PDA

View Full Version : JVC - I need some feedback guys - asap!!!!!

xOld Schoolx
03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Sup Fellas,

Looking into buying a DVD/CD/AM/FM/MP3 single din HU without the flip out. I already have a screen inside the navigation cubby in my Z. I originally bought an Alpine DVA-9860. I don't know what is going on with Alpine now-a-days, but they use to be great. My radio isn't a week old and its already f*cked. disc error. Won't take any disc.

I have been looking at the Pioneer but the JVC really caught my eye. Now, JVC use to be crap. I don't know if they've changed much. Anyone have any insite on JVC? I was looking at the KD-AVX1 or KD-AVX2. It plays DVDs, has 5v outputs, av in and outs and has a nice size screen to boot. I'm very iffy about buying JVC. They usually crap out in a year or two like Sony does. Anyone have any experience with these models? Looking to buy today or tomorrow, so any help is greatly appreciated. I can pick an AVX2 up for roughly 4 bills. Not a bad markdown from retail but more than I paid for my Alpine. I really worried about sound quality and reliability. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

xOld Schoolx
03-22-2006, 05:50 PM
too late, already ordered. Hopefully this JVC works out better than the Alpine. Anyone with this unit (KD-AVX2) is more than welcome to post reviews.

duckfart
03-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm interested in the same HU post ur review when u get it.

melaza
03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Well i used to have the JVC-KDX-1, it was pretty cool, however after 3 months or so the sirius mode got f.ck up..it wouldn`t play any sirius stations at all, other than that the unit was o.k.

ps..i still got the sirius tuner if you are interested let me know.

SuperBlack350z
03-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Most of the time if anyone comes to me with a deck that has a cd stuck in it it's a JVC. They don't really seem to be that durable.

jujumantb
03-23-2006, 01:13 AM
I've owned two JVC units, both still going strong with no problems, one 5 years old, the other 3. I could just be lucky though :cool:

xOld Schoolx
03-23-2006, 11:00 AM
good feedback guys....keep em coming!!!

SuperBlack350z....nice car!! I have a 03 Touring model. What JVC decks have you seen that have had this problem?

Melaza - i'm interested as long as you're sure it was the radio and not the sirius unit. How was the sound quality on the AVX1? What did your system consist of?

jujumantb - what models do you own? Just curious to see what line they are.

Loud3
03-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Most of the time if anyone comes to me with a deck that has a cd stuck in it it's a JVC. They don't really seem to be that durable.

Sounds like you have idiots in your area. I've sold JVC for 4 years and have had problems with 1 headunit.

Now, Panasonic and Pioneer, are complete ****. It seems like every day I have to fix a Pioneer with a bad internal ground!!!

Loud3
03-23-2006, 11:05 AM
too late, already ordered. Hopefully this JVC works out better than the Alpine. Anyone with this unit (KD-AVX2) is more than welcome to post reviews.

I will be using an AXV2 in the very near future. For a flashy unit, it still has fairly good SQ!

This coming from someone who dumped an 8455.

xOld Schoolx
03-23-2006, 11:55 AM
I will be using an AXV2 in the very near future. For a flashy unit, it still has fairly good SQ!

This coming from someone who dumped an 8455.

I hear positive things about the AVX2 sound quality. Not from anyone I'd call a audiophile, but if it sounds better than your average alpine, I'll be happy. Man I hope this HU works out ok.

Red Rocket
03-23-2006, 12:26 PM
My KD-S670 still runs and works almost flawlessly to date and it's at least 3 years old now (I'm in college, give me a break). I'm not sure that I'd get another (parents purchased it for me) now that I know what else on the market but it's done the job well enough for a couple years.

Randy Savage
03-23-2006, 12:29 PM

xelleventybillion

I get so many people coming back with JVC's that have CD's stuck in em...at least 2-3 a week.

Even though resetting the deck fixes the problem...it's annoying as ****.

xOld Schoolx
03-23-2006, 12:44 PM
xelleventybillion

I get so many people coming back with JVC's that have CD's stuck in em...at least 2-3 a week.

Even though resetting the deck fixes the problem...it's annoying as ****.

which models come back? AVX2 is a high end model for JVC. Hoping the high end models have a better track record.

Randy Savage
03-23-2006, 12:45 PM
We only sell the KDG-xxx line.

melaza
03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey xOld Schoolx my system at the time was very simple the JVC avx1, 2 hifonics amps and pioneer coaxials..it was pretty simple like i said..anyway like i posted before the only problem was the sirius mode and no it wasn`t the tuner because we used the tuner in a different unit, and it worked fine. Now i got a different headunit, Clarion vrx755, so needless to say i got no use for the tuner...just in case let me know.

xOld Schoolx
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey xOld Schoolx my system at the time was very simple the JVC avx1, 2 hifonics amps and pioneer coaxials..it was pretty simple like i said..anyway like i posted before the only problem was the sirius mode and no it wasn`t the tuner because we used the tuner in a different unit, and it worked fine. Now i got a different headunit, Clarion vrx755, so needless to say i got no use for the tuner...just in case let me know.

Sounds like a plan. I'll PM you next week. This week I'm kinda broke from buying all my equipment and having it installed. This week alone I think I've spent close to $1500...that's not even half my stereo **** either.....**** hobbies. They cost too much!!! What do you want for the sirius unit? $50-60?? Think they run $100 new if I'm not mistaken. Let me know, not trying to low ball, just get a feel for what you want. Holla back.

xOld Schoolx
03-23-2006, 01:22 PM
We only sell the KDG-xxx line.

Just looked those up. They look like Alpine knock offs big time!! Well, now that I think about it, Alpine is made in China now. They may be the same radio. They have the same amp and similar features. Maybe different software, but it wouldn't suprise me if they had the same board. Most companies contract out their labor, so it is probable. Hopefully the KD-AVX series is better built.

xOld Schoolx
03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
anyone else have anything on this unit? (jvc kd-avx2)