PDA

View Full Version : Other thread got ****ed: new head unit time

pwnt by pat
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Okay. No more ed hate thread.

I picked up a NEW DVA-9860 on Amazon for 327 shipped... Not bad when most used are going for 325.

Now all I need is to find a decent priced h701. Anyone know where one might be? I can't seem to find any on the usual forums (ca.caf.eca.sd.icix.etc) I'll pay ebay if I have to but I'd rather not....

chadillac3
03-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I'd be careful w/ buying one on eBay. I've heard of just enough issues with the H701s to stay away.

If you PM me, I may be able to put you in contact w/ an authorized Alpine dealer who might be able to help you.

alphakenny1
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
i believe theres a guy on eca thats selling his h701. ray bao. although his thread has gone a lil off topic. stand up guy if you "don't waste his time."

pwnt by pat
03-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah. I've come across his threads. over 1,100 for a 9860 and h701 (iirc) is a little rediculuous, however, I think.

alphakenny1
03-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah. I've come across his threads. over 1,100 for a 9860 and h701 (iirc) is a little rediculuous, however, I think.

i believe he was selling his h701 for 375.

chadillac3
03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
I personally wouldn't deal with the guy considering how he responded to Manny.

You can ignore my offer if you wish, but the guy is the head sales guy at a Tweeter near me and is willing to ship direct to people.

bimma85
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I'd be careful w/ buying one on eBay. I've heard of just enough issues with the H701s to stay away.

If you PM me, I may be able to put you in contact w/ an authorized Alpine dealer who might be able to help you.
I think he prolly has an authorized dealer around him ;)

You'd stay away from ebay...or anywhere online?
I also dont really love the idea of buying new models w/ no real warranty :crap:.

locotony
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Personally Now that the Ural was cancelled I am probably goiong with and Audio control DQXS and DDC as I don't like alpine (personal preference issues there Its still a good unit) but still want to control the sound and go active with my setup. and with the money bacck from the ural I can get both w/o thinking about it as the money was spent once already.

alphakenny1
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I personally wouldn't deal with the guy considering how he responded to Manny.

You can ignore my offer if you wish, but the guy is the head sales guy at a Tweeter near me and is willing to ship direct to people.

yea i agree with the way he acted in that thread was very immature. but hey its a great price for an h701.

chadillac3
03-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I think he prolly has an authorized dealer around him ;)

You'd stay away from ebay...or anywhere online?
I also dont really love the idea of buying new models w/ no real warranty :crap:.

Does he have an authorized dealer that will give him a good price? I should have mentioned that. Pricing will be above eBay, but should be well below what a normal Tweeter would quote.

chadillac3
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Personally Now that the Ural was cancelled I am probably goiong with and Audio control DQXS and DDC as I don't like alpine (personal preference issues there Its still a good unit) but still want to control the sound and go active with my setup. and with the money bacck from the ural I can get both w/o thinking about it as the money was spent once already.

What I don't like about the DQXS is that you can't overlap/underlap xover points, and you have to use 4th order slopes...otherwise a great unit.

I like my H701. :)

Of course, the Zapco Digital Ref amps I have in the truck are a lot of fun to play with too. Talk about ****** processing built into an amp.

takeabao
03-20-2006, 06:12 PM
yea i agree with the way he acted in that thread was very immature. but hey its a great price for an h701.

Immature, huh?

H701 has been sold to technobug (on ECA).

alphakenny1
03-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Immature, huh?

H701 has been sold to technobug (on ECA).

yes. i thought so. i think you are a cool guy but i didn't like the way you handled that thread. just my opinion.

pwnt by pat
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
LocoTony, I agree. I really don't like the layout, looks, or functionality of the Alpines but I'll be ****ed to find a better up front control of all major settings. Plus I should be able to change the color of the lights to match my spedo or center console lights (red/blue). Also, it's renowned for it's sound quality. I know I could have gotten better (as in rux-c701 + an old 79xx) but that'd cost several hundred more and I'm already a little pissed paying more when the Ural would have been literally perfect for my componants/install/integration.

Chadillac, what kind of pricing shipped and would it have a full warranty?