PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Type X 6.5 Components

XxSuperAdamxX
03-22-2006, 01:45 AM
I just purchased some alpine components and my friend and I were installing them in. But for some reason my driver side tweeter doesn't have sound while the speaker does. As for my passenger side, both component and tweeter works fine. But when I roll down my window for the driver side the passenger tweeter and speakers both gets no sound and only the driver side gets sound but tweeter still not working. As for my crossovers, one of them lights up and melted my cover. I thought the light was a feature that lights along with the beat, but I'm guessing it's a warning sign for something. Sometimes when I even close or open my door, the speakers on the driver side turns off. If anyone has any suggestions or help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

slain93gsr
03-22-2006, 02:18 AM
sounds like a wiring problem.. the little light is to protect the tweeter..

XxSuperAdamxX
03-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Hmm that's what I thought too, I did wire my tweeters kinda nasty, since I was short of wires, I had to connect it to another wire and stuff. Thanks for the advice, I should really rewire like my friend told me to.

ssj2xxgotenxx
03-24-2006, 02:15 AM
bump

kingpin_jeffie
03-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Almost sounds like a short.

But it could be anything, the protection bulb melting your x over case worries me. All that light is for is to burn up excess voltage when you are listening to music (50 cent especially) that has clipping in the music itself so as to not toast your tweets.

ssj2xxgotenxx
03-26-2006, 05:51 AM
Yea... it was a short BTW... opened up the front door panel agian and when I was pulling the wire out I noticed the wire was stripped.. I guess when we were pulling the wire through the rubber elbow it stripped.... Fixed it and it's all good except for a blown tweeter...

Wonder if the warrenty covers this kinda thing?

Pyro_By_Nature
03-26-2006, 06:26 AM
Most warranties doesn't cover n00bism.

ssj2xxgotenxx
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Most warranties doesn't cover n00bism.

It's not n00bism... You tell me a better way to run a wire through a door?!