PDA

View Full Version : mounting hole cracked because of screws

newb
03-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Well I took the sub out of its enclosure and it looks like 2-3 of the holes where the screws mount the sub onto the box are cracked. Can I fix this by applying wood glue to the cracked areas? Any help, tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KngOfThePkngLot
03-20-2006, 06:25 AM
the actual mounting holes on the sub are cracked?..or the holes in the wood?

newb
03-20-2006, 07:57 AM
the actual mounting holes on the sub are cracked?..or the holes in the wood?

Sorry I wasnt clear. But yes, the mouting holes in the wood is cracked.

djmadfx
03-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Try rotating the sub so that you can mount it using NEW holes. Use some wood glue in the new mounting holes to reinforce them.

JL12W7INAGS300
03-20-2006, 08:17 AM
and predrill your next holes

newb
03-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Try rotating the sub so that you can mount it using NEW holes. Use some wood glue in the new mounting holes to reinforce them.

I was thinking about doing that, but then I didnt want the logo on the idmax to be lopsided. But if that's the only choice I have then, so be it.

and predrill your next holes

Yes, that's what I'm going to be doing.

djmadfx
03-20-2006, 08:47 AM
I was thinking about doing that, but then I didnt want the logo on the idmax to be lopsided. But if that's the only choice I have then, so be it.

Yes, that's what I'm going to be doing.Lopsided... that sounds a tad OCD to me... lol. I figured you predrilled already since only 3 of the holes were cracked. It wouldn't be too easy getting screws in without predrilling.

newb
03-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Lopsided... that sounds a tad OCD to me... lol. I figured you predrilled already since only 3 of the holes were cracked. It wouldn't be too easy getting screws in without predrilling.

Actually, I bought the sub and enclosure used, I took the sub out so I can rewire it in parallel and noticed that it was cracked. :)

ssj2xxgotenxx
03-20-2006, 02:24 PM
rotate and invert sub so the logo won't be lopsided.

Prowler573
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Lopsided... that sounds a tad OCD to me... lol.

Pfft.....when I got the enclosure my DAT M6 is in I sat it in the trunk so I could see how I was going to place it so I could tell which way the sub needed to go in for the logo on the dustcap would be upright and level. Reckon I have a touch of OCD, too?!? :D

newb
03-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Well I rotated the sub and drilled new holes. Patched the old/cracked holes up with caulk. Logo is lopsided but oh well.