PDA

View Full Version : which wires???

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 09:45 PM
i installed my components awhile back and i just recently was thinking of how i wired the tweeter... there's a black and white wire and a solid black wire, which one is positive and which is neg. i think i wired the one with the white to the positive and the solid to the neg. is this right? thanks,

soundstreamer
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
it doesn't matter what color the wires are as long as you are consistant with which ones you use as positive and which you use as negative.

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
thats the thing about it.... the woofer has terminals like a sub so i know there right, and on the crossover everything is right i was just wondering if i have the tweeter wired right... right now ive got the black and white used as pos. and the solid black used as neg. would that be right ?

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
colors mean nothing.......as long as one wire is positive and one is negative and u dont mix them up

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
dont it make a difference in the ohm load it makes on the amp?? like subs for ex. if u wire them differently it makes a different load...

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
im not quite sure that has anything to do with what you originally asked.........as long as your black and white wire is consistantly pos/neg and your black wire is consistantly pos/neg than your ok

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:14 PM
im not quite sure that has anything to do with what you originally asked.........as long as your black and white wire is consistantly pos/neg and your black wire is consistantly pos/neg than your ok

ok so what your saying is if i have the woofer (+) and (-) right.... and the input (+) and (-) right.... then it dont matter which way i hook my tweeter up ??? that dont seem right .. what i dont know is which wire is the (+) and (-) on the tweeter.. and the reason for this post was to find out which wire is (+) and which is (-) the black/white wire or the solid black wire

oh and im not gonna start a new thread just to ask a question about the ohm change in a comp set when it can be asked in this post which is named which wires..... :)

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 10:17 PM
u have crossovers?

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:21 PM
ive never seen a component set w/o crossovers.........

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 10:24 PM
ok well which wire is positive coming out of the crossover going to your tweeters?

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
ok right now i have the (+) from the amp going to the (+) on the crossover and the (-) on the amp going to the (-) on the crossover...... so thats right

then i have the woofer wired (+) on the woofer to the (+) on the crossover and the (-) on the woofer to the (-) on the crossover....... so thats right

and on the tweeter there are wires allready coming out of it..... one is black/white and the other is solid black, i dont know which one of these is (+) and which one is (-) so im not sure if i have them right........ currently i have the black/white wired to the (+) on the crossover and the solid black wired to the (-) on the crossover....... is this right ?

lol i tried to put all that together so you can better understand not to be a ******** :D

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 10:35 PM
idk u kinda lost me but as long as the wire coming from the + on the crossover is the same wire as the + on the tweeter and the same for the - then i think ur ok

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
but i dont know which wire is (+) on the tweeter lol.... thats the problem if i knew that id be sure i have it wired right ....... so the question is which colored wire is (+) the black/white or the solid black ???

blaze383
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Your confusin blaze :D

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 10:40 PM
hell yea your confusing.......track the wires from your tweeter back to your crossover and see which is what

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
**** it aint confusing..... i have the solid black coming from the tweeterwired to the negative on the crossover....... but im not sure if its the negative for the tweeter itself.... same thing with the black/white wire its to the positive on the crossover but im not sure if its the positive for the tweeter itself

goonandbuck
03-20-2006, 10:48 PM
your on your own sorry

lifted95blaze
03-20-2006, 10:59 PM
thanks anyways man...