PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD8455: INFO 3

MegaHurtz
03-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Lately, I've been getting an INFO 3 message on my CD8455 when trying to play audio CDs. This doesn't happen all the time, I got it this morning when trying to play a particular CD, then I switched to another CD to see what would happen (it worked), then switched back to the original CD, which then worked. I also get the message sometimes after the CD has loaded and I try to change tracks, it's like the CD player can't find the track I want to play.

Same happens with MP3 CDs, sometimes I will put a CD in and it will say NO SUPPORT, and it might work again if I take it out and put it back in. If it eventually works, sometimes it will have trouble finding other folders/files on the CD, or have trouble reading filenames. Again, it's like the head unit is having trouble finding the start of a track or the start of a folder...

Anyway, sound off season is just around the corner and I need to look into getting this problem taken care of. What do you guys think is the problem and what do you recommend?

mfenske
03-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Lately, I've been getting an INFO 3 message on my CD8455 when trying to play audio CDs. This doesn't happen all the time, I got it this morning when trying to play a particular CD, then I switched to another CD to see what would happen (it worked), then switched back to the original CD, which then worked. I also get the message sometimes after the CD has loaded and I try to change tracks, it's like the CD player can't find the track I want to play.

Same happens with MP3 CDs, sometimes I will put a CD in and it will say NO SUPPORT, and it might work again if I take it out and put it back in. If it eventually works, sometimes it will have trouble finding other folders/files on the CD, or have trouble reading filenames. Again, it's like the head unit is having trouble finding the start of a track or the start of a folder...

Anyway, sound off season is just around the corner and I need to look into getting this problem taken care of. What do you guys think is the problem and what do you recommend?
I had a similar issue with my 8454 (last year's model). I bought it second hand from a guy on Ebay. I could play track one well, track two okay, but when I would try to skip ahead or use random I would get "Error 3" after about 40 seconds. I sent it in for service (jammed CD mechanism) and now it works great. Mark

MegaHurtz
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
How much did it cost to get fixed?

mfenske
03-20-2006, 10:01 PM
How much did it cost to get fixed?
It was $94 including return shipping. Flat rate fee. Seeing as it's an 8455 would it still be under warranty? Mark

MegaHurtz
03-21-2006, 02:17 AM
Bought it used, no warranty :(

Going to **** sending it out, I might buy a cheap deck to use in the meantime.

mfenske
03-21-2006, 10:55 AM

I sent mine to United Radio Service on Friday March 3rd and had it back on the 15th if memory serves me correctly. They're awesome. http://198.66.219.68/yourservicecent...rpricing.shtml Mark

headless
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I sent mine to United Radio Service on Friday March 3rd and had it back on the 15th if memory serves me correctly. They're awesome. http://198.66.219.68/yourservicecent...rpricing.shtml Mark

My CD8454 also suffers from this ino 3 nonsense. Also bought it used on the forums...Exact same symptoms as far as randomly working then not working.

Thanks for this info. Ima send this ***** in. The fellow i purchased it from here was so nice as to offer to pay for the repairs, so we're going to split the cost. Your link is broken -- could you try again?

mfenske
03-21-2006, 03:18 PM
http://198.66.219.68/yourservicecenter/customerpricing.shtml Wow, you've got better seller than I did. After much deliberation and insinuation that I am a bumbling, hack installing, Neanderthal, idiot my seller agreed to pay me $20. Better than nothing I guess. Haven't seen payment yet so we'll see. Mark

FoxPro5
03-21-2006, 03:42 PM

I second that! UR is great!! Plus they warranty their repairs for 6 months.

JLCivic
03-21-2006, 06:01 PM

Call United Radio...excellent service(authorized eclipse repair center). You can get their number from the website www.unitedradio.com

MegaHurtz
03-21-2006, 07:53 PM
United Radio is in the US, anybody know any Canadian repair depots?

MegaHurtz
03-24-2006, 12:24 PM
bump, can anybody help with my question above?