb
03-24-2006, 06:15 PM
This is one of the main reasons I rarely post here as people are too Immature to look at facts vs listening to the I got screwed bandwagon,
x2

The ED thing has gotten blown up because of people who post negative things about them every opportunity they can regardless of whether they have had experience, or whether that experience is currently valid. I;m sick of somebody asking about an ED product and getting a reply:
"eduh haha (im clever how I used 'duh') they **** the owner is a douche and that makes all their current products ESPECIALLY the one being talked about horrible.."
Whether you like Ben really doesnt matter, whether their product line 2 years ago was good or not equally doesnt matter. Give it a rest...

FYI, I dont run ED, though I have used their drivers from every line since the beginning without ever having a single problem with the company or their products.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Bad business practice is bad business practice, period.

Would you deal with Enron if they opened back up?

jujumantb
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Bad business practice is bad business practice, period.
cry about it, the business world is ruthless, nothing Ben ever did had enough grounding for not dealing with them, I was rewarded for this educated decision by owning many great products from them. I bet you dont shop at target/walmart etc because of their questional business practices too huh :rolleyes: Give me a break, you guys have some personal vendetta against them that is getting extremely old.

Pyro_By_Nature
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Didn't Ben say himself they never will make Av2's??

Silly n00bs, riding Ben's ****.

Pyro_By_Nature
03-24-2006, 06:30 PM
The buildhouse for those drivers told Ben that those subs should see no more then 300w. He told customers they can take up to 900w.

You know, he has a real knack (sp?) for overrating subs.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 06:31 PM
cry about it, the business world is ruthless, nothing Ben ever did had enough grounding for not dealing with them, I was rewarded for this educated decision by owning many great products from them. I bet you dont shop at target/walmart etc because of their questional business practices too huh :rolleyes: Give me a break, you guys have some personal vendetta against them that is getting extremely old.

Walmart never took my money and had me wait 6 months for a product, whilst promising said product should arrive in a few days, over and over again.

Do I have a personal vendetta against him? Ummm...yup. After all, he did lie to me on several occasions.

Chevyaudio
03-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Walmart never took my money and had me wait 6 months for a product, whilst promising said product should arrive in a few days, over and over again.

Do I have a personal vendetta against him? Ummm...yup. After all, he did lie to me on several occasions.

wal-mart also never sold me deadener that had the same amount of adhesion as a brick....and then sold me more deadener they called "new and improved" and it was the same dammn ****....eD FTL

jujumantb
03-24-2006, 06:37 PM

And because of this, lets rag on everything having to do with ED... Give me a break, get over it, things get messed up sometimes, if you had an ounce of class in you, you would have posted that to begin with, sharing your experience by saying "ED took my money and had me wait 6 months for a product, whilst promising said product should arrive in a few days, over and over again." is a good contribution to a thread asking about ED.

FoxPro5
03-24-2006, 06:38 PM
i personally have nothing against eD iteslf, but after being banned from that dictatorship ICIX like 3 times, i hate them.

i say we pull a V for Vendetta on them

aawww man you made the 3 timer's club....I'm only at 2....I gotta catch up!!:crap:

Put it this way boys, the only reason ED is still in business is that people keep buying their products. You don't need to bash them, just don't give them your money. If no one supports them, they go out of business. There are like 25000 members on this forum....that's a lot of potential customers!

I personally feel that SOME of their products have good value, but I just don't agree with the way the company is run, nor do I particularly care for it's owner's attitude and the way he chooses to run it's forum.

jujumantb
03-24-2006, 06:39 PM
wal-mart also never sold me deadener that had the same amount of adhesion as a brick....and then sold me more deadener they called "new and improved" and it was the same dammn ****....eD FTL
learn to install son, my v1 and v2 is still sticks like nothing else to my trunk lid and panels...

(I guess I take back my previous statement, I DO run ED deadener, not by choice, that **** wont come off if I tried)

jujumantb
03-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I personally feel that SOME of their products have good value, but I just don't agree with the way the company is run, nor do I particularly care for it's owner's attitude and the way he chooses to run it's forum.
Agreed to a point, but I also feel that way about TONS of companies (target/walmart as cited earlier) yet I have worked for and continue to shop at Target because they have good products.

Chevyaudio
03-24-2006, 06:41 PM
learn to install son, my v1 and v2 is still sticks like nothing else to my trunk lid and panels...

(I guess I take back my previous statement, I DO run ED deadener, not by choice, that **** wont come off if I tried)

Funny how my Damplifier is still there, and I worked in an Install shop for 2 years and installed countless amounts of Dynamat, Stinger Roadkill, and Tsunami Silencer, and I never had a customer come back with a faulty install. Dont question My install abilities.

jujumantb
03-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Dont question My install abilities.
Well I am... hell, I didnt even use a heat gun on mine :rolleyes: If it makes you feel better, go ahead and blame it on a "bad batch" of the stuff, you are probably good at making up "facts" about ED's products.

Chevyaudio
03-24-2006, 06:44 PM
aawww man you made the 3 timer's club....I'm only at 2....I gotta catch up!!:crap:

Put it this way boys, the only reason ED is still in business is that people keep buying their products. You don't need to bash them, just don't give them your money. If no one supports them, they go out of business. There are like 25000 members on this forum....that's a lot of potential customers!

They gave up on banning my various user names. So Chevyaudio=IP ban
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3677/ipban4sp.png

LoudCrownVic
03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Eh, **** eD, if it's questionable quality, why waste the money? Plus, I found name brand 8" subs for $50 a PAIR from a member here, why buy eu700's?

Chevyaudio
03-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Well I am... hell, I didnt even use a heat gun on mine :rolleyes: If it makes you feel better, go ahead and blame it on a "bad batch" of the stuff, you are probably good at making up "facts" about ED's products.

You know what...call it bad batch, hell call it on my install abilities, but what was really the kick in the face was, when I was sold V1 and I ordered V1SE, and eD refused to exchange it out.

Randy Savage
03-24-2006, 06:51 PM
And because of this, lets rag on everything having to do with ED... Give me a break, get over it, things get messed up sometimes, if you had an ounce of class in you, you would have posted that to begin with, sharing your experience by saying "ED took my money and had me wait 6 months for a product, whilst promising said product should arrive in a few days, over and over again." is a good contribution to a thread asking about ED.

I've stated my dealings with them multiple times on this forum.

And 'things get messed up sometimes' is the understatement of the year.

Aside from all of my dealings with eDuh...the thing that got to me the most is his nazi-like actions on ICIX.

He said one thing...got presented with the truth, which completely dispelled what he was trying to prove (with his own words, nonetheless), and he deletes it, and deletes my account.

What a brave, brave man.

FoxPro5
03-24-2006, 07:00 PM
You know what...call it bad batch, hell call it on my install abilities, but what was really the kick in the face was, when I was sold V1 and I ordered V1SE, and eD refused to exchange it out.

Well if it was a bad batch....It certainly made it's way to me on two seperate occations. Now you know why they call it e-DEAD :eyebrow:

Eldorado
03-24-2006, 07:26 PM
So are the poly mids avaliable or not ?
What about the Arbiters ?
Thats all i need to know.

eisenhower
03-24-2006, 07:34 PM

I've seen many threads with people having problems with e-dead, to generalize like that and blame the "installation" is a classic move.

germanyt
03-25-2006, 01:09 AM
i keep hearing complaints about preorders and backorders. i ordered two nine.1s and 250 sq ft of v1se2 and got it in three days. i frequent icix and anytime i have a question for ben i get a response within 30 min unless its the middle of the night. he is very knowledgable and i believe he has a good company with good products. i have to say, these amps are amazing. better than the pre directed ppi i had just recently(pcx2400=great amp). the edead isn't terrific but its worth 1.50 a sq ft. three layers everywhere did the job. overall id say 8 out of 10

germanyt
03-25-2006, 01:14 AM

i did mine in 35 degree weather with no heat gun and it aint coming up. even got a piece in my hair. that ******

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Most of my friends fell off.
It doesnt like heat very well.

flakko
03-25-2006, 02:12 AM
anyone got pix of my trunk lid before the HAzmat? i think dennis does

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 02:13 AM
lol
yours was bad

ngsm13
03-25-2006, 02:19 AM
TimB on this site... from Columbus...

I was just there and saw all the eDead falling off of his trunk lid and side walls...

Gay.

nG

flakko
03-25-2006, 02:22 AM
http://img213.echo.cx/img213/9384/pict06302gt.jpg

^^^ there it is :laugh: at least a couple slabs stuck on there.

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:03 AM
wow,WTF happend to this tread I started...
who knew it would cause a stirr?

Look peeps,I have had dealings with eD and I have had nothing but a
plesent experience,obviosly we have a few haters,most of which were guys that were causing trouble from the get go with eD himself.
Myself,I was just looking for suggestions and thoughts about the 6500's
which from all acounts of what I have been reading are good speakers,I havent made up my mind yet but I am seriosly considering Morel's end of story
bye

and snova031 grow the fvck up,you act like a little crybaby biotch
which is pretty typical of the Babylon LI population,nothing but biches

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:13 AM
wich morels you buyin? dotechs?

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:15 AM
wich morels you buyin? dotechs?
I was lookin at Elates,the ones with the ladybug lookin Xover...\
flagship model for the win but the line up confuses me a bit

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:16 AM
I think flakko was looking at those to
How ironic
that xover is massive too

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:17 AM
o_O waitaminute... you goin from the eD 6500's to considering like a $1000 MSRP component set?

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:20 AM
o_O waitaminute... you goin from the eD 6500's to considering like a $1000 MSRP component set?

yup,screw it I want the best I can find.......
I won 24Gs last night on the slot machines

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Iridium 8.3's
Comparable to the Elates but better

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:22 AM

ah isee i guess money aint a thang. although people on DIYMA have been saying the tweets are TOOO laid back, like nothing was comin outa them.

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Or get the top of the line rainbows

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:24 AM
ah isee i guess money aint a thang. although people on DIYMA have been saying the tweets are TOOO laid back, like nothing was comin outa them.

the DIYMA peeps crack me up, a very tighly wound group

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:29 AM
Or get the top of the line rainbows

egch im considering morel cuz i can hopefully get a pretty good price on them.

or maybe i can get a resellers license and start pimping Seas, Vifa, Peerless stuff :p:

the DIYMA peeps crack me up, a very tighly wound group

word.... its seas or nothing

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:30 AM
Or the arbiters if AA has any left
Imma call them on friday

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Morels are difficult to find,I am just wanting the best now
no holds barred comps...I am not getting into all the DIY stuff
as I dont have the time or the energy to search for a driver then a tweet
and then install it and tweek it for 2 weeks and then be dissapointed because
I didnt add a cotton ball to the left side of the magnet as per a DIY trick

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Imma call them on friday

they have/had them? they didnt call me... stupid people...

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:35 AM
Imma call them on friday

AA is the biggest bunch of jackasses I have ever attempted to do
business with...I got my 224.00 back 3 days ago from the Arco preorder
bulldshite which was nothing but a dissapointing experience :furious:
and you guys bash eD LOL,AA is way worse of an establichment

Flakko,dont you ever sleep?

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:39 AM
AA is the biggest bunch of jackasses I have ever attempted to do
business with...I got my 224.00 back 3 days ago from the Arco preorder
bulldshite which was nothing but a dissapointing experience :furious:
and you guys bash eD LOL,AA is way worse of an establichment

Flakko,dont you ever sleep?

nah man..... im hooked on this thing..... all i ever do is go on here... i cant stop... once i get a job during the summer....

edit: well, the reason i hate eD right now is due to ICIX. i mean whats up with the dictatorship there? like i said earlier... v for vendetta anyone?

AA has its quirks as well that goes for a whole lot of other businesses

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Honestly, i could care less about either company
But for $200 for the acro's that is a serious bargian
even though no one got them

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Honestly, i could care less about either company
But for $200 for the acro's that is a serious bargian
even though no one got them

dood,it was a bargain that was never going to happen
JUST SAY NO TO PREORDERS !:D

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:43 AM
I really want the Arbiter TM's though
I dont need a xover and to buy the tweeters alone is like $100+
DIY takes to long too

flakko
03-25-2006, 04:43 AM
dood,it was a bargain that was never going to happen
JUST SAY NO TO PREORDERS !:D

thats true huh? eD, AA, freakin Ology (what happun?) all preorders have been late or never happened.

im going to bed. im tired.

Ignatowski
03-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Iridium 8.3's
Comparable to the Elates but better

morebetterer :crazy:

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 04:49 AM
morebetterer :crazy:
i guess that works :p:

pikers
03-25-2006, 01:15 PM

Just like every other 3rd tier audio brand on the planet. Like AudioBahn, Planet Audio, Audio Pipe (whatever the f^&k that is), Kenwood, and so on...

FoxPro5
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM

By "G's" you mean thousand right? As in $24,000 USD? ***, we need to hang out dude....that is some serious coin. Well if that's the case, please buy these so I can live vicariously through you: http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=1&art=231778

Eldorado
03-25-2006, 05:26 PM
That xover is a beast !

Randy Savage
03-26-2006, 10:51 PM
wow,WTF happend to this tread I started...
who knew it would cause a stirr?

Look peeps,I have had dealings with eD and I have had nothing but a
plesent experience,obviosly we have a few haters,most of which were guys that were causing trouble from the get go with eD himself.
Myself,I was just looking for suggestions and thoughts about the 6500's
which from all acounts of what I have been reading are good speakers,I havent made up my mind yet but I am seriosly considering Morel's end of story
bye

and snova031 grow the fvck up,you act like a little crybaby biotch
which is pretty typical of the Babylon LI population,nothing but biches

Shut the **** up you douchebag, I'll slap the taste out of your mouth.

Since you know where Babylon is...come and see me.

El Ropo
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM

That's funny, I know of 2 people (one of them me) that has pushed a 13Kv2 with 800 watts rms in a sealed inclosure, the sub held up fine for 9 months till we both upgraded to a 13Ov2. Those two subs have been sold to another person in Austin, and they're still running fine. I just listened to my old sub in the dude's car yesterday, and it sounds sweet as ever.

There may have been some issues with their products a few years ago, but right now everything they sell is a solid performer except for their asphalt based deadening materials. They recently took care of that problem by releasing v1se2, which is butyl based.

I chalk it all up to a very young enthusiast who started his own business, got in way over his head, then learned from his mistakes, and continues to learn from his mistakes.

Before you label me a Noob, I've been in and around the industry since 1988, when many of you were still wearing pampers.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Sorry, Russian. Makes a whole world of difference.

Yeah, it does. There is a tiny thing called 'language barrier'. The contract they sent Ben was rediculous, so instead of just going ahead with the order and hoping they don't screw everyone over, he decided to not go through. I'd say that is **** good business practice.

Fact of the matter is, Ben should have done his research before he starts taking other peoples money, like he's done before. Why take money from customers if you are unsure of product ever being delivered? Horrible business ethics, as Ben has shown time and time again.

He did do his research. They were using the same HU on their project car with great results. It was a group buy from a Russian company, that's why. I highly doubt you are a grandmaster in business ethics. From reading your posts I (and I think others who aren't on the "hate ed" bandwagon will agree) you sound like an angry 16 year old.

I waited several months for my 2 15A's...and my card was charged the next day after the order. I think I waited something like 5-6 months?

Also got charged on an original nine.1 order, waited several months for that, then the amps 'got stuck in Korea'. Yeah.

Apparently you can't even understand the simple concept of a pre-order. You order it prior to production, and in turn get it at a reduced price. When you order pre-production, things are subject to delays. Such is life.

I've never seen such shady business practices before. He's a horrible businessman, and he's shown that several times in the past. I'd truly be afraid to give him any more of my money.

I've dealt with just about every major car audio company there is- whether it be from a business standpoint, or a consumer standpoint. The pure crap that Ben spews to people is truly amazing.

I'm sure it is horrible. That's why they are doing so well.

Have fun with eDuh, and keep on truckin with the 1-year wait preorders.

eDuh..... that definitely improves your credibility :hilariou:

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Didn't Ben say himself they never will make Av2's??

Silly n00bs, riding Ben's ****.

No, he said that it is not on the top of their list of priorities. Good job researching the facts. :rolleyes:

Proof of bandwagonism.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:19 PM

How do you figure?

Let's examine. The 13Ov.2 is rated at 600W RMS. This is less then half of what is needed to achieve xmax. I was putting 900w RMS on mine for months and it was loving it.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:19 PM

Yeah, well Wal-mart doesn't take preorders. I find it quite humorous that you can't even understand such a simple concept.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM

I've used eDead and it was just as good as dynamat I've used. In fact, I'd say it stuck better.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:25 PM

Good point. Most all of their products are extremely good values though. Plus their customer support is very very good compared to some companies... (horrible time dealing with RE).

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Eh, **** eD, if it's questionable quality, why waste the money? Plus, I found name brand 8" subs for $50 a PAIR from a member here, why buy eu700's?

It's not questionable at all. You could make an arguement for their previous equiptment, but there are tons of people that love their current products. I could find a pair of eu-700's for $50 used likely. Not only that, but who knows the specs of the subs you are referring to, and who knows the SQ, etc. Quit spreading BS.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
^^^ there it is :laugh: at least a couple slabs stuck on there.

Wow, someone didnt install their deadening properly and now the product is at fault. :rolleyes:

Nice try.

desertheat
03-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Wow hypnoz, you sure do love ed. Do you know who designed your beloved 13Ov2 you now own? Do you know who "what company and designer" was screwed over on the design by yet again - horrible business ethics..? Do you know were your precious sub is now made after the royal screwing occured? Sorry man, I deal only with great companies. Not great salesmen or business men that screw customers over. That forum of theres reminds me of a nazi brainwash camp. Sickening.

Also do you know the new series of subs like your 13Ov2 is not over-rated because the designer of that sub would not allow it because of that build houses warranty? then since specs were posted by ed, designs were copied and subs are being built in china, they will not change the specs since everyone knows the specs..? Bah. I wish more of you people could know about what goes on behind the scenes in car audio. Allot of it cracks me up, allot of it is sad.

Also the T/s specs of the sub were "rounded off" to make it seem a little better than the real t/s of the sub? great sub, but funny crap haha. Guess ed likes to round it's numbers, who cares about the real detailes specs.

I also find it funny you are running avionix amps... A little birdy told me that is who is building ED's amps for them overseas... hmmm interesting.

flakko
03-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Wow, someone didnt install their deadening properly and now the product is at fault. :rolleyes:

Nice try.

i find that funny. i installed 3 layers of Second skin hazmat the exact same way and guess what? it hasnt fallen off like the edead.

lol mention eD once, and a thread goez crazy

takeabao
03-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Wow hypnoz, you sure do love ed.

Haha. You should read his posts over on ICIX.

Too bad a moderator deleted the thread regarding the DIYMA Reference 12" and consequently Hypnoz's comments as well.

While I do agree with some of the stuff he's said, I definitely don't feel like eD is the end-all, always-right child in the car audio industry. I do share some of the anti-eD sentiment as well, but that's not saying much on a forum with members ignorant towards JL Audio and their success.

Would I still use an eD product? At the right price point, yes. The eu-700s were pretty cool for my intents and purposes and the Nine.x series amps are solid for the price.

Hell, I still have the free 12" K-series flatcone Ben sent to me free back in the day.

flakko
03-29-2006, 01:14 PM
While I do agree with some of the stuff he's said, I definitely don't feel like eD is the end-all, always-right child in the car audio industry.

:laugh: that title is for RE :laugh:

takeabao
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
:laugh: that title is for RE :laugh:
Shhh!!!!

You're gonna start another flame war inside this thread!!!

Randy Savage
03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
How do you figure?

Let's examine. The 13Ov.2 is rated at 600W RMS. This is less then half of what is needed to achieve xmax. I was putting 900w RMS on mine for months and it was loving it.

2nd gen K series, after them and Resonance split ways.

Ben was told that the driver should see no more then 300w RMS. He had 900w listed for the 15"....:rolleyes:

flakko
03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
also take into consideration the box it was put into?

Randy Savage
03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, it does. There is a tiny thing called 'language barrier'. The contract they sent Ben was rediculous, so instead of just going ahead with the order and hoping they don't screw everyone over, he decided to not go through. I'd say that is **** good business practice.

He did do his research. They were using the same HU on their project car with great results. It was a group buy from a Russian company, that's why. I highly doubt you are a grandmaster in business ethics. From reading your posts I (and I think others who aren't on the "hate ed" bandwagon will agree) you sound like an angry 16 year old.

Apparently you can't even understand the simple concept of a pre-order. You order it prior to production, and in turn get it at a reduced price. When you order pre-production, things are subject to delays. Such is life.

I'm sure it is horrible. That's why they are doing so well.

eDuh..... that definitely improves your credibility :hilariou:

Your logic is horrible.

Why in the world would a company start a preorder, take money for said preorder, when this supposed 'contract' is illegible from eDuh's standpoint? I'm glad you stated that Ben decided to 'not go through' with the deal...when it should have never started to begin with.

If you have a contract in front of you...that's in a different language...wouldn't you take the appropriate actions to fully examine said contract :confused:

I do uncerstand the concept of a preorder...from a business standpoint...you should do one of 2 things:

-do not give promise dates (which Ben did a million times over)

-do not charge people for a product months prior to them receiving said product (which, IIRC, is against the law)

I was involved in 2 preorders through eDuh. Each time, my card was charged almost immediately. Each time, I was told time and time again I will be receiving said product in x amount of days. Each time, that 'x' changed from week to week. Each time, I was told the product has arrived, and is going through QC before being sent out. Each time, that was a blatant lie, because each time, the products were no where near arriving to eDuh's facility.

Go and ask Ben why when I called him out on his own forum, with his own words...he acted like a coward and had my post deleted and banned me...when all I did was copy/paste a post he had made on Sin? ;)

ngsm13
03-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Maybe we should treat Hypnoz like we get treated on iCIX...

Delete all his posts or ban him...

;)

nG

Eldorado
03-29-2006, 01:57 PM
;)
x52

Chevillac
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM

;)

nG
Im up for it. ;)

:(

takeabao
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM

;)

nG
*cough*
*gag*

Sorry, I'm choking on the irony. :)

desertheat
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Bah it is freedom of speach. "besides it gives us somthing to do and laugh at" Besides that, the world needs to be able to search topics like this to see what people think of ed.

Or just treat him how the ed nazi forum does... first tell him he is wrong, do not give him time to respond, ban him and his IP for life and pray he has a static ip haha.

Hypnoz
03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow hypnoz, you sure do love ed. Do you know who designed your beloved 13Ov2 you now own? Do you know who "what company and designer" was screwed over on the design by yet again - horrible business ethics..? Do you know were your precious sub is now made after the royal screwing occured? Sorry man, I deal only with great companies. Not great salesmen or business men that screw customers over. That forum of theres reminds me of a nazi brainwash camp. Sickening.

Also do you know the new series of subs like your 13Ov2 is not over-rated because the designer of that sub would not allow it because of that build houses warranty? then since specs were posted by ed, designs were copied and subs are being built in china, they will not change the specs since everyone knows the specs..? Bah. I wish more of you people could know about what goes on behind the scenes in car audio. Allot of it cracks me up, allot of it is sad.

Also the T/s specs of the sub were "rounded off" to make it seem a little better than the real t/s of the sub? great sub, but funny crap haha. Guess ed likes to round it's numbers, who cares about the real detailes specs.

I also find it funny you are running avionix amps... A little birdy told me that is who is building ED's amps for them overseas... hmmm interesting.

I was using 1 avionixx AMP (not plural). In fact, my system is not even hooked up yet as I'm switching cars. I am selling the avionixx soon because stepping up to a better SQ amp.

As far as your post, how about some proof?

desertheat
03-29-2006, 05:57 PM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Yeah I need to show proof to you, a 17 year old super noob in the audio world *LOL* How about the simple fact that I have been to the build house that Ed had there subs built, but the owner asked me not to come out tell the entire story. Hell I have pics of tons of prototype subs built for ed by the build house that got screwed over when they copied the design and now are building them in china. how about others on this forum know exactly what I am talking about but we cannot come out and just say it for legal reasons. My god noob, you would learn allot more if you researched things instead of yapping about things you know nothing about. Your just a fanboy of ed and that is cool. Nothing wrong with there product. But purchasing from them supports crack dealers... hahaha that is all I have to say :)

But just to help you out with things I am not allowed to say. guys tell him who ED's build house used to be "which is common knowledge", if some of you know on this post, tell him who designed the current series of sq subs "which is common knowledge with many..." and if some of you know, tell him were ed subs are now being built "which ed should even admit unless they are fibbing again *LOL*

squeak9798
03-29-2006, 06:22 PM

;)

nG

We don't want to bring ourselves down to their level ;) :)

jujumantb
03-29-2006, 06:29 PM
That forum of theres reminds me of a nazi brainwash camp.
No different than this forum...

most people are simply ignorant of the fact. Thats why you see me sticking up for ED alot here. Not because I entirely agree with their practices in the past, but because their are too many 'brainwashed' people here and for the sake of newcomers, I think its important to have the other side of the story to combat the orgy of exagerated claims.

desertheat
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Then feel free to enlighten me with your knowledge of the other side of the story since the only way you could stick up for them is know that side of the story. So lets hear it :) Why has ed done the things that have done, why are they the way they are, why did they screw over the us based build house recently to have subs copied and made in china instead. I gotta hear this one :)

Also please use examples of how this forum is brainwashed compared to the ed forum. Do we ban people for saying anything slightly off about any brand on here? Ed does if you say anything at all bad about them. Please. go on and show me the light!

chadillac3
03-29-2006, 08:37 PM
This forum should ban more people; too many jackasses. 1/3 of the people on here would be banned quickly on ECA.

I know most of the stories behind a lot of it; I don't agree with all the decisions Ben has made. But, like it or not, he's young and did make mistakes...and has learned from them.

To boot, eD is growing quickly, and they have leverage over suppliers finally. The type of leverage a company like Ascendent could only dream of at this point.

I like that when I read this thread I see the typical 8-10 people spewing their stories from 3-4 years ago, but I have a hard time finding any issues with the eDis, Kv2, Ov2s, and the newer deadeners.

eD is doing something right. :)

desertheat
03-29-2006, 08:46 PM
um.... read the posts. There was nothing said about the newer subs other than ed did not design them, then they took the design and are having them made overseas. That is NOT 3-4 years ago. That is recent bad business. Guess he is still young *LOL* and still has allot of mistakes to make. Ah well. Like I said, I do not care either way really and am nutral. Just makes me laugh how hard people try to stick up for things they do not know that much about.

Also please share who these 8-10 people are with stories from 3-4 years ago :) I wanna know who these bad people are so I can avoid them! Well... who are they are what are the old stories..?

jlaine
03-29-2006, 08:48 PM
eD is doing something right. :)

What's that? Hide behind a group of fools that lock, delete, edit, and ban anyone that thinks outside the box? Well that or talks about a comparative driver, asks a generally thought-provoking question... Or heck...

Always easy to control when you have everyone in lockstep...

You say learning from mistakes... I see learning how to better manipulate and use others as a buffer... Learning would imply one is maturing... Get the vocabulary right.

You're apparently the type that's ok supporting scum if the product is proper (assuming it is anyway), there are others that are not... You'll need to learn to accept the fact that they are real, just like others have to accept the fact that you are. :)

chubby
03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
What's that? Hide behind a group of fools that lock, delete, edit, and ban anyone that thinks outside the box? Well that or talks about a comparative driver, asks a generally thought-provoking question... Or heck...

You say learning from mistakes... I see learning how to better manipulate and use others as a buffer... Learning would imply one is maturing... Get the vocabulary right.

You're apparently the type that's ok supporting scum if the product is proper (assuming it is anyway), there are others that are not... You'll need to learn to accept the fact that they are real, just like others have to accept the fact that you are. :)

JLaine has spoken.

jlaine
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh... Also...

Learning = maturing... Maturing would be facing your past lies, problems, deceit, and fixing the problems you've left hidden and the people you've burned for a profit... That would show me learning... All I've seen is greed.

Why is it that you feel the need to intervene in these situations anymore, if you find them so comical? The only real reason I responded is because I saw you - chadillac - saying the same thing I've seen you saying for the past 2 years... So I say to myself... There's chad... I may as well pluck the strings some since he seems to want to... So I guess the moral of the story today is... He's screwed people over in the past, outright lied about products to bring himself to where he is today, but that doesn't matter because today he supposedly is better - more 'mature' or 'learned'... Even though he's made no attempts to address or remedy the things he's done in his past. Used me for several years... Then pitched me aside when the opportunity arose... A simple explanation and an apology would have buried a lot, somehow though that never came to be... Fast foward to where?

All the things that show maturity - advancement - growth... I've seen nothing of it.

JLaine has spoken.

Can't speak... Lost voice to pneumonia... I'll type though if that's ok. :-p

jujumantb
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
not josh! I quit...

:p:

jlaine
03-29-2006, 09:34 PM
not josh! I quit...

:p:

;)

Actually - oddly enough...

I had a discussion with someone I respect more than anyone else in the world, and his advice was to confront, not expect to be confronted.

So I'm going to try to arrange a phone call with Ben, with me doing the unthinkable and making the initial contact. Perhaps I can in some way help put some of this all to rest.

Ignatowski
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Shut the **** up you douchebag, I'll slap the taste out of your mouth.

Since you know where Babylon is...come and see me.

hey *******,get me an addy and ill introduce myself:drool:

jujumantb
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Also please use examples of how this forum is brainwashed compared to the ed forum.
By that I more meant "easily influenced" The amount of "boners" on this site is ridiculous, you get a few people to support something (type R's, audiomobile, ED, rip on ED, RE etc..) and all of a sudden the bandwagon effect takes off.

Do we ban people for saying anything slightly off about any brand on here? Ed does if you say anything at all bad about them. Please. go on and show me the light!
This is a GENERAL car audio forum not run by a car audio company.
common sense man, dont go to a company's forum and bash their stuff, especially a largely internet based company, you cant be TOO surprised in the results of doing that. I'm not saying to go there for unbiased ED knowledge either, thats just as stupid.

Again, the only reason I "stick up" for ED is for the sake of a consumer in which a current ED product would work great for them, I know alot of them have worked perfect for me in the past. If this kind of bashing was going on back then, I would NEVER have bought ED, and you know what, not buying from them would have been a mistake for me... I dont want other people to make that mistake.

Chevillac
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
;)

Actually - oddly enough...

I had a discussion with someone I respect more than anyone else in the world, and his advice was to confront, not expect to be confronted.

So I'm going to try to arrange a phone call with Ben, with me doing the unthinkable and making the initial contact. Perhaps I can in some way help put some of this all to rest.
I know this is really none of my business. But why now? and why does it matter that much to you? Im just curious.

jujumantb
03-29-2006, 09:42 PM
;)

Thats very respectable, hope to hear how that turns out :)

jlaine
03-29-2006, 09:49 PM
I know this is really none of my business. But why now? and why does it matter that much to you? Im just curious.

I considered ben a good friend a long time ago, and some things that have happened to me in my life recently have softened me up some I guess...

I don't let go of bad blood easily - and there is a lot of it to let go at this point.

Eldorado
03-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Wooooo sahhhhh
What was the topis of this thread again?

Randy Savage
03-29-2006, 09:59 PM
hey *******,get me an addy and ill introduce myself:drool:

Atlantic Center ;)

FoxPro5
03-29-2006, 11:16 PM
ED is good at selling ED stuff to ED people and ED people like buying ED stuff. So ED (forum included) want's everyone to know that ED is ED and will always be ED as long as ED can continue to push ED's products on to ED's market which just happens to be ED's forum which just so happens to extinguish any other evidence that ED products are major crapola!!

Down with ED and all the ED was and ever will be.....the E'N'D :p:

**Edit: This post contains subliminal messages propagated by Ben Milne***

desertheat
03-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Whahahahahahaha good stuff man

chadillac3
03-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Ben owns ICIX. He can run it as he pleases. There are ample people on other forums who will point the finger directly at him no matter what the mods appear to do.

chadillac3
03-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh... Also...

Learning = maturing... Maturing would be facing your past lies, problems, deceit, and fixing the problems you've left hidden and the people you've burned for a profit... That would show me learning... All I've seen is greed.

Why is it that you feel the need to intervene in these situations anymore, if you find them so comical? The only real reason I responded is because I saw you - chadillac - saying the same thing I've seen you saying for the past 2 years... So I say to myself... There's chad... I may as well pluck the strings some since he seems to want to... So I guess the moral of the story today is... He's screwed people over in the past, outright lied about products to bring himself to where he is today, but that doesn't matter because today he supposedly is better - more 'mature' or 'learned'... Even though he's made no attempts to address or remedy the things he's done in his past. Used me for several years... Then pitched me aside when the opportunity arose... A simple explanation and an apology would have buried a lot, somehow though that never came to be... Fast foward to where?

All the things that show maturity - advancement - growth... I've seen nothing of it.

Can't speak... Lost voice to pneumonia... I'll type though if that's ok. :-p

I'm not going to argue about this; it's really not worth it. I have enough on my hands arguing with Eclipse fanatics and getting the results I want out of my systems. You may be right, and you may be wrong. I think the company is headed in the right direction; you disagree.

iagrdshaka
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Ben owns ICIX. He can run it as he pleases. There are ample people on other forums who will point the finger directly at him no matter what the mods appear to do.

Are you one of those ignorant ISUX members?

I swear all the noobs on that forum kiss so much eDuh *** its not even funny. :crazy:

chadillac3
03-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes I am. I post hundreds and hundreds of I LOVE ED threads every day on ICIX. I'm well known on all these forums for using all eD systems. I won't use a single other product. I love them so much.

Loud3
03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes I am. I post hundreds and hundreds of I LOVE ED threads every day on ICIX.

That made me smile.

Not because of the drama associated with it, but because it was a funny retort.

squeak9798
03-30-2006, 10:19 AM
This is a GENERAL car audio forum not run by a car audio company.
common sense man, dont go to a company's forum and bash their stuff, especially a largely internet based company, you cant be TOO surprised in the results of doing that. I'm not saying to go there for unbiased ED knowledge either, thats just as stupid.

Go over to the general forums on SSA or SIN (both have manufacturer supported forums) and post any comment you want about any company or product you please, and your posts will stay :)

Yes, it is rather appauling the level of nazi-ism happening on ISUX.com, ran by Ben or not. The general discussion forums should be for just that...general discussion. Not "post here and hope the eD nazi's agree with you, otherwise your posts will be deleted and you will be banned."

I think that simple fact, the way Ben runs his forum, shows just how "mature" he is, and just how much "personal growth" he's experienced. Zero.

Johnny Drama
03-30-2006, 10:42 AM
To add to this...

I have heard some of the the ED products...and almost all the rebags. They sound good, but I wont support anyone that is deceitful.

I was a member on ICIX for quite a while. When the new mags shipped I took some pictures of mine that I bought. In my excitement I posted the thread on ICIX, SiN, SSA, CA.com. I got positive responses on CA.com and SSA. I received a mix of responses on SiN. I was banned on ICIX...

You see, after 4 or 5 emails to the webmaster there (Ben) he concluded that I wasn't banned, but yet I couldn't post or PM. I created a new username...same thing...
This led me to believe that it was an IP ban. I emailed Ben again showing him the thread I posted and that I didn't work for the company, I was just excited. I received no response.

After all is said and done, I was getting the ICIX newsletters. I emailed Ben asking to be taken off. He replied with a link for me to click and do so...Still kept getting them. After a few more emails with no response I finally sent a very nasty email and finally got my name off his list.

At this point I do not care if Ben was involved in my unjustified banning. I have read many, many threads on this and will continue to not support this person, with any company he may be involved in.

El Ropo
03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
The dude that does most of the banning and deleting IMO is the main forum administrator, Junky, he's really quick to drop the hammer, and I think he should be replaced with a better admin.

To the guy talking about bad installs with V1SE, well both me and my roomate are very experienced installers, and did everything right, yet we both have pieces of edead v1se coming off our doors. In texas summers, it can very easily reach the 150s inside of a car, and asphalt based deadener in general (not just ed's stuff) doesn't last very long in extended 140degree plus heat. Just to show you folks we're all not fanboys, and blindly following ben around with our brown noses, I agreee that the edead wasn't thoroughly tested in extreme heat, and should of been recalled or something.

All of their other current products kick arse though.

Again to the one talking about V1se and bad installs, dude stfu, the haters don't need any more ammo than they already have, your comments are going to end up in their signatures as an example of another clueless eD brown noser, contratulations lol.

chadillac3
03-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Roger,

Junky can be a couple people, but in all reality there is one person who makes the decisions.

jujumantb
03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Go over to the general forums on SSA or SIN (both have manufacturer supported forums) and post any comment you want about any company or product you please, and your posts will stay :)
I never said I condoned the practice, thats why I said you cant be "TOO" surprised. Some companies are more laid back than others, sure, but I think people complain too much about how it is run over there. Its much more of a company sponsored forum than SIN or SSA aswell.

FoxPro5
03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes I am. I post hundreds and hundreds of I LOVE ED threads every day on ICIX. I'm well known on all these forums for using all eD systems. I won't use a single other product. I love them so much.

And a big old EDsticker on his rear window too....Chad is bad a$$, don't *** with him. ;)

chadillac3
03-30-2006, 05:13 PM
And a big old EDsticker on his rear window too....Chad is bad a$$, don't *** with him. ;)

More like tattooed on my arse.

El Ropo
03-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna have trouble sleeping with that image in my head! :p:

LoudCrownVic
03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
It's not questionable at all. You could make an arguement for their previous equiptment, but there are tons of people that love their current products. I could find a pair of eu-700's for $50 used likely. Not only that, but who knows the specs of the subs you are referring to, and who knows the SQ, etc. Quit spreading BS.

Did I ask you to talk to me? Nope.

I made a decision about a product.

**** you.

MadAudio
04-04-2006, 01:06 AM
in the world of car audio one thing u can be sure of is ... your milage may vary .the same way some people hate ed cause of past or present performance/service some other people love ed cause of past and present performance/service and i have to say its the same with almost every company out there .
for example rockford, i can sit here and type how much i dislike the products they make and other people will say im out of my mind and rockford is the best .
the only way you will know is to either try it or find someone who has it and have a listen or ask the folks who currently own the product.
some companies start out iffy and work out the kinks other companies start out strong and then go to crap city .
now im not gonna say which one of these ed falls into cause everyone has an opinion/a$$h0L3
but i can say that i currently own a pair of 6000 ed comps and guess what ... i had a small problem with a tweeter small as in it stopped working about 2 months after i got them. so i called ed up they said send it to us and we take a look at it. i sent it to them they found the tweet to be faulty replaced it with a new one sent it back to me ( i paid to send them the bad one they paid to send me the new one) installed it and everything has been fine ever since and that was a year ago . ohhh and they sound pretty darn good to and not just for the price either
but thats my personal milage yours may vary

jujumantb
04-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Did I ask you to talk to me? Nope.

I made a decision about a product.

**** you.
******!

:rolleyes:

MadAudio
04-04-2006, 01:11 AM
ohh and just for the record no i am not some ed fan boy i just heard about the products and decided to give it a try .these are not the only amps or comps i own .