PDA

View Full Version : This goes out to the box builders for 1st gen neons

ExtremeODD
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
This question is for the people who have built the largest possible box they could and had it still fit in the trunk opening, what are the general dimesions. Im trying to find out so I can see if it would be worth it to build another box to use as much room as possible. Thanks

James Bang
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
make a replica box out of cardboard and see if it'll fit.

PV Audio
03-22-2006, 10:58 PM
I doubt you will get any answers to this, as most people don't usually build a box that won't fit in the opening (unless entered otherwise).

What I suggest that you do is, measure the opening dimensions and take an inch off from each side. Also remember that you aren't working with just a square, you have a triangle as well. The back of the box needs to clear the bottom of the trunk so that it doesn't get stuck at an angle.

ExtremeODD
03-22-2006, 10:59 PM
In afterthought this thread was a kinda bad idea. Ill do the cardboard thing, thats what my friend and me did to test out his box dimensions for his car. Thanks

azbass
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
i know a guy who fit a big box for 15"s that we kicked and shoved in to the trunk one time.

Ingleside
03-22-2006, 11:01 PM
make a replica box out of cardboard and see if it'll fit.
yup. go to a bicycle shop or something and pick up a bike box. build a replica and you're set.