PDA

View Full Version : weird headunit problem

corto
03-19-2006, 11:01 AM
i was bought the wiring kit for my unit yesterday and was installing it and had everything installed. Turned the unit on. Sound was comming from the radio im like okay i did it all right im good to go. I put in a cd it plays the cd but no sound comes out. same with the auxuliry with my ipod hooked up. could my unit be fryed? or is there some setting i just have messed up? one more question. I just bought this car yesterday. it has a infinity amp with infinity 6x9s in the back there is no power going to the 6x9s. is there a way i can like turn this amp on or something i could do to make that work? blown fuse maybe? some where any help thankz

corto
03-19-2006, 11:07 AM
http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=015560;p= sounds like both of my problems but the blue antena wire is hooked up. my factory amp isint working

KaeZoo
03-19-2006, 12:12 PM
You need to connect your head unit's blue/white wire to whatever the blue wire is connected to now.

corto
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
they are all connected unless its loose at where the piece connects to the cd player. any other ideas

KaeZoo
03-19-2006, 07:48 PM
What's connected to the blue wire on the Chrysler harness?

6spdcoupe
03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
they are all connected unless its loose at where the piece connects to the cd player. any other ideas

Like Kaezoo said, use the Blue/White rather than the Blue. Sounds like you have the power antenna lead used as a remote turn. Hence why the Radio works and all other sources dont.