PDA

View Full Version : getting my car dvd set-up started.need some serious help.experts look here

BIGPETEROCK
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
hi guys im new to this site but im pretty sure this is the site ive been looking for.i just recently bought a 7 inch lcd/tft screen that i am going to mount in my dash.now i already have a panasonic cd/mp3 player which i love,but obviously it doesnt play dvds.so im going to remove it and buy a stereo deck that can play everything ,my cd,dvds, power my monitor and add my subs and amp to it.so it would be an all in one stereo,instead of having my cd player in and add a dvd player somewhere.my question to you experts are can i do this??can i buy just one deck and have it do all of that?plus if i get a deck like that will the dvd movies play thru my cars speakers since its hooked up to the same deck thats wired to my car??please help me i dont want to buy the wrong thing and then be mad about it later.thanxx ahead of time everyone .

dkguitarist
03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
i don't see a problem with buying a stand alone dvd player and a seperate screen. just hook it up to your hu via rcas or aux in and voila.

j3bus2k3
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
There are source units that play everything and have outs fro audio/video. Simply run the Vid rcas to your monitor, and your audio ones to your amps if you have them, otherwise just run normal ol' speaker wire. I'll try and link up a few examples...

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=DVA-9860

^^^Prime example. Just run a video rca to your screen and it does the work...hope this helps.

BIGPETEROCK
03-22-2006, 01:13 PM
sounds simple enough guys but my question is if i get a stand alone dvd player.which i was thinking of getting.will the dvd's audio play through my cars speakers??or will it just come out of the little crappy speakers the screen has built in??

j3bus2k3
03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
yea. Just run the audio cables out of the DVD player into the AUX set of inputs on your headunit.

BIGPETEROCK
03-22-2006, 11:21 PM
J3BUS2K i dont think i have any aux inputs on my panasonic cd player.i only have inputs in the back for subwoofers and a cd changer.so what can i do??helpp

j3bus2k3
03-24-2006, 05:04 AM
see if you can get a convertor to convert your cd-changer into an AUX-in. My alpine doesnt have a labeled AUX in but using an AI-Net (apline cd-changer interface) to RCA plug from alpine its easily changed into one. Call up panasonic and see if thats possible.