PDA

View Full Version : 2 OHM Tweeters??

SofireGuy
03-23-2006, 12:41 PM
i was looking at some tweeters and saw that there are some tweeters with 2Ohm Impedence and was wondering if you hook them up to just your HU can you ruin them faster then hooking them up to a crossover with HU or amp??

iceteebone
03-23-2006, 12:45 PM
i was looking at some tweeters and saw that there are some tweeters with 2Ohm Impedence and was wondering if you hook them up to just your HU can you ruin them faster then hooking them up to a crossover with HU or amp??

you won't ruin the tweeter but rather the headunit. you don't need a lot of power for tweeters so 2 ohm tweets seem rather useless

SofireGuy
03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
So what would be a great set of tweeters?? im looking to replace my Kappa Tweets... in my other post xplains that problem :-/... but yea

iceteebone
03-23-2006, 12:53 PM
So what would be a great set of tweeters?? im looking to replace my Kappa Tweets... in my other post xplains that problem :-/... but yea

i imagine they are too harsh? what do you have for power? lpg 25nfa silk tweets would be nice. they are 8 ohm but tweeters don't need a lot of power

also what are you using as a crossover?

alphakenny1
03-23-2006, 02:42 PM
x2 on lpg 25nfa but yes are you going to use the passive crossovers?

SofireGuy
03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
What do you mean be harsh??? But yea i like silk... umm its using the cars stock crossovers :crap: ..... but when i replace i am definately going to use the 2 Kappa crossovers that i have lying around..... i looked up the lpg 25nfa but all i could find were Textile dome... where can i find the Silk dome lpg 25nfa's??