PDA

View Full Version : plz help

Rockguy475
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
very soon im going to be buying my front speakers... i do not know which i should get... my price range is no more then 150... i will have them running off a JL 300/4 amp.. what would u go with

Prowler573
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Are you running the 300/4 in stereo for 75 watts from each channel or are you going to bridge it to mono 2 channel operation for 150 watts per?

Rockguy475
03-20-2006, 05:08 PM
most likly 150 per speaker.. i heard it was kinda a waste to get rear speakers.. i have no idea if that is true or not... what do u think i should do?

Prowler573
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
most likly 150 per speaker..
Okay - lemme have a look around and see what I can find available that that level of power would be suitable for.

i heard it was kinda a waste to get rear speakers.. i have no idea if that is true or not... what do u think i should do?
This is where myself and conventional wisdom part company. Most here on the forum (and in other forums as well) would tell you that rear fill is an unnecessary extra at best and a complete waste of time, energy, and money at worst.
From personal experience I like rear fill and lots of it when properly implemented....to the extent that not only do I have amplified rear fill in use but my rear fill is a component set. :)

What do I think you should do? I think you should do whatever sounds best to you. We're not discussing my audio gear or your mom's or your uncle's or the guy down the street's system....we're talking about yours. As human beings have this incredibly annoying tendency to be individuals and have tastes that differ from one person to the next what sounds best to me might sound like complete *** to you. What sounds best to you may sound like hammered crap to someone else. Hopefully you understand what I am trying to get at.

A good starting point, though, would be to get the best component set that your budget will allow for and after getting it installed and tweaked the way it needs to be if you feel something is still lacking then go for some rear fill - start with running them off of the head unit as to not incur any extra costs and if it still doesn't satisfy you look into amplifying them.

justsayk
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
I took my rear fill out when I got comps and haven't missed it yet. If you have a trunk car, taking the rear 6x9's will help the bass get into your car. That is a nice amp, so you have a good start. Take a look a good look at DLS and CDT in that price range, but If you can save a little bit more $ I think it would be worth it. Check the classifieds for some good used stuff too.

Rockguy475
03-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I took my rear fill out when I got comps and haven't missed it yet. If you have a trunk car, taking the rear 6x9's will help the bass get into your car. .
do u mean i should totally take out the 6X9 speakers out of the car or just not hook them up to the amp?